THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wonderful to hear! Enjoy that shower, it will be blissful. Hope the butt pain keeps getting better. And give that sweet kitty some gentle petting from me. I love that he enjoys being draped around your neck! Good idea to keep on using the walker inside, so he doesn't get hurt. Or so that you don't get hurt! You have come far in two weeks!
 
@Cynthia777
Glad you are doing well minus the butt pain. Your name for your Dr cracks me up!! Lol. I feel like shaking him and say "excuse me...plz answer my questions." Lol.
As far as PT goes, you can get a list of hip recovery exercises on Google. I've only done a few wks of PT and it was the same ole' same ole' exercises. So I just do the exercises at home. I think PT was good for me for my mental state and confidence in what I could actually do physically without fear.
Have a good evening and continue to heal!!
 
Thanks @Arlene56! I can see how PT could aid ones confidence, especially if one is feeling insecure. I must say one positive thing about my OS, he really is very reassuring when it comes to recovery. I'm afraid to say it, but I'll say it anyway, I've had no fear whatsoever about having post-op complications (such as dislocation etc.) due to his confident reassurances. Hope all is well with you. Going to get caught up on your thread here shortly. :-)
 
@Cynthia777, I do love my animals! I feed the wild squirrels and rabbits in my yard all winter. My husband gets jealous at their delicious-looking plates of food. Skunks and opossum come and feed there, too. And we have 3 birdfeeders and a suet feeder that we keep stocked all year long.
 
Fingerprints and other bruising fading fast thankfully! :)
@Cynthia777 - oh no! I needed that as Exhibit A for my cross- examination. Now I'll have to send in SOCO (don't know what you call them over there... It's Scenes Of Crime Officers here) and possibly get DNA samples to find out who dropped you. :holysheep:
Dr Smiley Shrug could do with a few bedside manner lessons - I do wish some of them could take on-board the fact that when we raise a query what we're actually looking for is a little enlightenment. :shrug::shrug::shrug:
And yes - Fantastic that you've got all of this behind you now - gunning for your continued zipwire recovery! :spin:
 
@Nana2-8
I still have the butt pain (located near the tail bone)
]

I have found that butt pain near the tailbone is from the Sacroiliac joints on me- does it feel like muscle pain or joint pain? This may be due to the change in posture from your THR- I am expecting pain in this joint as they are already inflamed.

Hope it settles down soon


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Several times a day, it will suddenly occur to me that both of my THR's are behind me, and I smile. I am so thankful that we have the technology today that has allowed all of us here on BS the ability to live a full and pain-free life again. Feeling blessed. :)
Amen to that! We are blessed indeed. :yes: :flwrysmile:
 
@Miss Muffet....You're a ray of sunshine on a dark and dreary day! Gosh I just love ya! :roseshwr:

@dandy_candi...I think it feels more like deep muscle pain, but I can't be certain. The pain only occurs upon walking, so maybe it is joint pain. If I touch my tailbone and move about 3 or 4 inches to the right, that's where the pain is. Is this where the sacroiliac joints are located?

@Hipster Girl...Amen and amen! :-)
 
@Miss Muffet
Here's a pic of my incision, but I had to hide the fingerprint bruises, as Bonesmart has a policy against posting porn pics! :heehee:

I've included my hand in the photo to get a better perspective on the size of the incision. This incision is about an inch longer than my first THR incision.

Here ya go...

[Bonesmart.org] FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm......I see, with all that sittin' around time, 'someone' hasn't found the notion to slap any nail polish on!!!

One the other hand....that incision looks a little bit more than 'tender'....almost 'angry' (but what do I know?) And, BTW, who took that pic?
 
@cynthia, the pain I have from the torn gluteal tendon/muscle usually only hurts when I am upright, standing or walking, rarely when I am sitting down. So it still could be deep muscle pain that you are having. And, I agree with Nana, that incision doesn't look too good, to my untrained eyes, anyway!
 
@Krista
I sure hope mine isn't torn...yikes! :yikes:
I think the incision looks ugly because they just took the stitches out yesterday. My OS said it looked so good that I didn't need any steri-strips put on it. So, I guess it looks worse than it really is (fingers crossed)!
 
@Cynthia777, it seems to me that most muscle injury involves tears, but there is a huge spectrum from teeny-tiny to torn all the way in half. Any size tear can hurt, so if you do have one, it may be fairly small and will heal just fine on its own. Relieved to hear that the OS thought the incision looks good!
 
Over the past two days I have seen improvement with the buttocks pain (sorry @CricketHip, as I assessed the exact location of the "butt" pain, I realized it's closer tho the upper center of the buttocks...I still think of Forrest Gump and smile when saying "buttocks" :snork:). I am still limping, but I'm hoping this is due to the post-op discomfort rather than an actual LLD...time will tell.

I am laughing, you are funny with your poor sore butt!! Actually is sounding like a tight piriformis, which is very understandable so soon after surgery. I still get funny pings and stiffness occasionally.
And yes, you are indeed over the worry and pre op stress with BOTH of your hips! Isn't that amazing??
I don't think a day goes by that I don't smile to myself while walking or working and think of how far I've come in 7 months. G.R.A.T.E.F.U.L!
I hope you have had a good recovery day, you are still fresh off of that surgery table!!

Are you watching any good movies or shows?
**edited to add** I think your incision looks good.. and your hand. :heehee:
 
Thanks for the info on the torn muscles @Krista. :-)

@CricketHip
Amazing indeed! It's so nice to be free of that pre-op worry and knowing its forward from here. I've noticed a definite improvement with the pain in the butt. Strange how out of nowhere things start looking up. I feel stronger each day and can now tell, two weeks post-op, that it's just a matter of time before I'm fully operational. :-)

I haven't watched any movies as of late, but I did just record "The French Connection" which I haven't seen in years. I remember it being one of the better movies from the 1970's. I've actually become a Fox News junkie and in-between I throw in my much loved true crime programs.

I tried to delete my picture and edit out part of my hand, but the site won't delete the pic for some reason.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom