THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay @Cynthia777 I'm keeping GO SURGERY thoughts heading in your direction. The waiting for surgery was a huge weight to carry. I wanted it over and I didn't want to do it all at the same time. Now I just focus on healing and becoming stronger. It's a great feeling. Yes with the plucking of eyebrows. I remember the first few white eyebrow hairs and I plucked them out. Now I see more and I'm worried I will have bare spots in my eyebrows. I have never had to use eyebrow pencil before but I may just end up penciling brown ones on. I've decided not to wait for Heaven's doors, plus from all I've read Heaven is controlled by a bunch of men with long beards, so what do they know anyway. I found great humor from a female aging view from Nora Ephron's book I Feel Bad About My Neck. I've since given it to all my "girlie" friends when they cross whatever age they consider makes them "old". When I went through menopause I didn't have hot flashes, I had power surges. Now, “Face it girls. I'm older and I have more insurance.” Towanda! --julie (who remains, ageless)
 
@SweetPea69 , its in WV... I'm just falling in Love with the little thing LOL, She's already proving to be a character ...
 
[Bonesmart.org] FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey Glad you have the 'all clear' for surgery!
I may not post much, but I love following your remarkable and candid recovery.
I am hoping your second surgery goes as smoothly (except the WBC issue) as the first!
 
Words cannot express how much each and every one you mean to me! I am humbled and so grateful!!! You all are such wonderful, wonderful friends, I mean family, yes family! I literally had tears in my eyes while reading each of your comments. I want to jump through this iPad and give each of you the biggest and tightest hug you've ever received!!!! :friends::friends::friends::friends::friends::friends::friends:...there ya go, one for each of you! :loveshwr:
 
One more OS appointment on Monday and away I go on Tuesday morning. This appointment is just a $400 formality because my OS requires his patients to have surgery within 3 weeks of their office appointment and since I rescheduled, I now have to see him again (he really is an, well, I can't say it because it isn't nice, but he's VERY talented and experienced skill wise). It irritates me to no end because all I'm going to do is say hello and he will say hello back and then I'm out of there. Isn't that nuts?
 
@Cynthia777
Yes it is nuts but it is one of the hoops we jump through. I did basically the same type of pre-op with my OS but they don't give us much choice. They call the shots there.

I'm so excited all is clear now for you!!!:flwrysmile::yes!:
SweetPea69​
 
Yes @SweetPea69, they most defiantly do call the shots! The only bad thing about seeing him again (I just saw him about a month or so ago) is the fact that he is not in my insurance network, so that's $400 out of pocket oh well, looking at the positive...he's a fabulous surgeon. Because I did so well in the hospital, walking like a madwoman, the nurses would say, "You must be an Antebi hip" (my OS's name is Alon Antebi. :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom