Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

Hello All! Had a fun trip last week. It was wonderful to spend the time with my sister and catch up. Sometimes it is a drag to live on opposite sides of the country but don't think I can handle the New England winters anymore. Trying to convince her to move to the south west:)

I went to the OS yesterday and it is just a waiting game now. I see the ID on March 3rd and we will go on from there. I'm getting tired of being patient but this hopefully is coming to an end:)
 
Glad you had fun! Just one more week. Will the ID take some labs before you see him/her?
 
I am so glad you had a good trip. Very good diversion between Dr's visits Did you break even?
 
Hi @KarriB There aren't any labs ordered yet but last month they did them on the same day.

Hi @Glamg1979 ..Not even close :( but it was worth it to have my sister for the week:)
 
I was put on a different oral antibiotic after my white count came back up. Maybe I had the blood work done because of my white count...:umm:
 
Not much of an update but I saw my ID & OS yesterday. For the moment it is a waiting game to see if the infection is gone. Took labs and have to return in 2 weeks for more. It is really hard to plan the next move until I know.
@Josephine a question or advice please. The patella tendon repair did not work. The OS is giving me the option of leaving it as it is or go for the graft. Other than the ability to straighten my leg completely what other issues would there be? I haven't been able to find to much info on line. If the infection is still there I would go ahead and have it done with the revision but I don't have to go into the knee again???


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Josephine. Do you have any information on how the knee functions without the patella tendon being attached? I know it doesn't straighten all the way, which I could handle. It is the stability that I have concerns with.
 
No I haven't and I've never seen any either, I'm afraid.
 
@Josephine Thank you for checking. I haven't been able to find anything on line either. I think I will get it fixed then...seems that's the norm :) Besides I didn't go through the TKR to have it worse than before.
 
So I woke up this morning with a slight fever and all my joints hurting. Boy do I hope it is the flu:) Please keep the fingers crossed and the prayers coming (Thank You!). If it looks like it gets worse I will go to the ER to get it checked...again I hope it is just a bug or flu.
 
My infection began with a high fever and body aches, then the seeping started, I thought it was the flu. I'm praying now that it's the flu for you!
 
Thanks. I'm sitting in an ER now.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@KarriB so the labs and X-rays have been. Lab results are slowly coming in. There was some talk about aspiration.....with my history I don't know if I want an ER doc doing that


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I just finished ready your thread....it brought back many memories. I have had my right knee replaced twice due to infection. Hopefully this ER visit will end well. Once we have had an infection it is always somewhere in the back of our minds.

Prayers for you, and we await your update.


Chris
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
LTKR March, 2014
RTKR September 2014, infection revision December 2014, second infection redo July 2015
 
I know how you feel about an ER doc. After my washout the knee was still seeping and over a weekend a bubble developed right on my knee. My OS wasn't the on call doc, so I refused to go to the ER only to have another doc think they could solve my problem. I was seeing my OS on Monday morning, so I waited. My family was furious, but the bubble disappeared.
An aspiration...ugh!
 
Looks like they are admitting me...my OS & ID will be by in the morning.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh no, I'm so sorry, Peggy! I'm just sick for you. Let us know what they say in the morning.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom