Guest viewing is limited

TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning TF. Sorry you had a bit of a weepy. Night. I am very sure it all caught up with you after such short notice for your op. you really didnt have time to get your head around it did you. Wham bam you were in and it was done. Hope it made you feel a little better. It sometimes does dosent it. Now you take it easy today. Dont do too much and get accustomed to our lovely day time tv again. Im taking it easy today too. Feeling a little delicate. Take care. hugs x x :friends:
 
Thank you Pat robynhood
It was only a mini weepy. It was a combination of tiredness, pain and being overwhelmed by the whole experience. I have no doubt there will be more weepy moments on the road.
I am sure you are feeling delicate. I hope you are over the worst and will feel better by the end of the day,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Pat robynhood
I hope you are feeling better as the day has gone on.
I started to feel sick late morning and was quite sick just before lunch. Anything you can do.......
I have taken an anti sickness tablet and think I will taken them regularly for a day or two till I adjust to the tramadol again.
They make me very sleepy but that is maybe a good thing.
What a lovely day. I am sitting out in a shady corner of the garden, just lovely.
Toothfairy x :wink:
 
I think there is a bit of sibling rivalry going on as knee 1 is having a few little moans and tantrums. It would like to go back to it's usual exercise schedule. Too bad.

Haha! Cute. I may have this problem too, since my right knee is still Knee-dy... see what I did there. :heehee: Too bad we can't send them to their rooms till they learn to get along. :hissy:

Hope you are having a good day. I see you're well enough to fly around the site sprinkling your pixie dust. :angel: I love caring spirit. :puppysmooze:

Have a Kneerrific day! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Carol patient 99 and BionicWoman2

My day has improved as it has gone on. I think the whole experience has caught up with me a bit today

It is lovely to be home but I am a bit delicate today, still having a bit of nausea and sickness (poor husband).

I have felt gradually better as the day has gone on.

My knee is quite stiff and swollen but hardly surprising. I am going very gently on my exercises to avoid irritating the oozy wound. Still a little ooze but definitely getting better.

I had a lovely foot massage this morning. I am going to try to make it part of the daily routine, it's got to be worth a try.

I am taking things very gently and am settling back into the zone, rest, ice, elevate, snooze.

I hope you are both having a good day,

Hugs,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :bicycle2:
.
 
Toothfairy just caught up with your thread and your 2nd TKR. What a last minute thing but it is now over and done! You are handling things like a champ, just like the last time where you had an amazing recovery. I am sending positive and cheerful recovery thoughts your way! Hang in there and take care!
 
Sounds like you have the right attitude TF. Always a few rough patches in the beginning and the tears seem to happen as a consequence. I really think the anesthesia causes the emotional roller coaster, but a little sobbing is good for whatever ails you.( ice cream is too :puppysmooze: ) Enjoy lounging in bed and looking after knee 2, and knee 1!

Hope I do as we'll as you!

Heidi
 
Good nite my little fairy friend. Have a good healing sleep and hopefully a day tomorrow with less ooze and definitely no more sickness. I can sympathise with you on that one. Still feeling very delicate. Sleep well x :angel:
 
Good morning SadKnee
How lovely to see your post. How is your knee doing these days?
Thank you for the positive and cheery thoughts, always very welcome.
Hi Baystater I have those ipad interfering with my spelling/ grammar problems too. Sometimes I don't notice till after I have posted, thank heavens for the edit option. Not too long till knee 2 comes round for you. It is a good feeling to know it is done and I appreciate that I have been very lucky so far with things going well.
Good morning Pat robynhood I slept very well last night and plan to take an anti sickness tablet this morning so I am hoping to banish the sickness.
I think I am now adjusting and getting more into the relaxed take it gently mode needed for knee 2 rather than the push on with exercise mode I was in with knee one.
I had a spinal anaesthetic again for knee two. A plain one this time rather than with morphine. It didno't work as instantly this time which was a bit disconcerting. When I went into theatre I still had some feeling in my leg. They took ages doing all the prep and my leg was gradually getting more numb. I did tell the anaesthetist so he did keep checking the level of numbness. He also got the surgeon to test that I was numb before he started. Thankfully I was and didn't feel a thing. This anaesthetist was very chatty and we had discussions on all sorts of things while my knee was being done. He also kept me up to date with what stage things were at which was interesting.
I was much brighter immediately after the op and I put this down to the lack of morphine.

Have a great day everyone, I am planning a very slow one.
Hugs Toothfairy x
 
Hi TF I am following your recovery with interest. I was amazed that you could carry on a conversation whilst the op was in progress. I was freaking out when they were preping me beforehand. Were you able to HEAR when they were sawing you up? I will never underestimate a fairy ever again.

BTW did you know that when you post a message it appears 10-15 times in the Alert Box. Carol
 
OMG you were AWAKE for your op. ok you were numb but couldnt you hear everything which with a TKR there is quite a lot of noise. I just could not under any circumstance do that. Put me out and wake me up when its all over and the bandage is on. I didnt realise you did that. I had spinal but was put out as well. Did hit me a little when the spinal wore off but I seemed to cope better than a lady in the hospital who just had GA. she suffered a lot the day after the op while I was still a bit numb. I screamed a little bit when I read your post and scared the cat. No way.
 
Ps your posts only appear once in my alerts TF. Not sure why thats happening in yours Carol.
 
Hi Carol patient 99 and Pat@robynhood
I have no idea why my posts appear so many times in your alerts Carol, not a clue. Maybe one of the moderators could help on that one. Interesting that they appear as normal on yours Pat. I don't know if it just you Carol or if it affects others. Strange.

I chose to be awake both times.
I could hear everything that was going on and feel the pushing and pulling and hammering but NO pain or sensation.
I am not squeamish and was well aware of what to expect. I had watched TKR Ops on U Tube.
I know it is not for everyone but I was keen to avoid general anaesthetic and had previously had unsuccessful experiences with sedation where I was fully aware of what was happening then felt grotty afterwards.
For me it was the right thing and caused me no problems. I did speak to the anaesthetist both times and gave my consent to being sedated or put right out if they felt it necessary during the procedure for any reason.
I found it really interesting.

Sorry if the thought upset you Pat.
Have a great day both of you,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
I am not squeamish

I found it really interesting.

OMG OMG OMG Can't believe I am reading this. One time when I was young I went for a job at a mobile blood bank. It was to help the nurses and give tea and biscuits to the blood donors. During the talk about what was involved I past out. The thought of needles and blood was too much. They brought me round gave ME tea and biscuits and said that perhaps I wasn't really suited to the job. I said I 100% agreed and bolted for the door. It takes all sorts. C
 
My internet went down for a couple days so I have been a bit catching up..... Glad you are home and doing so well. I was awake for my second c section years ago and one of the arthroscopic procedures (I watched it on the monitor) but opted for a nap with a sedative for my replacement. I too watched u tube vids of surgery..... Fascinating!.... but not for the faint of heart or weak stomachs.
Take good care and don't over do.... I am thinking healing thoughts.
 
Thanks Creeker13
I am feeling good today and have had a lovely day. I am taking it very easy. I had a couple of short walks today as the weather was glorious and is set to change tomorrow.
I am glad I am not alone in finding the whole process interesting.
How is your right knee doing now? Have you got a date for your left knee?
I hope you are well,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :dancy:
 
Hi Toothfairy. I have just caught up with your posts since you have had your op. So good to hear you are doing really well. And so positive. Very happy for you. You are obviously going to have a good recovery, which you deserve. Woo hoo :yay:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom