Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending good vibes from Aus.
You got this!!!


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
@Cynthia777, Woo-Hoo about the clearance! :yes!: Okay, so now the focus of my prayers for you now switches to a fabulous second surgery and recovery. Big *HUGS*, Friend. You're going to rock this. :)
Echoing this sentiment exactly... Soon you'll be up and dancing on that new hip....
 
Whew! Finally found you! I didn't read all 50 pages, so missed what time your surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. Need to know so that the hand-holding prayers are with you. Is this one crazy spot, or what, that we are all SO excited about the anticipated surgery???? It's seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. ~ Will await your updates.
 
@Cynthia777 Well here you are on the threshold of your new adventure! Am looking forward to hearing all about it! Praying for your successful surgery and super speedy recovery :) :yes!:

Called my OS today. They said I can use the few Tylenol3 that I have left and that they'll give me a script for something at my final pre op visit. This means SLEEP for me tonight!! :sleep:
 
Wow, you all are so awesome!!! Quite the send off I must say (with smiling eyes)!
Today has been harrowing to say the least! I arrived at my OS appointment and after having seen the OS, I went in to verify my arrival time of 8:00 a.m. Tomorrow. Well, with sheepish eyes, she proceeded to tell me Blue Shield just started a new approval procedure and she had not received my approval yet...WHAT? I almost passed out right then and there! She said she will contact them and "let me know". As you all can imagine, I left there more anxiety filled than when I arrived. I promptly called Blue Shield upon arriving home and was pleasantly told that my OS had not requested my approval until April 20th and it takes five working days! I pleaded, prodded, demanded and asked for a manager, all to no avail! I called my OS's scheduler back and ranted with her and asked why she had waited so long to request the approval. To make a long story short, she said she was going to tell Blue Shield a little white lie and fax over an URGENT request. I just now (2:30 p.m. PST) received a call from the scheduler and I'm a go for tomorrow (actual surgery will take place at 10:00 a.m.).
This pre-op wait has been such a roller coaster between the high WBC count, bronchitis and today the insurance dilemma. I sure pray my surgery and recovery won't be such a roller coaster. Off to pack my hospital bag. Hugs and xo's to all of you! :loveshwr:
 
@Cynthia777 - That was a close one! Whoah! Talk about stressful. I'm glad you're back on track and on for tomorrow, but so sorry you had to rant your way out of that. Not what you want to be doing the day before surgery.

Xoxo's back to you my friend! Here's to smooth sailing from now on for you! :egypdance:
 
Thanks @Readysetgo, it was a close one today and you're right, one I really didn't need! My nerves are quite frayed.

@Nana2-8
Crackers and chap stick packed. Last hip I took a suitcase and this trip I have a small canvas bag! The hospital had told me to pack a nightgown, a robe, toiletries and slippers. Well, they stuck my suitcase in a closet I couldn't get to, supplied booties and toiletries and never let me put my nightgown or robe on (kept me in a hospital gown and used a second one as a robe). I probably packed enough to take a two week cruise last time! Live and learn. Lol!
 
@Cynthia777, how horrible that must have been! Why on earth would the scheduler wait so long to verify with BC is beyond me. SO INCREDIBLY GLAD that it all worked out! My heart was beating so hard while reading your story! Big deep breaths, soothing music, pleasant dreams, aromatherapy, whatever will help you have a calm night!
 
Funny about your bag packed so well for first hip! I brought a carry-on last time and had all kinds of things in it that I never used. I ended up just wearing a hospital gown while there. I LOVE the idea of using another one as a robe, and I will be using that idea! I never even brushed my teeth or washed my face while I was there, I was in such bad shape, but they will supply these items for me if needed. This time I will make sure I have my phone, plug-in and mobile chargers, hair brush, glasses case, underwear and a neck pillow. I just got two different ones and I think they will be helpful as I have to sleep sitting up. I'll be thinking of you tonight and tomorrow.
 
@Cynthia777 will be thinking of you tomorrow, knowing that everything will go fine for you because it just couldn't go any other way :flwrysmile:. Can't wait to hear your next instalment, much love coming your way :loveshwr:
 
Awwwww You Go Girl @Cynthia777 -- Just checking on you. The biggest problem with the second hip is .... You've Got This and it's hard to stay down. Sending lots of healing energy toward California tomorrow at noon central time. You'll feel it. Have fun! Enjoy the attention. Here's looking at you, Kid! :ok:
:sneaker: --julie (In Tennessee where everyone has one leg shorter than the other from walking on the hills)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom