THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Simplieme
Lol! You're so funny! My scab is at the bottom of my incision. Since I had the anterior approach, it's right in front, so I can see it very clearly....unfortunately! I would have thought by now it would have completely healed like the rest of my incision (which is a very faint line).
 
@Cynthia777 glad you told me ! I had been considering these last few days, that when I have to have my other hip done I should go anterior so I could sit down easier. It never occurred to me I'd have to look at it!

Maybe at the bottom is where it drained. ???
 
@Cynthia777 i have given this A LOT of thought.......and I am starting to think this is a head game you are running to make me underestimate you for our contest that begins on April 26th. I have not been fooled by this minor blip on my the recovery front however. NICE TRY though. :tennis2:
 
@Squirrellymom
If you look at the three black boxes at the bottom of your post, you'll see "upload a file". Click on that and hopefully your photos will pop up and you can tap that picture and then you'll be prompted what to do next. However, I use an iPad, so I'm not sure if it works the same way on a different device. Good luck! :-)
 
With the anterior approach, the incision is much smaller from what I've read. It may be called a minimally invasive direct anterior approach, but I can't be certain, as my OS didn't say anything except anterior approach. I asked him three times if I have ANY restrictions and he answered with an emphatic "NO!"
I would imagine if nothing else, the small incision helps with a less painful recovery.
 
With the anterior approach, the incision is much smaller from what I've read.
Not necessarily. I had posterior LTHR and lateral RTHR. Both incisions are about 3 inches long. A lot of it depends on the surgeon's experience and your own medical situation.
I asked him three times if I have ANY restrictions and he answered with an emphatic "NO!"
These days restrictions are also very surgeon dependent. Had restrictions after LTHR but like you I asked post RTHR (several times) and had no restrictions except "if it hurts don't do it".
 
It seems as though most of the incision photos posted are quite long. I've not read of posterior incisions being only 3 inches long! You are very lucky @Jaycey and obviously had a very experienced surgeon! How awesome! :-)
 
It may have been experience. But I know the surgeon had no problems accessing my hip joint as it had collapsed. Said the acetabulum looked like swiss cheese! :eeeuw:
 
That's actually very interesting @Jaycey! My hips are collapsed as well and maybe that's why my scar is so small? I'm going to measure it today, but I swear it looks like it's under 4". Now I have to hunt for my measuring tape! :-)
 
The med clinic that I went to told me that peroxide was not good to use on a wound as it would tend to keep it open and not allow it to heal quickly.
Exactly so!
I have been known to put it on a cotton ball and rub it on my teeth to try to whiten them
OOOH BAD @Squirrellymom! Oddly enough, I was watching a report in a news programme just last night about the dangers of some DIY tooth whitening kits. During it the dentist explained that H202 will actually take a layer off the dentine which is extremely dangerous as it doesn't repair itself. His advice was to NEVER use it on your teeth!
I never woke up with any drains in my incision, but maybe they placed a drain there during surgery possibly.
If they put a drain in a wound it would be there for 24-48 hrs!
It seems as though most of the incision photos posted are quite long.
It all depends upon your interpretation of 'long'! :snork:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom