TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too bad. I'm signed up for the class this week, so hopefully will do better. I've been exercising every day, and I think it is really helping. Going to try dancing at the Mardi Gras party tonight, so we'll see how that goes. It's a good feeling to be moving about, but I'm still exhausted by the end of the day.

How's your dancing coming along?
 
How's your dancing coming along

Hi Dorothy, I am now going twice a week. I'm limited in what steps I can do (the weave is particularly difficult as I have to put my left leg behind my right), but I am able to be on the dance floor for an hour. This sounds better than it is. The tight band feeling drives me mad, and as it feels worse after exercise I am inclined not to exercise. I mentioned above that my PT has been brought forward (after I pestered my GP). I go 11 March. Let's see what the PT has to say.

I know exactly what you mean about being exhausted at the end of the day. I think I spend far too much time in bed asleep, but its the one place I can be truly comfortable. How about you? How much sleep do you find you need now?

Hope you enjoy your Mardi Gras evening. It can't be long now when you go to visit your son. xx C
 
I will have to PM you guys if we take pics on the "Do Blonds have more fun tour, and the images will self-destruct after one viewing. :rotfl::martini::egypdance::martini::egypdance::cheers2:

@new knee in June D'Diana, I was like WHAT THE WHAT!? :yikes: Can't stay away too long huh?Those comments almost topped the Warriors. :heehee:
 
Dorothy, can't wait to hear about all the dancing you did at Mardi Gras. Bring Carol back some beads please, D'Diana and I have plenty. :rotfl: Actually, I've never been to Mardi Gras, or Vegas. :umm:Man, that Bucket List just keeps growing. :whistle:
 
Hi Carol, I find myself falling asleep in front of the t.v. by 8, then going to bed and sleeping between 6-7:30, so it does seems I'm spending many hours asleep, but I'm glad I'm able to be active during the day. The Mardi Gras Parade was great fun this morning, I will try and post a couple of pictures, then we went to a farmers market, and then out for lunch, so I'm resting now so we can "let the good times roll" as they say in French in Louisiana. Got to be ready for that dancing.
@Bionic woman2 , good to hear from you. I've got plenty of beads here - they seemed to be throwing them at Jim. Can't seem to get the photos to upload - they're too large so will have to play with them.

Dorothy
 
Hi Carol,
I am so glad your P.T. Was moved up :) Any questions you have they can answer.
This is what I did at the gym this morning :
Recumbent bike 4 miles :dancy:
Treadmill 1 mile :egypdance:
Arm & back machines 15 min. :happydance:
Rowing machine 10 min.:yahoo:
Ab crunch 20 :yes!:
Leg squat machine 20 :yay:
I will be in great shape for our side- business venture:rotfl::rofsign:
Have a great weekend
Diana:flwrysmile:@patient 99
 
I was just getting ready to say, look at you being serious. Lol
 
Recumbent bike 4 miles
Treadmill 1 mile
Arm & back machines 15 min.
Rowing machine 10 min.

Is our on-the-side business venture taking place in the foreign legion??? I'm starting to have second thoughts. I guess you are also going to throw in your slithering down walls routine. How about if I change my terms of contract. You do the gymnastics under the lamp light and I wear the blonde wig and take the money? Sinerely C
 
by 8, then going to bed and sleeping between 6-7:30, so it does seems I'm spending many hours asleep

Hi D, That sounds like a nap to me. I don't allow myself to sleep for more than 9 hours, but I could happily sleep longer. This log of a leg saps my energy. I'm starting to get prepared for the PT on 11 March. I don't want to overplay it and have him say `the best thing for you is amputation', but neither do I want to go the other way and not be taken seriously.

Over the last 12 months I have worried that I might be suffering from excessive scar tissue, adhesions, excess fluid, misalignment, loose prosthesis, black death, plague, water on the brain......................... It can only get better:heehee:

Like to see the Mardi Gras photos if you can get them to upload. xx C
 
Hi Carol, Glad to hear you got in earlier with the PT. Just so sorry that the tight band feeling is not fading and hope they have some answers Talking about naps, I think I need one today. We had a great time at the party last night, and yes, I did dance - the biggest problem was my lack of ability to breathe, but we did a little bit of everything. Had a great dj and she was keeping everyone going with line dancing, zydeco (that's cajun music and dance, congo line, the twist, and plenty of 60 and 70's music. That was the first big Mardi Gras party I've been to, and they really do it up with costumes, parade of the king and queen, and on and on.

Knees held up really well - a little swollen last night but today it just feels like both legs did some aerobic exercise. Jim said his felt the same way. It's so good to be moving again, albeit a bit slowly today. (could be the prosecco I drank last night). I think I'll take a nap now. Dorothy
 
@turtle68

Hi Dorothy, you have been on my knee recovery journey every painful step of the way. Well now for some GOOD NEWS for a change. I have had good days only to be followed by a string of bad days. Also periods where nothing seemed to be changing at all. But the last few days have been so very different. I've been able to walk further with only a little bit of tightness/discomfort. I haven't felt that the effort of walking has left me drained, and I've been doing it without the support of my elastic stocking. Three cheers.

I can't begin to tell you how much happier I am. I am hoping that this is not just another bleep on the roller coaster recovery path. I KNOW IT JUST FEELS SO MUCH BETTER. Oh, Dorothy. I really do think that there may now be light at the end of that very long tunnel.

What is particularly good is that I know you have also been feeling so much better too. You might have to change your thread title again - not Winning the Race but Won the Race:dancy: Thank you for all your understanding - I know at times I haven't made it easy. Hugs and bugs Carol
 
Got everything crossed that this is the break through in your recovery you have been waiting for. You certainly deserve it.
 
Hello Carol,
What a wonderful report :yay::happydance::yay: There is always a light at the end of the tunnel :SUNsmile:
I think when you start Therapy you will feel even better :yahoo:I am so Happy for you :cheers:
I have sent you your .50 cents via the Postal Service, Don't spend it all in one place :rotfl::rotfl::rofsign:
Could you possibly pick up a shift under the lamp post, since you are walking better ? :rofsign::martini::rotfl:
I love the idea of softer bulbs, tell Wally the "Whip" it's a go........:ok:
Have a wonderful Day :SUNsmile:
Diana:flwrysmile:@patient 99
 
Hi Carol, I am so thrilled to hear that you're having good days and that tight band feeling is lessening.:yay:
You have been on my mind - I hadn't heard from you for a few days but it sounds like you've been busy doing "stuff". It has been such a long journey for both of us, but I think we are finally winning the race. Every day I am so grateful that I have a degree of normalcy in my life, it just keeps getting better. I'm still feeling a little of the effect of the dancing Saturday night, i.e. swelling, but the fun I had far outweighed any side effects. Going to try Cardio Dance this morning, and hope I can last the whole hour, have been walking on the treadmill every day for 30 minutes, and use an upper body machine that is also aerobic. Looking forward to warmer weather so that I can get out and walk our beautiful Sweetgrass trails.

And, Carol, please don't fret about your not making it easy for me or anyone else. You have been my constant friend throughout this journey, and I know you have helped so many others and continue to do so. Are you going to change your thread title again? How about "Dancing Queen"? and does this mean you can give up standing under the lamp post? Have a great day. Is this your line dancing day. Let me know how it goes. Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy :dancy::kittykiss::goodpost:
 
I am so Happy for you

Good isn't it. I thought my turn would never come. I'm almost scared to get too positive in case it all goes downhill again. Me and Mike are going out for an indian meal tonight to celebrate. The sun has got its hat on hip hip hip hooray.

Could you possibly pick up a shift under the lamp post, since you are walking better

NEWS FLASH We wont be working the street anymore. Wally the Whip wants to be like our Manager. Its a smart hotel now on for us girl. We have to come up with names for ourselves. I thought Winny for me and Flo for you?? Its exciting isn't it.

LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN SO GOOD - and now I have .50cents to treat myself as well. :yay:
 
Are you going to change your thread title again? How about "Dancing Queen"? and does this mean you can give up standing under the lamp post? Have a great day. Is this your line dancing day.

I don't want to jinx anything. Just holding my breath for the moment. So will wait until I feel confident before changing my thread title - like your suggestion. Thursday was one of my line dancing days, but its more for the newbies on that day. I feel confident enough now to stick to the Tuesday class - 64 count dances (Dorothy I'm showing off <grin>).

As for giving up the lamp post. As a matter of fact I am - its one star hotel rooms from now on (showing off again <double grin>.

You take care my friend. C
 
Hello Carol,
I hope you are still doing well :) This morning I got in a snow tube & my :puppysmooze: & I
Slid down the backyard :dancy: I think I had more fun than he did :happydance:I also took him
For a walk around the block :yes!: Good for you going to a dance class :yahoo:
We no longer are lamp post women, but, women getting on with life :spin::yay::martini:
It doesn't get any better than that :ok:
Thinking of you:friends:
Diana:flwrysmile: @patient 99
 
We no longer are lamp post women,
but, women getting on with life It doesn't get any better than that

Hmmmm Not sure Diana. This `getting on with life' is not always what its cracked up to be. If seems to be mainly cooking, cleaning, ironing, and gaining weight. I think I'll have my right knee done so I can give this `life thing' a swerve for a bit longer :egypdance: .

Now where is my lamp post.
ps no idea what a snow tube is, but respect for getting into it.:cheers:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom