TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be late dipping in. I hope you have a good night and get home to the comfort of your own house, but enjoy the 5* treatment whilst it lasts.......can you teach those at home the necessity of foot massages, in fact, you've given me a really good plan.....:happydance: what sore feet I have tonight!

Hugs.
Sue.
 
Toothfairy Boy, miss a minute, miss a lot. Just taking time to catch up. First of all, glad to hear you are in relatively little pain and that the digestive system is a go. Hope you get that oozing under control and can thoroughly enjoy a shower. Your hospital seems to be treating you very well, so even though you aren't home yet, you seem comfy. A private room is great, isn't it. Keep up the good work moving that leg, but don't overdo. It is amazing how coherent and positive you have been. Until next time.
 
Hi TF, bet you had a better brekky than me. Ran out of milk and bread at Chez Carol. Is there room in your bed for 2. I'm not a big eater. When your food comes round there's bound to be some left after I've finished. Carol
 
Morning TF. Hope this is your last day in hospital and your knee behaves. Good Luck. Will watch for your posts. Now hurry and eat your breakfast before Carol gets there. :heehee:
 
Hi Toothfairy. Sorry I haven't been by to check on you. Work has been crazy busy. Knee is a bit tired tonight, so I decided after dinner to have a a nice hot shower and hop into bed and catch up. Hope you managed to get home today, but you're in the best place til things are perfect . You don't want problems when you get home. The hospital you're in sounds great and they're really looking after you well. Better get that husband of yours up to scratch with the foot massages, which I am sure you have grown to enjoy.What bliss!! Keep up the good work, you're doing so well. Take care. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
Hi All, I just did a huge long post and my ipad ate it. Honest.
I am home. Going to rest now and will post later,
Hugs to all,
Toothfairy x
 
[Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust
You know the drill, Toothfairy, so follow those mantras and keep us posted. You know we care.
 
So glad you're home - there is no place like home. Your own bed, your own shower, bliss! Sounds like you are doing well and on your way to a nice recovery. And two shiny new knees, lucky you :angel:

Keep up the good work!
Heidi
 
Thank you Heidi Baystater and Judy bottomshollow

I have been so very lucky. I can't quite believe that I am now home after knee two.

I know there are many posts saying that both knee's are different and no two knee replacement operations are the same. I can confirm that it is true.

The one thing that does not change is the wonderful support from bonesmart buddies who are there for you every step of the way.

I have only been having paracetamol and naproxen for the last 24 hours. My knee was quite achy and burning discomfort so I have started on the tramadol they prescribed for me to bring home. It worked well for me last time.

I do think my wound is oozing just as much as yesterday but I am not concerned, just pleased to be home. I will watch it carefully.

I have told my husband that foot massage has been added on to the Nice Guidelines for TKR recovery. :whistle: Did he believe me? Not a bit but he says he will give it a go. Woo hoo, what a star. Hope you approve Sue Dabber. I will report back on whether it happens.

I thought you had nipped round and stolen my breakfast this morning Carol patient 99 as it usually comes by 8am and by 8:30am there was no sign of it. Even worse was the fact that I was not to have my meds till breakfast arrived. A least it was good when it came.

I was very comfortable in hospital Ready but it is still not the same as home. My biggest problem in hospital was that the wifi stopped working Sunday lunchtime which made accessing the forum much harder. Not much to complain about.

Thank you for calling by Jenny kimejen I hope you knee has settled a bit after some rest.

Always good to see you Pat robynhood I hope you are having a good day. I will pop by your thread later.

My main aims for the next couple of days are to get into a good routine with my exercises and rest. The emphasis is a bit different this time, very much on taking it gently and don't bend too much till this oozing stops. I have set up my phone app with all my meds and it will give me reminders when each dose is due, both when and what so I don't get confused.

I am feeling so well that I am desperate to crack on with stretching and bending so I keep reminding myself to take it gently and follow my instructions.

