TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TF you sound amazingly good. I couldn't face posting for a while :). So glad all well and fab you can bend already. Will check in again. Will be following you soonish... Leading the way as usual. Biggest hugs Rosie xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTKR. 9 March 2013
 
Good nite TF. Hope you have a peaceful night and a better sleep. Hugs x x x
 
Good morning, I slept well last night. Woke when the nurse was checking my dressing so I had some oramorph then. I woke again when she came to do my obs but I had a great sleep in between.
My blood pressure is improving. I had my cannula out yesterday afternoon after my last lot of IV antibiotics. I had my bandage off last night and the drain removed. It had drained about 350mls. My knee is very bruised and is still seeping a bit. I will have the dressings changed again later.
I feel much more human today and managed to take myself to the loo! I was found out though as I don't know how to switch off the foot pumps so they were squeaking away when the nurse came back with a cuppa for me.
I am finding this knee is different but in many ways better. I have massively more bruising but lots less pain this time. Maybe it helps to know what to expect.
I know what you mean Carol patient 99 about being reluctant to call for help, it is hard to give up our independence. Thankfully the ward is quite quiet so the nurses are not to busy, major difference form last time when the nurses were rushed off their feet.
One of the nurses came and washed my feet yesterday and gave me a foot massage, what luxury. I will find out when I leave if it is a chargeable item! Never occurred to me to ask. It won't matter, it was lovely.
Hi Sue Dabber have you asked the Nuffield, you might be surprised.
Your consultant there might also work elsewhere. Your left knee is probably benefitting from the extra support from your shiny new right knee.
Life is good, I am so pleased that knee two is done and every day is moving towards recovery.
They said three nights in hospital or maybe four so I might go home tomorrow or Monday.
Have a great day,
Hugs Toothfairy x :happydance:
 
Thank you Pat robynhood and Rosie rosieJ
I am feeling remarkably good, so much better than last time.
I think the difference is that this time I had no dimorphine in my spinal. I think it was responsible for the itching and a lot of the sickness last time.
Have a great day both,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance:
 
Morning TF I smiled when I saw the time of your message. I don't think I have ever come across anybody so cheerful after major surgery. Its as if you are on a luxury holiday - getting your feet washed/massaged chucked in for good measure. Normally, people gather round to offer support and reassurance, but you are the one doing that. What a star. You must have done something very, very, good in a previous life to be rewarded like this. Was about to say hope your day goes well - but that's a bit redundant, it will. xx Carol
 
Hi Carol patient 99. I think it is relief that the surgery is over.
Probably the medication too!!
I am generally a very positive person but I know that I will have some ups and downs on this journey so I am making the most of feeling good at the moment.
I have been told by the surgeon to take it very easy today and to do very little in the way of exercises so the oozing will stop. He says he wants me to be extremely bored today, charming.
I can't really take it much easier as I am already lounging about in bed all day!!!
It is a glorious morning today, makes you glad to be alive but I would love to be able to go outside.
Never mind. I will be home soonish and can maybe get out into the garden.
I hope you have a lovely day.
I am finding my concentration is very poor, did you find that after your surgery?
Toothfairy x
 
Morning TF. Sun shining for you :). Hope you are ok and continuing to improve. Thinking of you this early morning. Luv Rosie xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTKR. 9 March 2013
 
Thank you Rosie rosieJ
I am feeling well in myself. Still having a bit of trouble with sickness. I had a tablet for it before breakfast. I really enjoyed my porridge with prunes and my grapefruit but unfortunately they returned rather quickly.
I've had a cyclizine injection now so hopefully that will see me through lunch. Really sleepy after it so dozing the morning away.
I have a cryocuff on, Yeah.
Once I have had my half hour I am getting up for a wash ( shower if I can wangle it). Shower uncertain as wound still oozing a little.
Hugs and hope you are having a lovely day,
Toothfairy x
 
Just checking in but you sound to be really coping as I thought you would with the little hiccups along the way. Understatement you are a positive person. You are the MOST cheerful and positive person I know. Good attitude to have with this surgery isnt it. I feel sick reading your posts at the thought of another TKR but then Im just a wuss and it took me 5 years to get the courage up to do the first one. Have a Happy Healing Day. Hugs x x x
 
Good day, take things easy and enjoy being looked after. I remember a foot wash but not a massage! I couldn't shower when the nurse wanted me to as I was sooo tired, wobbly and expecting visitors but I asked if my husband could help me shower later in the day......we managed to flood the place!!
I'll ask my consultant at the Nuffield.
Hoping your sickness wears off and you're home soon, nothing like your own home and being in charge.
Hugs,
Sue.:friends:
 
Toothfairy

Good to hear that you have made it safely to the other side. Sorry to hear about your sickness, but the meds have a way of doing that to you. Foot wash and foot massage? I am jealous! I don't think that anyone in the states does that. I hope you start feeling better soon. Looking forward to hearing about your second journey!

Take care!
 
Hi Toothfairy - sorry to hear you're a bit nauseaus - isn't it just the worst. Hopefully the meds will kick in soon. Nothing like enjoying your breakfast and seeing it later!!! What resort are you in? Foot massages indeed!!! Just jealous, enjoy. That's just wonderful to have that done and you would have felt terrific afterwards. Lie back and rest, you sound like you're doing as best as you can at this stage. Take care. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust
Welcome Toothfairy to the "other side" the second time around. Just dropping by with a little pixie dust to help you feel your best. Happy to hear that you're doing well and that this second knee seems to be a bit easier than the first.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Greetings, TF. I am glad to hear you are getting some good rest, and that in general, things are going smoothly. I hope your stomach settles starts behaving. So great to see you still have that positive attitude that you are so famous and loved for. Listen to your doc take it easy.
 
Great to hear you're doing so well. I can't believe you're posting and so coherent. Take care and take good advantage of your hospital stay. The foot rub sounds glorious.

Hugs,
Dorothy
 
we managed to flood the place!! Same here Sue. Im glad im not the only one to flood the place. Those showers at the Nuffield arent very good are they. I was hobbling about throwing towels on the floor before anyone came in. Dabber
 
We went through all the towels and onto the bathrobe! robynhood
@ToothfaHoping yours is slightly more sedate. The first shower is lovely.
 
Thank you everyone for your lovely friendly and supportive posts.
I am doing really well. Sadly no shower this morning as my wound is still oozing. Nothing to worry about. I had no anticoagulant today and am not to have any tomorrow. I am doing my foot pumps etc frequently.
I did have a nice wash in the bathroom this morning and the kind nurse washed my back. I would love to wash my hair.
Something to look forward to.
I walked further with the physio today and really enjoyed it. I would have liked to go walking again but am being discouraged because of the wound ooze.
Only been sick once today so tomorrow we are going for no sickness.
I had a visitor other than my husband today which was nice. I am quite tired now but all is well in my world.
Have a good evening,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :dancy:
 
You sound very calm and collected. Here hoping for a sick free day tomorrow and less oozing. Sending you hugs. X x
 
Thank you Pat robynhood, I can't believe how tired I am tonight.
Sleepy sleepy sleepy ......... :zzz:
Night.
Toothfairy x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom