Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

Oh my goodness @PegGar16! I am so sorry to hear this. You are definitely in my prayers! Your docs will jump on this right away and I hope you start feeling better fast and head home very soon.
 
Well I am still waiting for my room but one of the Ortho PA's came and drew a lot of fluid out of my knee. It wasn't too bad because I still have a lot of numbness in the knee. The fluid had a weird tint to it but no puss.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You were probably exhausted! I'm praying there are answers soon.
 
Thank you everyone! Here is the update. I have surgery tomorrow to take out all the hardware and put in the antibiotic spacer so I will be here for a couple of days. Really hope this solves the problem. Lifetime on antibiotics was mentioned but oh well. As long as it keeps me healthy:)
 
Best wishes for tomorrow. Do let us know how you're getting on.
 
Peggy, I'm am so so sorry! I know you were hoping to avoid this surgery. @RestAssured and I are both on antibiotics, it is doable and I don't worry much at all about the infection returning. I'll be thinking and praying for you.
 
Sorry you have to go through this, glad they caught the infection and you are having surgery ASAP.
 
Good that they got it quickly. I, too, am praying for you.
 
@PegGar16 I am very curious to know about reattaching your tendon. The ortho doctor said my tendon that runs from the quads to the front of knee was smaller than it should be. He has told me to do plenty of a certain exercise to build it up. I am wondering if there is another way to deal with it. He thinks it is the reason why I never had full extension of the right knee before. I do not know, but I am open to any suggestions or new info. Thanks to so many here who keep the courage and continue on this journey. It does have an end, so make the most of the journey! :)
 
Peggy I am so sad to hear this news. You have such a positive attitude and are an inspiration to many of us. Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery. Hope you are soon doing this :walking:
 
Awwww @PegGar16 I am really sorry that you have to go thru surgery again! You have been through so much but at least you got that trip to Vegas with your sister.
Prayers for you that all will go well. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Keep that positive attitude girl!!
 
Sorry you got an infection but glad it's early. Recovering takes patience and humor. You have both! Let us know how it's going when you can.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hello All!! Thank you for all the good wishes. I am waiting on surgery now, they told me it should be around noon. The knee is really swollen and red now.

@old goat I read somewhere that a lot of partial tears are left to heal, immobilization and gradual PT. The total tears or ruptures are surgically corrected.
 
Wishing you the best PegGar16. Hang in there. Prayers are said all will go well.
 
Hi @PegGar16, It's been awhile since I've been on the knee side and thought I'd check in. I'm so sorry to see that things are not going well. It's very upsetting to see these things happen. I am hoping that my infection will be permanently cleared up once they take my spacer out next week. I've been doing as much research on this subject as I can get a hold of and the outcome seems to be different for everyone.

I believe we all must learn from each other once this happens to us. I'll continue to watch your progress and pray you have a positive outcome!:angel:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom