Guest viewing is limited

TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to hear that you made it without trouble. I hope you sleep well. You are an old pro at this, so you know to keep on top of that pain. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
 
Thank you Ready
It is wonderful to hear from everyone.
I have had a good night. Two sleeps.
My oxygen sats are slightly low so I am on a bit of oxygen.
Pain kicked in but not too bad. Just had more tablets.
Lots more due fairly soon.
I can bend and lift my leg. I feel great.
So far everything is wonderful. I am so lucky.
I know there will be challenges ahead but I am living in the moment.
Must be good tablets. No nausea or vomiting so far.
Hooray.
Life is good.
Hope you enjoy your rest today. You deserve it after all that standing.
Hugs.
Toothfairy. X
 
The honeymoon is over. I just vomited spectacularly everywhere.
There was no sick bowl.
I've just had a complete change of bedding, gown, water jug, glass and tray table.
Oops.
Feeling fine again.
Toothfairy. X
 
Hi TF i did the same with the cannula. Woke up to a wet bed put the light on blood everywhere. A bit daunting. Nice to have a room to yourself isnt it. Hope you get some sleep. Will check inlater. X x
 
O dear just read the post about you being sick. Quite an eventful night then and a few changes of bed linen. Welcome back to the world of TKR. Hope the day is more peaceful for you. X x
 
Thank you Pat.
Nice to hear I'm not the only one making a mess.
Just had anti sickness tablet and breakfast then more pain pills.
They are not giving me the OxyContin at the moment because I was sick but I think I am going to need it.
I will give these ones a time to take effect then see.
Still feeling good.
Hope you are well and have a good day,
Hugs TF x
 
Looking after Robyn all day today as the childminder is ill so a WONDERFUL day for me x x rest well.
 
You brave, brave girl. Not a moan in sight. Blood everywhere and you say OOps. Got several things I wanted to ask you, but not now. You need rest. I'm watching your thread so will be able to keep up to date with your progress. Take care TF. Carol
 
Hi Pat robynhood
Truly brilliant news. I know you will enjoy every minute. Hope the childminder doesn't recover to quickly. (My bad) :scare:

Ask away Carol at patient 99 I am feeing great.
Thanks for your good wishes. It means a lot. I hope your day is going well.
I would certainly agree so far that both knees are different but I am incredibly lucky that so far knee 2 is Ben better.
Hugs
Toothfairy.
 
OK. First thing is to do with the bedpan. When I had my LTKR I had no problem using it, because my right leg could bend as much as I wanted it to, but that's not going to be possible next time. Do you find it a problem? My LTKR was a few weeks earlier than yours (apparently it was all straightforward), but I still find walking uncomfortable. Can you describe what your LTKR feels like at this stage ie, what can you do/not do, does it still get tired etc. And will you do anything different second time around?

OK, that's enough, must let you relax. xx Carol
 
Hi Carol, no Right knee related problems with the bedpan. Just the awfulness of trying to use the infernal thing.
Hoping I can walk to the loo now I have been up.
I do however have a very good bend with my L knee.
My left knee is mainly pain free. It does get stiff If I overdo thing and is sometimes a little uncomfortable in bed.
I have occasional diverse aches and pains in my left knee for no apparent reason and I don't hesitate to take paracetamol as needed.
It does still get tired sometimes. It doesn't like too much standing around as it gets stiff.
Kneeing is challenging and I am not convinced I will be able to do it with two knees done.
I will try. Other than that I can do everything. I avoid heavy shopping trolleys.
I can walk very well. Climb stairs normally up and down ( at least I could till yesterday :heehee: ) Ride a bike, swim. Do general household chores, drive.
If I think of anything else I will add it later.
Hope that helps and is coherent.
Pain has caught up with me a bit. I will take your excellent advice and rest.
I am so grateful that things have been so much easier this time.
Every day is one nearer to recovery. I hope you are well.
Hugs Toothfairy. :loll:
 
Hi Toothfairy. Well done you, you're coping as well as you did first time round. It is nice having your own room, I loved it. Sorry to hear you've had a few mishaps, but these things happen, and it's good you're taking it in your stride and not getting upset about it. Things can only get better. I'm so glad to hear your leg is feeling good and you're bending and lifting it :yay:. Rest up and know special thoughts for a good recovery are coming your way. Big hugs. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
Thank you Jenny kimejen
It is good to be on the other side again and thankfully I
only have two knees.
How are you doing and how is the beautiful baby. ? :ok:
Hugs
Toothfairy x
 
Hope you slept well, it's just great having your own room isn't it. I'm afraid my little hospital won't take me for my next TKR now I've got a pacemaker.
All the best for the inevitable standing and physio today.
Sue.
 
Hi Toothfairy. I posted a pic on my thread of Lillian taking a bath when I saw her last week. We are enjoying her soooo much. She's a little more alert now and seems to listen intently when you talk to her. She's very cute. Putting on weight nicely, but a little windy, so gets a bit niggley when her tum is a bit sore. Can't believe she's nearly 5 weeks old. How we waited for her arrival, and now time is flying past. I hope you're feeling a bit better. Take care. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
Thanks for the update TF. I had a private room in the Horder Centre, a private hospital in the Ashdown Forest. Loads of advantages, but it did get a bit lonely - but can't have it all ways. Hope the food is good. Carol
 
Whew! What a night for you, but as Carol said, you brave thing! As I remember from my stays, the nurses didn't want me throwing up. Somehow they were always able to get that anti-nausea drug into me within seconds, but when it came to pain control, it was tap-tap-tap on the computer, scan this, scan that.5 minutes later they finally gave me whatever it was they gave me. Do they have any of those little bags in your room? I kept one by me bed--the gals never offered one, but my hubbie snagged one for me and it came in handy.

I am glad you can bend and such. I think that is the benefit of spinal--so many hours without feeling that you can move it around. Have you been up on your feet yet? Did you have the same OS? Have you had some therapy sessions yet?

patient 99 was asking how your first knee did. I echo what you said as far as what I can and can't do. It was strong enough to handle things I needed to do right away after surgery as it is all pretty slow going. At the time of my 2nd surgery, my ROM wasn't steller, but OK (115-118). That was more than enough. Repositioning in bed was probably where I missed the ROM the most, but I figured it out. Incidentally, the best thing I did for my 1st knee was have the 2nd surgery: It was forced rest and elevation. I had a huge pain reduction, swelling reduction, and increased ROM after that. I also had a different PT who was not as into weights, bands, squats and such so early in my recovery. OK, done. SORRY to hijack your thread, TF

With all this talk about grandbabies, I bet you will be missing yours. Hopefully, they can come to you. We are all interested in how you are doing. Those having surgery around this time will be blessed to have you side by side through the journey. I know I was. Thanks.
 
Hope you slept well, it's just great having your own room isn't it. I'm afraid my little hospital won't take me for my next TKR now I've got a pacemaker.
All the best for the inevitable standing and physio today.
Sue.
Hi Sue Dabber
Does this mean you will have to travel to a bigger hospital? Must be disappointing for you.
I will pop over to your thread and have a look, hugs Toothfairy x
 
Do you know how long you will be in hospital? I think its usually about 3 days, but if there's bleeding it can be longer. I couldn't wait to get out of hospital. Then when I was out I wished I was back (no pleasing some folk). I didn't like pressing the buzzer for nurse assistance, particularly at night when I needed a wee much too often. But I am such a cry baby that my own needs overcame my concerns for the busy nurses. The good thing is that when you can take yourself off to the loo its like winning the lottery. I hadn't found BS at the time of my first op. I sure will take my laptop with me next time.

Hope you are comfortable. If the PTs start any funny business you will know how to deal with it. Knowledge is power.
Hope you get a good night's sleep. Keep us up to date with progress - but don't overdo it. Carol
 
Hoping you have a good night.:sleep:
Thankfully I'm not ready to have the other knee done yet, it's fairly stable, but I don't think the Nuffield hospital is equiped for pacemakers, it's only 34 bed and I think knee and hip replacements are their biggest ops. There is a good orthopedic hospital fairly close by, but I did like my consultant at the Nuffield and I think he did a good and careful job.
Sue.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom