TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust
 
Sunday update. I am still in hospital d
ue to my wound ooze. It's a lot less than yesterday so hopefully I will be home tomorrow.
No shower or physio either. The first shower will be blissful. Pain not too bad. I am taking everything they give me.
So far so good. I am really lucky.
Hope everyone is well.
Hugs Toothfairy. X
 
Hi TF. You sound a little disappointed not to be home. I think we just feel more comfortable in our own surroundings dont we. You didnt have the oozing with the first op did you. They do say every one is different dont they. I really hope things improve for tomorrow and you can get home. Have you noticed any major differences being in a private hospital apart from the single rooms. Be interesting to know. Hope you have a peaceful nights sleep TF hope you have good news for us tomorrow. Sleep well. :friends:
 
Hi TF sorry to hear about your ooze. No doubt they are giving you antibiotics to ensure it doesn't get infected. My wound opened up 2 days after the op. They dressed it, made me stay in bed and pumped me full of antibiotics. It turned out fine. But I did have to stay in hospital a bit longer.

Are you still enjoying your single room? With all your BS chums for company you are never alone. Sleep well. Carol
 
Hi Pat robynhood and Carol @patient99
Thank you for dropping by.
I am still quite happy to be here.
I notice a lot of difference in private hospital V NHS.
Wifi! Free parking. Saving us a fortune.
Everyone has much more time to chat. The care is much more personal as a result.
The food is great. My tea comes on a tray with a doily.
I love having my own room and own loo.
I had no oozing with knee one but I am not worried about it. I had different surgeons both times and apparently surgeon one does not have oozy wounds. I also had no drain first time. Having said that knee two has been much less painful and already my ROM in knee 2 is good.
It is true what they say, every knee is different.
I will be very pleased when the post op constipation is resolved. :umm: sorry if that is too much info.
I have been for three little walks today. Much more than I could mange at this stage last time.
I am off to sleep soon.
Love to all, it is so good to have you to talk to and knowing you understand.
I really hope I can shower and hair wash tomorrow.
Hugs Toothfairy. X :heehee:
 
Hi Tooth Fairy, Hopefully you're well off into dreamland :sleep: while the nurse slides a little oxycodone pill under your pillow. :egypdance: This won't be the kind of pill that makes you nauseous, it's a special pill coated with pixie dust and all things wonderful. So you won't have to change your clothes :sick: until you get in the shower, which will have a rainfall shower-head and body jets to wash all your cares away... Lalalaaaa :angel:

Pleasant dreams Tooth Fairy :sleep:
 
Thank you Maria daughter stalker for your cheery post.
Good morning BionicWoman2. Thank you for the pixie dust coated pill. It was just the job. I slept much better last night.
No nausea yet. I'm looking forward to the rainfall shower......any shower would be just wonderful.
Thank you gami I was woken up this morning by the night nurse doing my obs. How very rude. They have a lot of early admissions due so wanted to get me sorted and out of their hair before they start admitting. Fair enough.
She did bring me a nice cup of tea and a chilled cryocuff. Life's new little luxuries.
Have a great day everyone.
Hopefully I will post from home later.
Hugs Toothfairy x :bicycle2:
 
Fingers crossed for a home post later on TF and hopefully you will be getting a less disturbed sleep in your lovely bed at home. X x
 
Update so far today.
I've had a shower. It was blissful.
I've seen the physio and done stairs. It all came back to me.
The physio is happy for me to go home.
Had laxatives last night and they worked this morning. :egypdance:
I have my drugs and my dressings and my spare socks all ready.
I am just waiting to see the surgeon to see if he says yes or no.
I have no idea when he will be round so it is a waiting game.
I've just been offered another foot massage. Yippee.
I will let you know if I get out later.
Hugs Toothfairy. X
 
Good Morning, I mean afternoon Tooth Fairyyyyyyy (said in my Kindergarten voice :) )
Good news on the shower and great job with the laxatives... You GO Girl! :giggle:

Hopefully you're home, on your way home, or being discharged as I type.

If you're still there, try and get another foot massage before you go. :heehee:
 
You may have made it home by now. I hope you've told everybody back at the ranch that the foot massages have to continue. The support is always greatest right at the beginning so make sure you milk it. What other little treats do you fancy. Make a list, put on your saddest face and they wont be able to do enough for you.

My virtual treat to you is a fresh bed, a cup of tea and peace. Get well soon. Carol
 
Thank you Maria @daughterstalker BionicWoman2 and Carol @patient99
I have failed the ooze test and am still chained to my hospital bed.
At least I am stuck in 5 star paradise.
Thank you for the treats Carol, appreciated.
I have started on my going home wish list. Good plan.
I will see what tomorrow brings.
I am not on any anticoagulant at the moment as I have not to have it till the oozing stops.
I am also not allowed to do much in the way of stretches.
I am doing lots of ankle pumps to ward off blood clots.
It is amazing how different two knees can be.
Hope you are all well,
Toothfairy x :happydance:
 
Hang in there Tooth Fairy, I'm sending pixie dust your way. :angel:
 
Here's hoping your chains will come off soon. Enjoy the foot massages while you can get them! Katie
 
So sorry you won't be home this evening. Silly silly knee. Im sure it will be tomorrow. Sending you extra special hugs to compensate. X x
 
Thank you BionicWoman2 Katie katie830 and Pat robynhood
Things are looking promising for escape tomorrow.
They have a lot of incoming patients so hopefully need my room.
I have a plan B, stick a couple of waterproof plasters under the dressing when they are not looking!
Sure they won't notice. :heehee:
Hope you are all well, thank you for your posts.
Hugs Toothfairy x :wink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom