THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tweetybrd
I remember once I had scheduled the appointment, it seemed like it couldn't get here fast enough, but there was also a feeling of relief that it was still in the distant future. Very mixed emotions. :-)

@Sommers16
Thank you so much! Your light is quite bright as well my friend! :cheers:
 
Awww, thank you @chestnc! I really appreciate you checking in on me! I'm doing really well so far. The big test will be next month when I go on vacation. Lots of walking in the sand, so it should be interesting. I've started my packing list and I included my icing items just in case. Praying all is well with you! :-)
 
Thrilled for you that you are going on a vacation! In the past two years, I've only been out of my house for THR (4 nights) and then two nights for sleep studies (which are awful), so I am chomping at the bit for a chance to get away. I'll live vicariously through you! Please give us some reports as you go along. Thanks for your kind words on my thread, and know that I will be so grateful for any emotional support you can spare for me post-op.
 
You know I'll be there for you @Krista! You've become very dear to me! I'll make sure and post photos and a few details, so you will feel like you're on vacation with me. xoxoxo!!!!!
 
@Cynthia777, hey, sweet friend! :wave:
I am SO excited for you going on your vacation! I think bringing the icing aids is a terrific idea. I still ice occasionally and it really does help with blips of discomfort.
I just wanted to let you know that I just got back from vacation and the shiny new hips behaved like true champs! We walked, and walked, and walked. It was so wonderful to be able to go and go and go and not be held back by painful hips. I encounted a few challenging situations I hoped my hips were ready for, and am happy to report that by going slowly and cautiously I was able to overcome them.
I think you're going to have a fantastic time. Sending tons of good thoughts your way and I'm very excited to hear about your adventures! :loveshwr:
 
@DeepBreath
So good to hear from you girlfriend!!!! Thank you so very much for your encouragement! We've been on quite the journey, haven't we? Where did you go to on vacation? Would love to hear all about it! xoxoxo
 
@Hipster Girl
I'll be sharing some photos and will def update on the good, the bad and the ugly of this vacation. :heehee:
This vacation is a family tradition that started 52 years ago, without ever missing a year. It's a quaint motel (nothing fancy), but it's located in a quaint and beautiful town (Del Mar, CA...about 20 miles north of San Diego) and the motel sits right on the sand. The horse races are within walking distance for those who've never had hip issues. The town is a five minute walk, but it is a bit uphill, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle it. Below is a photo of the motel and a photo of the plaza in town (there's a fabulous terrace at the top of the plaza with spectacular views of the ocean. You can sit up there with cocktail in hand and watch the beautiful sunset).
[Bonesmart.org] FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey


[Bonesmart.org] FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey
 
That looks like a wonderful place to visit. I will be looking forward to hearing how your new hips do. Have fun but, remember to give those new hips a rest. Packing icing supplies sounds like a smart idea. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom