Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this about sums up where I'm at in my recovery....
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey
    image.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 209
hahaha! Yep, ton's of lifing to do.. you are in the homestretch! Look at you driving again already. :capn:
 
Thanks @Readysetgo! Now I just need to find places to go to! I just told hubby I want to buy a three wheeled bike so I can cruise around the neighborhood. I'm a bit nervous about riding a two wheeler, as I haven't ridden a bike in years.

@Zelda
Lucky for hubz that I'm not very fond of wine, but a nice margarita might be in store for me soon. Need to get off the pain meds first. Boy did I feel "cool" driving again (kind of like I felt when I first drove at age 16). :heehee:
 
So glad you are coming along in leaps and bounds. So nice to have the prospect of a life isn't it!!!! I am a bit of a homebody but I still like to get out. I agree with @Zelda about not minding not driving. As long as people come to see me I'm good! So happy for you friend!!!
 
Just caught up on your thread, my friend, and I must tell you how happy I am that you are over the hump now and feeling more independent. I remember the first time I drove, post THR, and it was wonderful. I kept thinking..."there's no stopping me now!". I hope the same holds true for you. You mentioned earlier about the correlation between your pain meds and your mood. It's funny that my blues moods were in the early days, while I was still heavily medicated and once I started tapering off, the blues did too.
Happy days are here again!!!!!:cheers2::yes!:
 
I'm with you @dandy_candi, I'm also really a homebody at heart. We typically take a two or three day trip every month to break up the monotony. I've been running our business from home (although I do have an office should we need to meet with clients) and hubz and daughter have been running around handling all the grunt work (I laid off all my employees a few months back). It's worked out well. Getting back to life feels sooo good!

How interesting about the pain med @Nana757! I guess each of our bodies react so differently to different things. Today my daughter made me go to the market with her and I had the greatest time driving one of those motorized carts around! :heehee: I could easily have leaned on a regular cart, but the motorized one was much more enjoyable. I hope you are doing stupendously well! Hugs!
 
Oh @Cynthia777 ... As you can probably guess by my absenteeism from this site, I am doing wonderful. Golfing 2-3 times a week and bowling twice a week. Planning a trip to MI to visit DH's family. May be up there for 2-4 weeks..who knows...they have some wonderful golf courses up there. Life is truly grand now, my friend. You will soon see! Xoxoxo
 
@Cynthia777 - sounds like you're ahead of schedule, or at least making up any time which your pain in the rear end robbed you of. Driving already?? I only got behind the wheel 2 days ago (and felt terribly illegal I have to say after over 6 weeks!) We all only have to look at @Nana757 to see what athletes we will all turn into .. (in my dreams :heehee:) Am so glad you're making such great progress - it is quite wonderful to hear your updates and know that you're doing well and looking ahead to a promising, painfree, liberated future! :yahoo:

I have to say having my wings clipped for so long was hard - I don't think anyone truly appreciates how penned in you feel not being able to jump in the car and zoom off and do whatever you want to do. Just knowing I can do that has lifted my mood enormously. I'll update my thread to this extent shortly. Afraid work has called me away from my BS duties and catchups - oh to be a kept woman!
 
@Cynthia777 - wow, driving again! Congratulations! It's amazing what all we take for granted in our regular lives that is available for us to do without a ton of effort.

I'm still several weeks from driving, but doc says since my left leg was operated on, that will be an advantage (as opposed to it being the right leg).

So is your mystery buttocks pain now all gone?
 
S didn't say I can't drive, but then again he didn't say I could either! :heehee:
I sure hope you've found your files
You little tinker!
And NO (re files) and it is driving me slowly mad ..... my IT Manager is on leave this week and meanwhile I'm scrabbling around trying to make sense of things. I'm also working up to the Big Audit so work calls me away from BS a lot. I must post an update and circular apology to all my gorgeous BS buddies for being so neglectful but I have to prioritise and its hard to play catchup when I log back on again - which makes me feel bad.
Today we're taking all 3 scrumptious grandkids on an outing to a tram museum then this evening were off to a wedding reception. I fear Leftie (who is already given to grumbling loudly) will not cope awfully well but I'll take a crutch and hope that helps take the weight. I refuse to get left out so its my own fault!
 
Thanks @Sommers16! I was so surprised how easy working the pedals were! Yes, the pain in my butt (sounds so funny) has disappeared. I was so tempted to go ahead and start PT, but I'm so glad I didn't, as I have no pain (only very mild discomfort) anywhere. I still have mild incisional tenderness (I really never had what I would call pain with my incisions, but they're under 4" long). I do need to strengthen my leg muscles however and in a few weeks may rethink the PT. I'm very hesitant though because I'm progressing so well without it. Hugs!
 
Your observations about the effects of post op pain meds are interesting. You mentioned elsewhere that post op depression and other symptoms seem to coincide with beginning or ending narcotics. It's helpful to know this in advance, will def use them initially as I'm not that brave :nah:
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom