Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bless you @Nana757! How very sad about your young coworker! My husband and I often remark how blessed we've been to have lived as long as we have. We especially feel thankful when seeing young children fighting cancer or hear of the young passing as in the case of you're coworker. Good to see you my friend! Miss ya!
 
@Cynthia777- I was wondering today how that sciatic pain was going for you. I was going to post a reminder of how I had that kind of pain on walking soon after hip#2 was done and it made me very nervous. The PT at hospital assured me it would fade and sure enough it did. And once it went, it never returned! So I was happy to see it was better for you now! Yay! :yay:Hopefully it'll never come back. Just one of those random phantom post surgery pains....... :shrug:
 
@Readysetgo
That's exactly what's happening! It's been fading more each day. Interesting that my OS acted like he had never heard of such a thing and yet your PT was quite familiar with it. Thanks for sharing your experience again, as I had forgotten that you had it too. Very reassuring!
 
So sorry to hear of your loss Cynthia. Hoping the rest time you have has given you the time to remember the good times you had with your friend.

Glad the sciatic pain has gone! My hubby has it and it's horrible when he gets it really bad. I've not had it before but he takes steroids and anti inflammatories as he has a bulging disc that flares up sometimes so that causes the pain in him. Hoping it was some temporary inflammation and is all gone now!

Hope you have a lovely day. It's my 3rd last day at work today and then the days before surgery will sneak up on me and I will have to find ways to keep myself busy!


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
OH boy, can I feel for your hubby @dandy_candi! Such a darn shame, as it is quite crippling! I can't imagine having to live with that kind of pain. Fortunately I had the pain meds to get me through. I was so relieved to read @Readysetgo had experienced the same thing after hip #2! My suspicions were that it was temporary because it happened immediately after surgery. I'm praying that this is the case.

I'm so happy you're time is drawing near! You're just a youngun and need more than anything to have a pain free life ahead of you. These surgeries are going to be such a blessing for you. I'm going to be watching you very closely dear one (not to mention I'm keeping you in prayer as well)! Xoxoxo
 
@Cynthia777, Hi Friend! I just wanted to pop in and give you a cyber hug and say how happy I am that your sciatic pain is getting better. Yaaay!
Sending good thoughts your way. I hope this week is full of sunshine, healing, and happiness. *Hugs* :flwrysmile:
 
@Cynthia777 , a little late but:
Hoooray on your WBC count! That is wonderful! It seems like living with pre leukemia syndrome would be like waiting for the anvil to drop!:flwrysmile:
And, condolences on the loss of your friend. That is never easy. I hope you were able to manage the funeral all right, crutches and less energy and all.
 
@Cynthia777
Just getting caught up on your thread. So sorry about your seat friend. I'm sure it has been very difficult for you. It's always hard loosing someone.
On a positive note, glad your sciatic pain is diminishing. I experience that as well. It's uncomfortable.
Happy your recovery is going well. Keep up the good work!!
 
Thanks @dinsmaum! I'm with you, I can't imagine having to have lived with that cloud hanging over my head! As far as managing the crutches, ummm, I can't even put into words how ridiculously uncoordinated I looked walking with them! I found out later (at home) that one crutch is much more manageable for me. :-)
 
Thank you @Arlene56! It sounds as though the sciatic pain is fairly common post-op. I still can't figure out why my OS acted so bewildered when I mentioned it to him. Oh well, just praying it doesn't come back when I stop the anti inflammatories. Hope you're doing well!
 
Hi Cynthia, I don't get over to this side often but like to read the recoveries. I'm glad the sciatic pain is getting better, ouch. I see your nice comments on other people's threads and wanted to wish you well too :)
 
Just wanted to pop in and say hi @Cynthia777, you have really been through the ringer lately and handle it all with such grace. Glad to hear the walking pain is improving. It will be a thing of the past before too long. :)
 
Glad you are able to look at things so positively! Honestly we just have to do that or life can just seem so tough. I keep trying to follow the one day at a time advise, keep looking at all the positive changes and reflecting on the sad ones, but letting those go and trying to move on.


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
@jomarie58

I find it so much easier to focus on the positive, otherwise I'd drive myself crazy because I'm such a worrier! It's taken many years of running a business with problems left and right to be able to control my mind. I only worry when I can fix a problem, otherwise I shove it into the dark regions of my mind! :heehee:

Sending you prayers for tomorrow and looking forward to your first post. Hugs!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom