Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Horseshoe
I found the secret to avoid the withdrawal was to just cut back very slowly. I found cutting one pill in half (from say 3 pills a day down to 2 1/2 pills a day) every three or so days really worked well. I never worried about getting addicted, so I took them as long as I needed them, making sure I got my walking in without being in pain. Hope this helps. :-)
 
@Cynthia777
Just got caught up on your thread. So very happy that you are recovering well. It's amazing how quickly the postop time goes by and things improve. Being able to drive is very freeing. :yahoo: The first time behind the wheel I drove around with my music on loud. :heehee: It was so much fun.
Your recovery will just get better and better!!
Have a good wkend
 
Look at you, behind the wheel again @Cynthia777 ! I truly dread the days I won't be able to get up and go when the mood strikes me. I'm very introverted but I get cabin fever quite easily so I like to get out, even just to the market, pretty much daily.
The thought of you on the little cart in the grocery store giggling away with your daughter really tickled me!
Hope you're doing well today!
 
I'm a real homebody, but boy have I ever been experiencing "cabin fever"! I'm so tired of watching tv that I've taken up coloring! :heehee:
I wish you could have seen me the day I went to the market and zipped around on the electric cart! It was a blast! My daughter and I are still laughing about it.
Thanks for the well wishes my friend! Hugs!
 
Oh....I can see you and your daughter zipping around in that cart. :heehee: I did that with my mom once in a wheel chair at Hobby Lobby. It was so much fun!!
Now coloring isn't a bad thing. That was part of my recovery too!! It's funny because when I look back at some of my 'masterpieces' :heehee: one can tell when I was still on meds as I couldn't stay in the lines very well. :)
Anyway you have a wonderful day today!!
 
Good day @Josephine!
I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind clarifying something for me. I read on another thread where you recommended not swimming in a stream (or it could have been a lake) for approximately four months. Does this hold true for a private swimming pool as well? Thanks!
 
I asked my surgeon if I could swim now and he said yes. But I am going to wait another month. That's just me being super de duper cautious. Looking forward to what others say.
 
Jaycey what time frame before one starts swimming in a private pool?
If you are released by your surgeon this should not be any problem. In most cases it's a matter of making sure the wound is fully healed.

@Arlene56 did your surgeon give you any restrictions on swimming strokes? In the past the breast stroke was a no-no post THR. Not sure if this is just old thinking. In any case, start very slow and build up. Muscles will complain at first.
 
He did not but I didn't ask specifically what strokes were acceptable.
 
@Cynthia777, howdy friend. :) I saw your post on my thread, but I'm too lazy to go look it up at the moment. :heehee:
It sounds like you are doing great and I am so happy that your pain has abated. I think you're wise to take a 'wait and see' approach where PT is concerned. I firmly believe in your body's ability to let you know what it needs and taking the time needed for recovery.
I wanted to share something I noticed on Friday. I went to my husband's place of work and the front entrance is mostly glass. I hadn't watched myself walk in a long time...probably since I stopped going to out patient PT.
I noticed my reflection and made a point of watching my gait. It was amazing to see myself just walking normally...no sign of a limp. I remember posting on the forum about dreaming of that very thing and how far away that seemed pre-surgeries. Now, it is a reality, and I am so grateful. :yes!:
I hope you're enjoying a lovely weekend. :flwrysmile:
 
Cynthia, could be because the pool is chlorinated and the stream/lake is not.

That might have been me asking about going to the beach at the lake. After thinking about it, I'm sure not going to risk infection....who knows about the bacteria count in a lake! Plus I also got to thinking about the risk of dislocation while maneuvering on soft sand this soon. They bring in loads of white sand to make the beach look like a resort with the mountains on the horizon of the lake. Just lovely!

But I'll bet you could get in your own pool CC!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey
    FB_IMG_1465156713529.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 178
@DeepBreath
I got tears of happiness in my eyes reading about seeing yourself walking without a limp. I totally remember when you had wished that so long ago. I'm so happy for you sweet girl!

As far as PT goes, I think in a couple of weeks I'll just go for the assessment and see what he says. Every day I'm seeing improvement and the limp, although there at times, has really improved. I'm walking without a cane now around the house and my pain levels have lessened so much, I would hate to ruin what's going so well by chancing PT. I think you would agree?
 
@Jillie422
It was you. :-) I think you're very smart not going into a lake (especially a lake). I do know lakes can carry bacteria, so it wouldn't be worth taking the chance. I'll be heading off to my annual Del Mar, CA trip in 60 days and I've been praying I'll be able to navigate the sand. It sounds kind of daunting at this point. I wonder if they make canes for sand? If not, maybe I'm on to something? :heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom