Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

This is the worse...even with all the antibiotics I'm on I catch a killer head cold from my husband (got it at the hospital hanging out with me:( ) Head ache, stuffy nose, sore throat and ears..ggrrrrrrrr! So not fair!!
 
I'm sorry you've got a cold to contend with, in top of everything else. I hope it clears up fast. :console2:
 
@old goat & @Coppernob Thank you both for responding last night unfortunately they are part of the lost. I was glad to hear that the grinding and movement is normal:) I notice it especially when I am in bed with the leg straight out. With every muscle twitch there seems to be movemen especially when I move to get up. I see my OS tomorrow and ID on Thursday. You mentioned the CRP test..I had a 70 last week, Hopefully it will be a little better this week after another week of antibiotics. Thank you for the spacer information. Always nice to talk to another with the same :)
Yes, bonesmart is a major plus. I am glad you are doing better. I get my PICC line out Friday! Can't wait! Still be careful. Always good to hear from you and others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
All though the cold stinks...everything else is going well. The OS took out some stitches yesterday and said it was looking good. He will come check it again while I am at my ID appointment tomorrow. The home health nurse came today to take blood and clean and change the PICC. I'm just putzing around with a walker and the wheel chair I am using for a desk chair with the elevated leg. The best thing was that my OS ordered me something to help me sleep and I got my first whole night's sleep in forever last night. It is the little things in life:)
 
PegGar16,
Good to hear you got a good nights sleep, hoping it continues.
 
As I am taking a break from work and reading some of the threads I find it interesting that there is so much focus on Flex and Extension. Granted they are progress markers for the PT's and OS's to go by, but it does you no good if it stresses you out. I know after my TKA I was all about the flex & extension, 120/0 in 10 weeks. My doctor and I were happy with the progress.
After my accident I was all stressed out about having to keep my leg straight, what would happen with my ROM of the knee??? Now after all the surgeries and having to keep the leg straight (12+ weeks) and the future surgery that will use a graft to attach my tendon and replace the knee (another 6 weeks immobile)....I just want to be able to bend it and straighten it enough to walk straight and not fall on my face :) The numbers mean nothing. Deep thoughts today:)
 
My office partner today:)
[Bonesmart.org] Finally Finishing Up



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@PegGar16 that is one cute office mate! How lovely of your sweet dog to be keeping you company like that. And either that is quite a trendy hair color job on your pet, or he ran into some misplaced food coloring :heehee: Either way, I am so glad to hear that you are doing well despite all that the universe has sent your way lately. I also appreciated your deep thoughts - it is all about perspective.
 
@PegGar16 it was very hard for me in the beginning of the infection treatment, to change my focus from bending to keeping it straight and not bending. I totally know where you're coming from, because after the washout I just wanted the infection to be gone. It was all I could think about. There was a script for home pt that said no bending exercises and I told them to not come back, that it was a waste of time until the infection was gone. I just couldn't concentrate on anything but the infection.
After the infection when I started bending again the PTs would measure once in a while, but my OS never asked what the numbers were ( I wanted to kiss him for that) and when I was dismissed from pt I had no idea what my numbers were, still don't. I just focused on what I could do. Deep thoughts are ok, and at this point it's all you can think about.
So good to hear you're getting sleep. It's had to sleep with that brace on.
 
Hi @New England Librarian ! Hope all is well with you..Hope it warms up for you there soon:) My sister said it has been crazy:) That pup is a cutie and he belongs to my son. The red or pink is the left over Christmas color. One of the dogs had green ears and this one had the red hair....LOL. My kids have too much free time.
Things are going OK here, just slowly:) Wonderful to hear from you!
 
Hi @KarriB !The sleep was great!!!!! Even my husband was amazed at how deeply I slept. I can't wait to be able to bend the knee...just like when you are told not to do something and that is all you want to do:) 5 weeks and counting. My energy is slowly coming back, I think I got 6 hours in today. Still felt like I needed a nap after.

You are getting to be a short timer now...how many days until retirement?
 
@PegGar16 and others. Each step in this process is impotant. Right now it is all about the journey and staying focused. Friday I get my PICC line out. I know at one time this seemed like an eternity away. The PT has been extremely helpful at this time. He has worked on upper body strength so I can get around with the walker better. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with the pain and have to exercise a little. Keeping the fluid moving in the leg keeps pain a little more managed for me; especially in my shin and calf. Each day I try not to take anything for granted but show gratitude. Being careful is still a high priority. Hang in there, hugs for you and doggie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
It's some where around 47-49 days. I'll be exact when we start the new (and really last) 9 week grading period. One of my thoughts is that I when its time for my left knee I won't have to worry about school or what a substitute is doing in my classroom.
 
@KarriB. I had to retire about 2 years early from teaching to take care of my husband, and now he's taking care of me! I understand your worries. Hang in there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
I turned my letter in this week and it will go to the school board next week. A student heard from their parent and asked why I was retiring during class. I wasn't ready to have the discussion, but it had to be done. The kids wanted to know what my next job was going to be, after I told them I wouldn't have a job they worried about how I would pay for my house. In the end I told them I was going to stay home and read, read, read! Yes, I teach 7 year olds to read!
 
Oh my gosh....They are so worried about you. That shows what a great teacher you are:) I love to read and brought my sons up reading..I always remember my youngest asking why I liked to read? I told him it was like a movie in my mind and I was the star. He thought that was so funny...but true. I have already begun to get the grandbaby the Dr Seuss books:)
 
My doctor is hoing out of the country for awhile and wants to do my surgery tomorrow. At least I don't have time to worry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Going out of country, I ain't too nervous, right??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom