Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this on another thread, but thought I'd share it here for those of you whose hubbies may think you're Wonder Woman (I wish I could have edited in "during your recovery" in place of "on your birthday"!) :heehee:

[Bonesmart.org] FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey
 
@Cynthia777 – I believe it’s never too late to express happiness and relief for someone. I see your WBC bloodwork came back healthy and normal!:yay: At the same time, sending condolences on the passing of your dear friend of 40 years.:sad: I can feel the void you must be feeling right now. I have a few very close friends from my childhood that are precious to me. If one of them past on, it would be like losing a limb.

How is your sciatic pain coming along? I’ve never had the sciatica but know many people who have. I believe you mentioned that you don't have pain down the back of the leg? I thought this was a criteria for sciatica, but guess not. Hope it does go 'poof'!:wink:

Love your new avatar! I so miss having a kitty!

We now have a family of foxes living under our shed in the backyard!! Five little kits and a Mama! They are so much fun to watch, like little kittens and puppies. We called the animal control but there’s not much anyone can do. We are told they will eventually move on, but until then, our backyard is their playground!:flabber:
 
Thanks @keepmovin, not only did my WBC count come back normal, but the test for pre-leukemia came back negative too! Time to P A R T Y!!!! :cheers:

Yes, I feel as though a physical part of me died. He was such a fun and wonderful friend and will be sorely missed.

You know, I'm not so sure it's actually sciatica. It's progressed to just a small sore spot near my tailbone and does not radiate down the back of the thigh anymore. I swear they dropped me while transferring me from the Hana surgery table into my hospital bed! :heehee:

My new avatar is my little fellow, Milo. He is such a dear cat, but he talks WAY too much (just like his mama)! :catdance:

Foxes! How cool is that? They are such beautiful creatures and I can just imagine what fun you are having watching those little babies romping around! Hugs!
 
Am so glad to hear that your pain has reduced to a 'small spot'. Makes for a more comfortable weekend. Have a great one! Enjoy your beautiful surroundings and great weather.
 
One month update...
I'm amazed at how 10 days can make such a difference with recovery. Although my OS and PCP feel the buttocks pain I experienced was sciatica, I'm not convinced. The pain has REALLY eased up over the past week, but I still have one small spot right next to the tailbone that is tender to the touch. No more pain radiating down the back of my thigh. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the SI joint (I think that's what it's called)?

I've ditched the walker, but I still use my cane because of a mild limp (it's getting less pronounced each day). Today was the first day I did my laps around our pool with just the cane and it felt fine.

I've also started cutting back on my pain meds. I have a theory about the post-op blues. I think I've noticed most of us experience it around the two to three week period. I also noticed (with both hips) there seems to be a correlation between the blues and cutting back on my meds. In fact, today I decided not to skip a dose and sure enough, my mood was much better (unlike the past couple of days where I felt kind of low). So I'm thinking since most of us start cutting back on our meds around the same time, maybe part of the blues is due to decreasing the meds? Just a thought.

I have noticed that both of my leg muscles are weak, but I guess it will improve with time. I still get mild aches here and there, but nothing to write home about. I can sleep comfortably on either side, but I still wake up a couple of times a night to hit the bathroom.

So there ya have it in a nutshell! Hugs to all of my bonesmart family!:friends:
 
Glad to hear you are feeling better, and that you have ditched your walker! That's fantastic! I know how long you have been using the darned thing. I am thrilled that you can sleep on both sides. I still have trouble with the surgical side after all these months. I found that decreasing my opioid pain meds definitely had an affect on my mood, but for me it was more that it made me cranky and irritable. Decreasing those pain meds can be problematic, as we become physically dependent on them after a week or two, no getting around that, and when we decrease them there are side-effects.

I googled the sacroiliac joint, and it is not next to the tail bone. They are above it somewhat, so your pain must be something else. Wish you knew what it was! I hate being in the dark about things like that.
 
Well, @Krista, I must admit to being a bit of a witch too! Poor hubby and he's so understanding! Shame on me!

Actually my current pain is up higher than the tailbone (sorry I didn't explain it correctly). In fact, when I looked at a photo of where the tailbone is located, I was surprised to see it is located several inches lower than where my spot of pain located. This morning it doesn't hurt at all, so hopefully it's gone for good.

I am somewhat saddened to see my walker go, as the apron attached to it was quite convenient when carrying my iPad, iPhone and cup of coffee. :heehee:

Thanks so much my friend! Hugs!
 
@Cynthia777, it's music to my ears that your 'rear' pain is lessening! I know that has to be a blessed feeling.
It sounds like you are doing just fantastically. I am so impressed with your being able to sit 'criss-cross apple sauce' and sleep on either side. You truly are a champ! :)
Big Hugs and best wishes for a beautiful Memorial Day weekend. :flwrysmile:
 
I am somewhat saddened to see my walker go, as the apron attached to it was quite convenient when carrying my iPad, iPhone and cup of coffee. :heehee:
Does the apron not go with your normal outfits? I bet there's some fashion designer out there who would just love to design an all-purpose, hippie utility apron.
:)
 
I have to laugh at your comment @Zelda! Putting an apron around my waist is akin to seeing the Jack in the Beanstalk giant wearing Cinderella's slipper! Somehow they just don't go hand in hand! :rofsign:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness....you guys are funny! When I first started reading on this forum, I made notes of everything I thought I might need....plus talking with my neighbor who had just had THR. She offered me her walker tray (I've declined) but I saw your 'walker apron' @Cynthia777 and immediately dug out my cobbler-style apron with three sizeable pockets. Big enough to carry my phone, a tall covered styrofoam cup of ice, plus a can of soda! Maybe even my ipad (not sure). Now.....if only I could fashion some sort of female urinal, I would never have to move! But...I guess that would be frowned upon due to lack of exercise!

So glad to hear that you are down to just using a cane. And all your progress. BUT.....you know what that means don't you? You're not too far from giving up your "Lady Lair" - the hospital bed, the big screen TV, etc. etc. For now, you're hanging on to that 'frequent potty' excuse.....time will tell! ~ ~ Have a great weekend! xxoo
 
So glad to see you are feeling good and that your buttocks pain has decreased. I said it felt like my tailbone when I first had the pain too, and came to the same conclusion to find out your tailbone is a lot lower.
I had not known about the joint until I had pain there and being part of your pelvis it's likely to be impacted by thr. Mine is very sore at the moment. It feels better in that area when I bring my knees up towards my chest, but my hips don't like that so I'm in a catch 22 at the moment. Looking forward to these pain pills they give me for thr to help with some of these other pains I've been having lately too. Two birds one stone!


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom