THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on Mr Ukelele :goodpost:- I've been out of circulation (still am frankly) - that's me under the pile of Must Dos, chained to my desk and welded to my keyboard. Have you updated your thread (if you'll pardon the expression)? Looks like from the last contact you and me might be Octobering together with our Lefties?
 
Happy 4th of July to my Bonesmart family! :loveshwr:

[Bonesmart.org] FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey
 
Over the past year and a half, a few members (including @Jillie422) have mentioned how the zero gravity chair/lounge has been really comfortable during recovery. We are going on vacation to the beach and I realized getting up from the regular low beach chairs could be a bit of a challenge (not to mention looking like a bafoon upon rising), so I decided to purchase one. Well, I happened to check Walmart out and they have a fantastic deal on them. I purchased a pack of two for $79.99 (1/2 price) and free shipping. I thought I'd post the link just in case anyone might be interested in taking advantage of this pricing. :-)
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Zero-Gra...-Patio-Chairs-Outdoor-Yard-Beach-New/44924709
 
That's a good deal!! Hi Cindy! I wanted to say that I did that stiff walk after sitting or reclining, too. But around 6 months it completely went away,, now I glide effortlessly across the room :rotfl:. Okay, glide is a strong term but hey, I don't resemble Festus Haggen any longer..
 
Hi @Cynthia777 ~ I just bought a Zero Gravity chair yesterday......and thought I got a great deal...marked down from $144 to $79.99.....for ONE!!! The garden center helped me get it into my car....and I was feeling especially good. On that note, I then got it OUT of my car and lumbered it into the house. Not good! Paid a big price!! Ache, ache baby! Restless all night long....very little sleep. When do we ever learn?
 
Well now...look at you! I take a couple of weeks off and now see that you have joined the ranks of the "living life after THR"! I am thrilled beyond words that you are doing so extraordinarily well! Keep it up, my dear friend!
 
Hi Hippies!
Sorry I've been so scarce....Lord knows it's been crazy around Thompson's Place by the River in westernmost NC! We have had non-stop company since 2.5 weeks post op for me. And some of them are STILL here!! It's a good thing I'm a fast healer, or I'm certain I would be in terrific pain since I've had virtually no rest.

Actually, I'm doing very well, and I'm so happy that y'all are getting zero gravity chairs! Wow, what a deal you got @Cynthia777 !! We have fibbed to the latest moochers who are staying in our darling little camper...saying that Hubby's Dr appt in Florida has been moved up a week so we can get outta here a week early!! The beauty, peace and tranquility of our river garden has been breached! Now we must run away to the hellish heat of Florida to make them leave! (Plus take our pain in the butt granddaughter back to mom!). We do plan on making a fun trip out of it with stays in some great places like Silver Springs State Park and Salt Springs National Recreation Area in central Florida. Then we will head up to the Florida panhandle for some camping (with all the modern conveniences of course) right on the shore of the Gulf of Mexico. I'm Totally taking my chair!!!
Hugs and Love....Jill :)
 
Ha ha @Nana757, I guess we all eventually get there at some point. It's a good sign when one doesn't have much to post on their threads other than great buys at Walmart! :heehee:
Remember my annual 50+ year trip to Del Mar? Well, one month to go and we're off! xoxoxo


@Jillie422
Oh my gosh, I bet you are SO ready to give back precious granddaughter and say tootles to all the company! Family and friends are a blessing, but can start become very trying. Time to take care of yourselves and enjoy a little peace and quiet, huh? I can't wait to get my zero gravity chair, leave this 100+ weather and take off for the beach! Enjoy!
 
Hi @Cynthia777 just wanted to pop in and say "hi" and am so happy to hear things are going so well for you, and getting ready to go on vacation too! You'll be feeling even better and stronger in a month and I am just thrilled how much you are going to enjoy your trip with no hip pain this year. What a difference a year makes! :yes:
:wave:@Nana757 nice to "see" you :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How one feels during recovery should really be measured in months rather than weeks
@cynthia

How wonderful to hear you are doing well and looking forward to vacation! It seems so recently that you were in the hospital and we were all praying about your blood work. Amazing how far you've come! Congrats, girl!

I am 8 weeks post surgery this coming up Tuesday and will be physically returning to the office. I've seen a lot of improvement here at the 2 month mark, and I remember your telling me 3 months is even better. I hope so! I'm still walking with the cane but am feeling stronger and more steady.

This really is such an incredible journey we've been on, isn't it?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Sommers16
Yes indeed, this journey has really been quite amazing (so many physical and emotional uppers and downers...a true roller coaster)! The two best parts of my journey have been waking up after my second surgery and knowing it was all behind me and having friends like you who have been such an incredible help and inspiration getting through it all!

You should see more normalcy occurring between the two and three month mark (at least I did with hip one and getting close with hip two).

Are you looking forward to returning to work? With just hitting the two month mark, you may be a bit sore each night (depending on how much walking you need to do).
 
@Cynthia777 - thanks for your encouraging, friendly post (as always).

I am looking forward to full return to work in the sense of what that return signifies: that I have the surgery behind me, that I have experienced significant healing, that I have a job to do and a place to be to support myself and my family. These are all true. I feel grateful and blessed. Sincerely so.

And because we are honest here and among friends, there are some things I am not looking forward to, from the initial awkwardness of re-meeting everyone after being away (which will be short-lived) to the intrinsic stress and time commitment that is
w-o-r-k (which is not short-lived).

You are so right about our journey being a physical and emotional roller coaster.

Physically I am not 100%, but am certainly further down recovery road than before. Some people I know innocently/ignorantly believe my time away from work has been more of a vacation than it has been. As you know, it can be really tough.

And now that I DO feel better, that I CAN drive, that things ARE getting easier, it's work time again, and I have concerns - from the practical about my stamina to the philosophical, like "What am I doing with my life?" Nothing like a hip replacement at 45 to hurl one into a mid-life crisis. Ha Ha

Again, not to sound ungrateful for anything, and not to hijack your thread, but this is where I currently am in the journey, and I'm sharing to see how others have navigated this portion of the process.
 
@Sommers16
Don't you dare think you've hijacked my thread!!!! You are ALWAYS welcome to write as much as you like here (you know how much I enjoy your God given writing abilities)!

I feel it is difficult for someone my age, to completely understand how much more difficult this journey would be for someone your young age. Now I could be wrong, but I feel there is a sense of loss that goes hand in hand with this surgery and I would imagine that loss would be much more exaggerated at your age. I remember when I was first told I would need two THR's and telling hubby I felt something like an amputee would feel, but it was just inside of my body (of course an actual amputation would be much worse). So, yes, this is quite the emotional journey.

I've not had to deal with going back to work and I've often felt bad for those of you who have needed to wrestle with everything that comes along with it. I think you need to start that novel I've been urging you to do, as I'm sure you wouldn't be working for someone else once it was published! :-)

Big hugs my friend! :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom