Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

It is slowing down. I talked to the OS Friday and he wants to see me this morning. I had strict "keep my butt down and knee up" all weekend:) I was good most of the weekend..had to show up at my son and daughter-in-law's gender reveal party (they are so funny)..looks like I am having a grandson in September:loveshwr: The OS (and I) believe I was up and about too much last week with my husband in the hospital, that it really irritated the knee. My husband came home Friday and is also recuperating now. We are a team!!
 
@newlybionic The hubby is home..They did a cardiac cath last Friday and everything looked OK (no new stents needed) but got discharged with a dx of New Onset A-Fib and Heart Failure. It is a lot for him (and me) to take in. They have him on Warfarin, so loads of blood tests until he gets level. He was a little "doom and gloom" over the weekend but has lightened up. He is 68 but I keep telling him his mother lived to 92 with CHF so this is workable. Just have to watch for things.
 
My appointment with the OS went well Monday. They say it is looking good and the drainage was probably due to how much I had to be on my feet last week. It has slowed down a bit. He talked about it most likely be a couple of months before they put in the new knee but it will be up to ID. I see her tomorrow. So June again..that is when I had the original TKR :)
And I love little normal things...just got back from a cut and color. She was great and used a little bench for me to put my leg up while she did her magic.
 
Update time:) I saw my OS & ID today. Unfortunately my numbers have not been the best the last couple of weeks, they have not been improving. The PICC line will still come out Friday and I will take oral antibiotics for the next 4 weeks. After that a Complex Revision (is there a difference with "complex"?) They are bringing in a Revision Specialist who has a lot of experience with complications. It is kind of funny watching my ID coordinate all this. He is coming to this hospital to do the surgery because she wants my 2 OS's to be involved with it and complete the tendon graft. I very much like the team approach:) They each have their special part of the process.
Meanwhile I am just tired. My husband is back in the hospital. He was having problems breathing Sunday. His heart rate was up to 170 and had fluid in his lungs. They are adjusting his meds and he is feeling better. Hopefully I will have him home tomorrow. My mother will be coming out from MA before the next surgery because I don't want him to be stressing too much.
 
Peggy, you are in my prayers! You have so much on your plate now. I do hope your husband gets his meds and fluid regulated. My mother had CHF and it really is a balancing act between the heart, lungs, and kidneys. She also had COPD from the paint fumes she inhaled many years as a biological artist. (Painting the models that medical students and universities use to study - very interesting profession.) God bless you and strengthen you.
 
Do you know what the oral antibiotic will be? You must be very stressed with your situation and your husband's as well. I hope he's feeling better soon and able to come home.
 
I hope all goes well for you and your husband and that he's home soon. It's been a rough road, hopefully that road will be smooth from here on out!
 
You plate is full, all the best to you and your husband for a healthier summer.
 
Thank you all, hopefully he is home tomorrow.

@KarriB It is Cephalexin, 2 500mg capsules twice a day. I am a little stressed but things will get better. He never gives us more than we can handle..right? :)
 
PegGar16, I am so sorry to hear of these double problems. I know when we try to get rid of MRSA the eradication road IS a big commitment! I am my husband's caregiver too, so I can feel that stress with you. Hang in there and get the MRSA gone. It will help both of you in the long run. You are in my prayers. My ID doctor sounds like yours. She got this show organized and really reaches out! There is so much they have to look for. Prayers are being said. Hugs, old goat or Ann

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
I'm so sorry to hear your new about your husband and also your continuing infection. Your ID sounds like a very caring doctor and you now have a team of doctors that will be able to handle any complications that may arise. I hope both you and your husband are feeling better soon. It's wonderful that your mom can help when you are having your surgery.
 
Things seem to get complicated all at once, don't they? I am so sorry that it hit you like this. Beyond my prayers, I offer my bit of advice. Try to focus on the good things. Your dear hubby's meds are in order. Your team seems to be in grand shape and taking good care of you. Try freezing meals or have friends do it for you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@PegGar16
I'm sorry t hear that your husband is in hospital again. I hope that his is soon home again with you, and feeling better.

My husband had something very similar and he also started with not being able to breathe at night. He also had atrial fibrillation and heart failure. After he was stabilized on the drug regime, they gave him a cardioversion, which shocked his heart back into normal rhythm. Since then, he has improved a lot and his heart has stayed in normal rhythm. He'll have to take the medications for the rest of his life, though.
 
@Celle Hi and thank you. It looks like they have straightened up the meds and he is feeling much better. Brought him home today. It has been a little scary with all this going on with him. Everything was fine 9 months ago when he went for a cardiology check up (has 3 stents from 2003). No problems and then BAM!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom