Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well dear BS family, tomorrow I will be having my PET Scan, so any and all prayers are greatly appreciated. As long as I can get past this blip, it will be clear sailing to my THR next month. :prayer:

I had a funny thought earlier today....I'm really going to miss Bridge-it (my walkers nickname :heehee:) once I don't need her anymore! All kidding aside, I'm going to find it very strange to walk without holding onto something. For almost a year now, I've used either a cane or Bridge-it while walking and can't even imagine what it will be like to walk "normal" again. I'm anticipating a slight confidence issue for awhile and feeling, well, kind of naked without the old gal! :snork:
 
@jomarie58
The end of May will be here before you know it Lass (thought I throw that in for my "across the pond" family). :heehee:
I'm sure you're like me and just want to get this journey behind us, huh? So you actually have the date set? Don't forget to update your signature, so we can keep you in thought and prayer. :-)
 
Best of luck tomorrow @Cynthia777. You will be in my thoughts.

How about turning Bridge-it into a shelf or table. Seems wrong to just put the old gal out to pasture. She has one last important task to get you passed first though.

That walk without assistance will be here before you know it!
 
@Cynthia777 - I haven't been around lately and just catching up. I go in Tuesday and there's so much to do! Just wanted to wish you luck tomorrow on your Pet Scan and everything goes your way. I think you are due for some smooth sailing until surgery in April.

Had to laugh at naming your walker!! Too funny!:snork: I still refer to my walker and crutches by their given names..'walker' and 'crutches'! I can't take a step without them and worry if I can make it 'on my own' after surgery. We'll we will soon see!

Prayers for tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll be on here tomorrow but will try to check in.:flwrysmile:
 
Best of luck with your PET scan tomorrow @Cynthia777. Hope all goes well, and that your next THR goes as planned. The waiting is very difficult, I know. I'll be thinking about you!

I have been using aids continuously for over a year, as I hurt my knee 13 months ago and then had my THR, and using a rollator and crutches have become my natural way of life. If I ever get repairs done that will let me walk unaided, I won't know how to act. I'm sure that, like you, I'll feel very vulnerable without it!
 
@gullimac...I must say, you always brighten up my day! You have such a keen sense of humor and I for one, really appreciate it! :heehee:

@keepmovin...Thank you so much for your prayers and know you are in mine for Tuesday. Will be waiting for your update. Hang in there, this too shall pass. :friends:

@Miss Muffet...hugs, hugs, hugs! :loveshwr:

@Krista...the mobility aids kind of feel like they've become part of who I am. I visualize walking without them and it seems so foreign to me. We will get to the finish line sooner or later. Patience and faith are the words of the day for me. :-)
 
Sending up prayers for you @Cynthia777 for all to go well tomorrow with your PET Scan :praying: I'm looking forward to logging on tomorrow night and reading your good report. :friends:

That is too funny that you named your walker! @gullimac has a good idea about recycling Bridge-it into a shelf or table. I wouldn't have a clue how to do that but it sounds good anyway. I know she's gone through the last year with you but believe me, when it's time, I think you'll gladly kick Bridge-it to the curb with your newfound walking independence. Just sayin'... :walking:
 
@Cynthia777 - I'm sending tons of good thoughts your way for today's test. And I hope you get the results as soon as possible without waiting too long!

So sweet to name your walker Bridge-it. She's been a loyal friend indeed but Independence Day will come eventually for you. It may take some diligence but I know you'll get there. And it's going to feel great!

As Deep said, we're all there for you. Friends. Envision that while you get that test done. :friends:
 
Checking in on you, wondering if you've had your Pet test... Praying everything turns out fine..

Had to laugh at naming your walker!! Too funny!:snork: I still refer to my walker and crutches by their given names..'walker' and 'crutches'! I can't take a step without them and worry if I can make it 'on my own' after surgery. We'll we will soon see!

I actually have a friend who named his horse "horse" LOL...
We've actually teased him about being the "guy" who rode his horse across the desert and didn't name it LOL..
I'm sure you remember the song "Horse with no name" LOL... :wink:
 
ll all of you enough, how much your prayers and well wishes have meant to me. All of your words of encouragement have been especially important for me, as I haven't told any of my family members what type of test I had this morning. So it's my bonesmart family who have been at my side (in spirit) through this difficult time. I love all of you!!!!

On a lighter note, this was me this morning.....
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey
    image.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 215
Cynthia777-- just checking on you. In the couple of weeks I've been on BS you have provided help, laughter, encouragement & inspiration to me. Sending best wishes your way.!
SweetPea69
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom