TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Toothfairy, just thought I'd check in on you and see if you had a date yet for the other knee. Well I guess you do! Yikes! But go for it, better to get it done. I read your earlier post saying you wish you had had both done at the same time or close together. Me too. I love love love my new right knee and the recovery really wasn't that bad. Just long and boring :gaah: I dread going thought those aspects again.

Anyway best wishes, you will be on the recovery side very very soon!

I'll be thinking about you,
Heidi
 
Evening Dorothy turtle68 Maria daughter stalker Rosie rosieJ and Heidi Baystater
Thank you for all your lovely messages.
Today has been busy, I have had my pre op assessment and am all set to go in tomorrow afternoon at 4pm. I don't know what time my surgery will be but sometime in the evening.
I have not got my bag packed yet but I am gathering things together ready to pack in the morning.
It is great to have all the support. Hopefully by this time tomorrow it will be work in progress or even over. Fingers crossed. I made time today for lunch out and a lovely walk in the sunshine with my husband. Making the most of it before my freedom is curtailed.
I hope you are all well.
Hugs to you all,
Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi TF. Hoping you actually sleep tonight. I dont think I did the night before. Sending you all my love and hugs my firend and thank you for all you help and support. Hopefully i can be there for you this time. You had your first knee done after me but you were always so sensible and reassuring. Take care TF. Spread lots and lots of your fairy dust. X x x
 
Thank you so much Pat robynhood. It means a lot to me.
You were there for me first time round too and it was appreciated.
It is beginning to feel real now.
Tomorrow will be a long day as I don't go in till 4pm.
Hugs,
TF x :friends: :yahoo:
 
Wishing you all the very best for tomorrow, Toothfairy. You won't need any luck, you will be absolutely fine. Remember we are all here for you and will be waiting for your first report in, which will be a good one, I know :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
All the best to you today. Sorry you have to wait until 4:00. The good news is by the time you are done and back in your room, it will almost be time for bed. Spinal or general? I will send good thoughts and prayers across the sea.
 
Thank you Ready and KathyH
I am feeling nervous now but trying to stay very calm.
I am hoping to have a spinal again. I found it great last time.
I will have a single room this time as I am in the private hospital. Hopefully it won't be lonely.
Last time in my little 4 bed ward we all looked out for each other, having said that the privacy will be nice. It will be interesting to have had both the NHs experience and the private hospital experience ( funded by NHS)
This time tomorrow it will be over, hooray,
Hugs Toothfairy x :what: :flwrysmile:
 
Toothfairy - Oh my goodness, just logged on and seen your post. Well, from not knowing to suddenly knowing when the op will take place must have been a bit of a shock to the system. But best not having time to worrry about it, you'll be too busy getting yourself sorted and packed. I wish you all the very best for leg number 2 and very special thoughts are coming your way. You will be fine. I bet those needles are at the ready for some more master pieces. Take care and all the best. Big hugs. Jenny :friends:
 
Thank you Jenny kimejen it has been a bit hectic but I am just off to the hospital now.
I have had a lovely day. As well as doing some cleaning I have been for a swim and had my hair cut. Stopped me fretting.
Time to go. Will report back when I can.
Toothfairy x
 
Thank you midwestmom
I am sitting in my gown waiting to see the surgeon then I will be off to theatre.
I will be glad when it is over.
Hope all is well with you,
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :thud:
 
Thinking about you Toothfairy. Soon you will be on the road to recovery. Hugs and warm wishes being sent your way.
 
Tooth Fairy, I thought maybe I was being a little too gung ho on the second knee but now my new knee is so good and the bad one is getting more painful and unstable.... I am looking forward to being in your shoes soon with all of the surgery done and recovering. It really is harder to wait.... you hear all the horror stories and pray it doesn't happen to you. But the pain and deterioration goes on.... It is time.
I hope your recovery goes as well as my first knee did.... You take sare and I will check back soon.:thumb:
 
I send you my very, very best wishes. You know how this thing goes. Its tough, but you've done it once, you can do it again. Let us know how you are as soon as you feel able. Carol
 
Been thinking about you all afternoon. Hope its all over for you soon. X x
 
Hoping it all goes well this evening.
Sue :friends:
 
Glad your surgery is over. We'll be looking out for you and know that you're a pro at TRK reccovery.

Hugs, Dorothy
 
Way to go TF. So calm. All done and dusted. Wheres me tea? Love it. So pleased its all over. Try to get a little sleep. Be interesting to see what you think of the private hospital. Dabber and I loved it. Couldnt fault it. Food was the best. Sending you hugs x x x x
 
Thanks Pat and Dorothy.
I've had tea and sandwiches and managed to use the bedpan. Hooray.
Have some bleeding from my leg so sheets going to be changed.
Managed to dislodge my cannula in my hand so blood everywhere. Oops.
All sorted now. More bandages on leg. New cannula in. Bed changed.
More iv antibiotics shortly then I will try to get some sleep.
Everyone is so lovely. I love having my own room.
Night.
Hugs to all,
Toothfairy x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom