gami
senior
My brave fairy friend how good to know you are home and beginning to learn how to deal with new baby knee. So many different experiences with the second knee, thank-you for sharing with us all. My surgeon told me number two was not that far off so I read your posts with obvious interest.
Remembering how we shared the recovery ride for number one, already that 'every one is different' has emerged quite clearly.
Just 12months ago I participated in a 10km run which really finished my right knee...as you know it took until February before I was able to have my RTKR and although recovery seemed so slow at the beginning true to what the wise ones kept saying it just keeps getting better.
On Sunday I'm going to participate in that same event...no I won't be running and I will not be going 10kms...just a gentle 5km stroll around the course which follows a creek. No... it won't matter how long it takes, many places to sit and have a rest if necessary...just easy peasey. I'll be thinking about you and all our other Bones smarties...the wisdom, support and encouragement from the group that has enabled me to deal with all the pre and post op mountains we have had to conquer.
But in particular I will think about your new baby knee and say a prayer that your healing continues so real soon you will once again be able to sprinkle that fairy dust of yours (have you improved the formula at all
) all over the place.
take care
hugs Gami

Remembering how we shared the recovery ride for number one, already that 'every one is different' has emerged quite clearly.Just 12months ago I participated in a 10km run which really finished my right knee...as you know it took until February before I was able to have my RTKR and although recovery seemed so slow at the beginning true to what the wise ones kept saying it just keeps getting better.

On Sunday I'm going to participate in that same event...no I won't be running and I will not be going 10kms...just a gentle 5km stroll around the course which follows a creek. No... it won't matter how long it takes, many places to sit and have a rest if necessary...just easy peasey. I'll be thinking about you and all our other Bones smarties...the wisdom, support and encouragement from the group that has enabled me to deal with all the pre and post op mountains we have had to conquer.

But in particular I will think about your new baby knee and say a prayer that your healing continues so real soon you will once again be able to sprinkle that fairy dust of yours (have you improved the formula at all
) all over the place.take care
hugs Gami

Australia

.... It is nice to get your own coffee or tea and getting out for a meal is a pleasant break as well. We all need little things to look forward to, to keep our morale up. 
Next morning I was whisked away to x-ray seconds before my breakfast arrived.... mmmmm, ice cold oatmeal and coffee on my return
.... I was doing the best so I was last to be moved upstairs at 6 pm on the second day. My dinner was sent down stairs to me as I was taken upstairs to my room.... Someone else thought I was discharged and gave away my dinner and there were no spares.
A lovely nurse
on the ward dug up some left over lunch sandwiches for me and that was dinner..... end day 2... Rob was on the ferry when they took me for the walk and checked me out to leave... She wanted to know how to get a hold of my husband to let me go home... I said he would be here any time... The elevator in the alcove dinged and my wonder full guy stepped out. 

. Fernie xx


There are a lot of things I will make sure are covered this time.