Hope you are all well,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :happydance: :dancy:
 
Very pleased to see you home, take it easy and yes, foot massages are definitely are in the NICE guidelines. :angel: Am I allowed to mention a brand name here? There is a lovely foot massage cream from a well known company based in the South of France.
Hoping the quality of meals doesn't deteriorate now you haven't got chef and his team!:wink:

Sue.
 
Congrats on your successful start to your recovery following you second TKR!!!
 
Hi All, I just did a huge long post and my Ipad ate it. Honest
That has happened to me one time to many :hissy: , so I try not to use it now. It happens on my laptop too, but not as often. I have since discovered the little undo arrow, and it works like a charm. :doh: I do not know
where that key is on the Ipad though. :shrug:

I have told my husband that foot massage has been added on to the Nice Guidelines for TKR recovery. :whistle: Did he believe me? Not a bit but he says he will give it a go. Woo hoo, what a star
YAY! Good boy! :wink:

Welcome home!:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks Judy bottomshollow you hit the nail right on the head.
I think the tricky bit is readjusting my head from what I was doing ie working hard on recovery and building stamina for knee 1 which is 6 months out now to looking after my very new baby knee two which is needing a little extra TLC.
I think there is a bit of sibling rivalry going on as knee 1 is having a few little moans and tantrums. It would like to go back to it's usual exercise schedule. Too bad.
Thanks for the tip about the cream Sue Dabber. I haven't had a foot massage yet but it has been a period of rapid adjustment for both of us today. Food good so far.

Thank you amab, not long now till you embark on knee two. I will be interested to follow your knee two journey. Are you having it done by the same surgeon? I had both a different surgeon and a different hospital and a different experience but both experiences have been good.

Thank you Dorothy turtle68. It is so good to be home. I am tucked up in my own bed now and really pleased to be there.

Thank you for the lovely welcome BionicWoman2 I have never seen the undo arrow on the ipad, it would be wonderful if there was one. Maybe in the new update? Who knows.

I had a little time out in the garden this afternoon, lovely to be in the fresh air.
I felt strangely tearful once I got home. It passed quickly. I am planning to be very quiet for the next few days/weeks.

Take care everyone,
Hugs
Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :flwrysmile:
 
Welcome home! Glad to hear you made it home! Will be waiting to hear more about your new journey! Take care and baby that new knee!
 
Welcome home my friendly fairy. So pleased you are tucked up in your own bed. I have been very very sick last night. Must be in sympathy with you. Not sure if it was something I ate or a viral thing but didnt stop being sick for five hours. Hate it. Will follow recovery no. 2 with interest and I hope its as trouble free as no. 1. once the oozing stops. Take care. Sending you recovery hugs. :friends:
 
Yes.....same surgeon as the last time. Very pleased with him....rumor is he may be retiring; so even more reason to get this out of the way. He's not only done my TKR but some minor wrist procedures; my wife's carpal tunnel and other wrist problems; he also treated our daughter when she had shoulder problems as a result of competitive swimming. He certainly knew his limitations with the shoulder problems and arranged a referral for her with a shoulder expert. Needless to say, we trust his medical expertise. I digress......

Take care
 
Home Sweet Home! Glad you are now in familiar surroundings. Be good and don't try to do too much.
 
Good morning everyone,
I have survived my first night home.
I went to sleep reasonably early and slept well till half past midnight. When I woke up my right leg felt like a tree trunk and was aching badly. It looked just fine. I took my pain pills( I had hoped to wait till 2 am but needs must) then struggled out of bed to go to the loo. I felt pretty miserable and sorry for myself. Once back in bed I shed a few tired and grumpy tears and felt a bit overwhelmed then fell back asleep. I slept reasonably well for the rest of the night, I did waken but just dropped off again. My knee settled down and lasted through till the next dose of pills were due at 8am.
Apart from my small pity party it was a good night.
I am feeling good this morning. I am still in bed, planning to take it very easy today. I have started on my rivaroxaban(anticoagulant) this morning. I will be very gentle with my exercises as I don't want to aggravate the ooze.
My right thigh is spectacularly bruised but I did have a lot of bruising last time so I know it will disappear in time.
First set of extra gentle stretches done.
Hugs Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom