Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @Arlene56, you're not far behind me. The time goes fast after about three weeks when you're feeling much better.

@DeepBreath
Believe it or not, one of my biggest concerns was that I wouldn't be able to sit Indian style. I have always found sitting this way to be soothing to my lower back, so fortunately that's how I always sat. Yes! That LLD is terrible and puts so much stress on my back. Hey you, talk about inspirational...get that mirror out! Hugs friend!!!
 
@Cynthia777 - So April 26th it is now, huh? Are you grateful for a little more time rather than that first date you were given?

Such a great update! Sitting Indian style - wow! I would like to be able to do that again safely. Glad it feels comfortable to you. I'm sure the LLD will work itself out with the next surgery. You've made good natural progress with no bruising, swelling or pain. That is excellent! I look forward to hearing about your second hip journey. :) I'm waiting for you here on the other side of double hipsterdom! :wave:
 
@Readysetgo
The only word that sums up your question is....PHEW! :heehee: Heck yes I'm happy...gives me a little more time to wrap my head around it, fret and stew! :snork:

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! I feel so blessed that the first one went well, with little problems at all. Kind of scares me that I may not be so lucky the second time around. However, I'm going to stand on these words, "All will be well and my second THR will be as easy as my first one (it would be such a shame to only be able to sit half Indian style)"! :heehee:
 
There have been studies done that positive thinking makes a HUGE difference in recovery. Both before the surgery and after. So keep up with the good thoughts @Cynthia777!
 
@Cynthia777

Yay for your new surgery date!! I'm so happy for you to have your 2nd THR. You sound like you're doing really well and you have an amazingly wonderful attitude. It helps me too:). I'm so surprised that you could tie your shoes at the end of the first week. I still need my husband to help me. I'm not sure if I could because I'm afraid to try since I was told not to bend 90 degrees. I'll be thinking of you that all goes well on your dr. appt on the 29th. Is that the same day as your pet scan?
 
@Rutabaga...that's very interesting! Maybe my comical personality helped get me through this journey a bit easier. I teased the nurses relentlessly and was told they loved coming into my room because the "vibes" were so good. I've always been a person who, no matter how bad I may feel inside, I'm able to turn it to humor on the outside (if that makes sense).
 
@Pony...gosh, it's so great hearing from my February surgery pals! I haven't received any alerts that you or @sandyx7 have posted any updates on how you're both doing. I'll be checking on you two here in a minute. Do you have a date yet?
 
Ooohhhh, @Cynthia777 imagine my surprise when I saw your updated surgery date. I get to share my date with my favorite unicorn :snork:!

This is good and bad of course. My competitive nature might kick in based on your recovery from hip#1. I will try to keep the smack talk to a minimum, but I can make no promises.:tennis2:
 
I'm excited that I will be taller because my BMI will be lower :heehee:

OMG you are TOTALLY right! I am SO remembering that!

I was able to put my shoes on without help

Ugh I really look forward to that! It is so embarrassing getting your husband or 9 year old to take of shoes and stockings at the end of the day...

here's the best news, this week I can sit Indian style once again!

That will be the ULTIMATE photo post your 2nd THR...I look forward to seeing that!
 
Wow @Cynthia777 color me impressed with the Indian style sitting - that takes a lot of flexibility! I used to be able to do it but it's been years and I don't know if I'll be able to sit that way again. I can't get my right leg down anymore but as long as I'm not in pain anymore, I'm okay with that. That makes sense what the PT said about you always sitting that way helping your ROM.

I'm so happy for you that you have your date for your next hip! You will be so thrilled when you are finally able to walk with no walking aid whatsoever. It will feel amazing to have that LLD gone.:happydance:

You are going to do great - positive attitude makes a huge difference and you've definitely got that covered. :yes: You are too funny about your BMI being lower! :snork:
 
So great that your going so well and ready to go for your new date.
Sometimes I wish mine was sooner but I think if the OS called up and said they had an earlier booking I'd freak out a bit lol

Your positivity has really given me a lot to focus on and makes me feel more relaxed about surgery- thank you. I think attitude is a big factor in recovery and just general health.

Not long and you'll be double hippy! Hoping for as smooth of a run as you've had! X


Candice, 28 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
@JMACCA
Okay girlfriend, get ready for quite the sight! Sitting outside, enjoying my freshly brewed Java and enjoying my preferred sitting position!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey
    image.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 210
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you ever so much @Hipster Girl and @dandy_candi...I'm so happy you two are part of my family here on bonesmart! This supportive family is just what the doctor ordered! Believe me, without people like you, I'm not so sure how positive I would be!!! Hugs to all of my wonderful family here on Bonesmart! :friends:
 
That blows my mind, Cynthia. I haven't sat like that since I was under the age of 20! Enjoy your sit in the sun!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom