THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @cynthia! :) Your updates sound wonderful! I'm sorry you have the sciatic thing going on. I will be winging healing thoughts your way that it does go *Poof*.
I can understand your wanting to use crutches instead of a cane or walker for the funeral.
I heartily agree with Pumpkin about learning to use crutches so you keep the pressure off your arm pits. That can become very uncomfortable fast. I had to learn that method during my first recovery. It's not hard, just takes some practice.
You are in my prayers every day and I check in on your progress. Big Hugs! :roseshwr:
 
I have some wonderful news to share. If you've been following my thread, you will know I've been fighting a high WBC count for the past 1 and 1/2 years. While in the hospital for my THR, my PCP had become very concerned that I may have something more serious going on (a syndrome that can be a precursor to leukemia), so he ran a blood test for it (it takes two weeks to get the results). So I go in yesterday, fully expecting to get my results, BUT THE LAB LOST THEM! Needless to say I was not a happy camper! The lab reran the test and at the same time did another CBC. I just received a call from his nurse and for the first time in a year and a half, my WBC count is NORMAL! He is now almost certain that I DO NOT have the pre-leukemia syndrome! Hallelujah! I am so relieved (it's been quite a burden to carry)!!!!!! :happydance:
 
That is terrific news! I figured there were some worries in regards to a leukemia or something else dastardly that was being tested for and yee haw! You are okay!! I am wondering if the poor condition of your hips played a factor in that WBC?
Congratulations!! But be careful doing the Happy Dance! :heehee: :loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww....come on.....get out those crutches and let's all do the Happy Dance! You...over there...circle that walker! And, you....clinch those cheeks! Hey, hey.....you, yes, YOU....the laying down....you can clap-clap-clap! Everybody now.....let's PARTY!!! ~ Okay, C.....you can sit down now....Indian Style please! HOORAY! xxoo
 
Thanks @gullimac! :)

@CricketHip
We are on the same page! I had a suspicion that the high WBC count was due to inflammation when I tore my labrum back in December of 2014. The first elevated WBC count occurred immediately after the injury occurred (I know the exact moment it happened). The Labral tear was located in the hip I just had replaced, so that's further evidence that this was very likely the cause. :loveshwr:

@Arlene56 and @Krista
This was a HUGE burden hanging over me. I hadn't even shared it with friends or family (I didn't want to worry them for naught). I had a heavy heart and had difficulty finding joy in anything. As if recovery wasn't enough to worry about! Yikes! Thank you both! :flwrysmile:

@jomarie58
Oh yes, my friend, I feel like I lost 100 pounds! :happydance:

I'm going to get down and boogie! :egypdance:
 
Oh @Cynthia777, I am SO happy to hear this news! I have been praying so hard that your WBC count concerns would prove to be short lived and manageable. I'm joining in on the Happy Dance line up!
:happydance::yes!::yay:
Big HUGS! I hope you have a deep and restful sleep tonight with that big concern off your shoulders! :flwrysmile:
 
That is such good news @Cynthia777
Must have been a stressful time- I have had a few suspect lumps in the last few years and it's such a horrible time waiting. So glad you got the all-clear and can get back to your happy joyful self!
I have10 days to go now. It's rushing by quickly but I can't wait!



Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Yes @dandy_candi, the waiting is quite nerve wracking, but it sure puts these THR's in perspective. Not long for you now lass (I used "lass" for all my UK buddies). I'll be following you closely and cheering you on. You have your youth on your side and hopefully this will help you breeze through both your surgeries. Xoxo :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom