Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dandy_candi
I can actually push on the spot to produce pain. It now seems more like a surface pain than deep inside. I'm sure it must be from the surgery, as I never had any back problems at all and its easing as the days go by. I'm so happy your day is close at hand! I want to hear your stories of running in the park or doing cartwheels on your lawn. You're far too young to be living in pain! I think I'm almost as excited as you are that you're that your days of pain are soon to be behind you. Hugs!!!
 
Hi @Cynthia777 !! Glad to catch up on your progress!! Please accept my condolences for the loss of your friend. My husband lost a good colleague and friend recently and is still grieving.. it's a tough part of life. sigh..

Hey, I think your sore spot is a hyper irritable muscle spasm on top of a nerve ending... a trigger point.. I will PM you and tell you my theory and how to address it.. just think of all your muscles and tendons/ligaments have gone through.. it's no wonder that you have a few T.P's to deal with!! Of course I can't see or palpate the area :heehee: but it's worth a try, there is no harm in treating it as a T.P.

@dandy_candi your day is almost here!! You will soon be experiencing some relief... it's a pretty amazing process!!
 
@Cynthia777 - longing to hear about your massage. Did it help your sciatica?
Strange because I've been contemplating booking one. I get a couple of knots in my back and think my circulation in general could do with some gentle stimulation. :chillpill:
I assume it's ok to go ahead - and what about the incision site I wonder? As you will have seen it is nicely healed, with some very slight residual bruising and puffiness. Would be great to have your feedback. I do hope you enjoyed yours. Would love one every night - wouldn't that just be heaven? :angel:
 
Glad that it's surgery related and is going away.
Yes I can't wait to be past all this surgery and recovery business and just doing normal things. My ankles are pretty affected by my rheumatoid so probably won't be running or cartwheeling but the one thing I really want to do is get into making pottery so my cartwheeling and running is sitting at a pottery wheel for hors in end and digging around the garden with minimal pain and sitting comfortably. All I ask for is simple things. Wishing you a lovely day. I have just had a lovely 'date night' with my husband and am heading home to take a sleeping tablet and hopefully have a restful nights sleep


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
I must admit to being a bit of a witch too!
Snap @Cynthia777 - one rather bewildered Mr M ... where does this come from? :what::unsure::sad::shrug::umm:
Other than frustration/boredom/cabin fever (or am I just making excuses?) :whistle:
I still say you turn that Walker into a shelf or a planter of some sort.
@gullimac - I suggested Cindy grows beans up it during the summer and at Christmas time festoons it with fairy lights and baubles.
Now.....if only I could fashion some sort of female urinal,
@Nana2-8 - Closest I can offer is .... I bought a SheeWee - always carried it with me on outings whenever I visited the Ladies' Excuse Me. Firstly I would never sit on a public loo seat and secondly my tight muscles wouldn't allow me to bend too far. So I had to turn into a bloke :scary:It will now take up residence in the glove compartment of the car for walking outings in the Derbyshire Dales (when I'm running on all 4 cylinders)
Hey Cindy - hiking around that pool already? Fab news. Just hope your rear pain lessens as the days progress.
 
Thanks girls, appreciate your posts as always!

I haven't had a massage YET, but will be scheduling one very soon. I won't dare let them touch my scars yet, as I don't want to take any chances of them passing on any bacteria there! What will be interesting will be when I ask, "Hello, nice to meet you. Would you mind giving me a deep tissue buttocks massage?" :heehee:

Have a FABULOSO weekend!
 
@Cynthia777 - I am catching up on various posts during this 11th day of post surgery recovery.

Sounds like you've had some ups and downs lately. I am thinking of you and keeping you in prayer.

I think it is so wonderful that with all of life's challenges we have this place to come and share and to be light for one another. Life can be so incredibly hard. Good to know there's still hope and laughter and folks who will virtually hold your hand when you need it.
 
@Sommers16
Awww, thank you for keeping me in prayer (nothing better)!!! You hang in there girlfriend, you should see much better days next week. I often wonder if I'll ever walk like a human again, rather than like a baboon! Every day I remind myself that "this too shall pass). I'm always here for you! Xoxoxo! :friends:
 
What will be interesting will be when I ask, "Hello, nice to meet you. Would you mind giving me a deep tissue buttocks massage?" :heehee:
LOL, Almost spit my cough drop out on that one..:heehee:
Been a rough two weeks, I'm wondering if my teeth are going to survive my allergy/asthma as I'm almost non stop with the Icky Halls cough drops... You would think they could make better tasting cough drops that would work.. :sick:
Glad to hear you are feeling a little better..
 
@Pony
You poor dear! When I was a child, my parents would boil wine and give us that at night for a cough. Not sure if it knocked us out so we didn't realize we were coughing or if it actually helped! :heehee:
 
Hey @Cynthia777 - how are you getting on with hip 2? I saw on another thread that you felt things were getting better and wondered if you'd started your pool walking again?
 
HI @Zelda!
Yes, I'm seeing a lot of improvement suddenly and am feeling very uplifted! I haven't started swimming yet because I'm not sure if my incision is completely healed. I forgot to ask about bathing at my two week check up, but I have an appointment with my OS in two weeks, so I'll ask him then. Thanks for asking!

Btw, have you been getting all your alerts? My alerts don't seem to be working very well.
 
I was told to wait 90 days before getting in our hot tub (not sure how that relates to a regular bath tub, but I take showers most the time, so wasn't that concerned.) I wanted to drain the hot tub and put in fresh clean water before I got back in it. So far, it's been drained, and.... well, it's been drained. One of these days, I'll slow back down and get back out there and clean it. LOL.
 
That's good to know about the 90 days. I'm hiring a new pool man because I've had algae a couple of times with my current pool man. I sure don't want to take a chance of getting into my pool or jacuzzi that may have bacteria or algae in it! Thanks for the info.
 
Suddenly reecovery is coming along in leaps and bounds @DeepBreath...thanks for checking asking! I really believe taking it VERY slow is the key to a good outcome (at least that's what I'm experiencing).
Yesterday, due to necessity (went to a gathering with wine and food of which hubs participated in the wine tasting), I had to drive home. Boy, did it ever feel good to get behind that wheel! I tested slamming on the brakes before we pulled out into traffic and had hubby not been wearing his seatbelt, he would have gone right through the windshield (I guess I should have warned him first)! :heehee: Hope all is well with you sweetie!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom