TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me years to get the confidence to have the first one done and now I know how long the recovery is it's worse. How's your other knee doing.???

Pat, Truthfully I try not to think about the other knee. It's not painful at present, but its just a matter of time. Again, being truthful, when that time does come I will feel just the same way you do.

Logically, it should be easier second time around. We know the drill. But what has logic to do with anything? You will get through, I will get through it. Who needs a right leg anyway
 
Hiiiiiii Carol. Siiiiiiiigh. Long time I know and looks like I might have missed a Pity Party. No worries though I can whip one up in an instant if necessary. :martini::rotfl: Siiiiiiigh.

I've been OK, my knees seem to have a mind of their own though and the last 2 days have been BKD (Bad Knee Days.) Maybe it's because I thought I was grown and stopped talking my Advil for swelling. Last night I couldn't sleep and the pain in my youngest knee kept me awake. I ended up taking a Tramadol today to help with the pain. But I don't want to talk about my knees. :no-fin:

Sorry to hear about your ongoing Bad Hair Day, that's gotta suck big time. :sorry: I'm in the process of regrowing my hair, so I feel you. When your hairs not right, it doesn't help boost he overall morale. There's a scripture that says "a woman's hair is her glory." THAT is so true, so may I recommend a long blond wig to boost your spirits my dear. :tada: Lol I will do the same. My girlfriends and I are actually planning a "DO Blonds have more fun night on the town" where we SEE if this rumor is true. :loll:

Tata for now. :cheers2:
 
@patient 99 That sounds pretty good advice from the GP and a referral to the physio for additional help is useful, let us know what he/she says.
@need2nees I found there was a big improvement around the 6-7 week mark. I was able to go to our son's graduation around that time, on 2 crutches but at least I managed and after that used sticks.
Stay around Carol's thread if you want distraction, today I need distraction.:headbang: :hairpulling::gaah:
 
HAHAHAHAHAHA @turtle68 Don't you be out there showing your ta-ta's now. :rotfl: I was thinking all I need to do is go bra-less, put on a midriff top and they can peek out from the bottom. :loll:But then when I scream "THROW ME SOMETHING MISTER!" I might get a bra instead of beads. :umm:Lol

Hello ladies.... :cheers2:
 
@patient 99 The answer to your question is "NO"! Sorry it took me so long to respond, but some of us go to work during the day. I was able to take off early today to give some blood for the doctor. :(
 
I'm glad to hear that there isn't anything seriously wrong with your knee, Carol. I hope the PT can help you work out that stiffness. My stiffness is just in certain areas not all the way around which seems weird.
 
Hello ladies

Hello ladies, you've been missing for god knows how long, and all you have to say for yourself is Hello Ladies.
If you'd left it much longer I was thinking of contacting the cops - Missing. 5ft 8inches of Attitude.

Now small talk out of the way. Can we get down to business. Could you scoot up to post 1340 from D'Diana. We are trying to decide what the next competition should be. What do you think? I'm easy, but before I take part I want to know who will judge it. Got to pitch it right to win <wink> @new knee in June are you going to be the judge? C
 
The answer to your question is "NO"

I was hoping for a YES. Why should the young have all the fun.


My stiffness is just in certain areas not all the way around which seems weird.

Actually Maria, that's the same for me. I refer to my tight band, but that's a type of shorthand. It sits above the knee and down the inner knee. Ages ago when I saw my OS he said those are the areas that take the most punishment during the op. So may be its not so weird.
 
Carol, yes bruised knee much better. I think right now I have to stick with machines at Fitness Center. Light aerobics cause me pain and you know howI feel about that.
 
Well alrighty then.... :bicycle2: Carol, I Just got back from post #1340 and I'm even more confused than D'DIANA. Lol How about YOU Ms. Thang!, direct me to the post where you discussed the "lack of lubricant." :rotfl:

Oh, as far as THAT contest goes, "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it may incriminate me.":loll:
 
Hi Pat, It went well. I always respond well to strong, no nonsense women, which pretty much describes my GP.
She examined my knee checking for infection, looseness and swelling. She said my knee was healthy but that she would send me to the physio for further checks just to be on the face side.

We discussed the tight band feeling. I explained it wasn't painfu,l it just left me feeling exhausted by the end of the day. I could have kissed her when she didn't respond by saying `it will go in time'. Instead she said `that might be something you will just have to learn to live with.' She said it is still a better option than bone on bone pain. And of course she is right.

I place a lot of store on mind over matter. By that I mean that knowing my knee is healthy, will enable me to live easier with the tightness. If I can begin to stop thinking knee, every minute of the day, it may even start to loosen up.

All in all I am much calmer/happier. Oh and I nearly forgot. I asked her what might be causing the tightness eg, scar tissue. She said it could be many things - lack of lubrication, still healing, more exercise required etc. But what ever it was she was adamant that further surgery would not help. Which I was pleased to hear. Thanks for asking xx Carol
 
Very glad that your appointment went well Carol and you feel like you can move on now. Just remember that if things start to get worse you can get another opinion. It took 2 1/2 years before I was taken seriously. Don't want to put a dark cloud over your good news, I'm just saying if things don't stay the same or get worse, then don't think you have to settle.
 
I'm just saying if things don't stay the same or get worse, then don't think you have to settle.

Good advice. There is a danger that we accept things because we are too afraid of what might be in store for us if we don't. Fingers crossed.

Hope things are continuing to improve for you and that you have taken the advice not to do too much. We must practice what we preach <wink>. Carol
 
Good Morning,
A new toy :happydance::happydance::dancy::dancy: ( Did your mommy teach you to share ?) said in my 4 yr.
Old voice :heehee: As to B.W 2 's blonde party, I can attest that Blonde's certainly have way more
Fun than "Common" folks :yahoo:....plus, as you know, we are way "COOLER":egypdance:
As I was walking from building to building last night at work, I noticed I was speed walking. It
Was so cold I was almost running:yes!:
I can't be a judge in any contest:no-fin: I would always vote for myself & that wouldn't be fair:whistle:
When do you start P.T ?
Have a great Day,
Sincerely,
Diana:flwrysmile: @patient 99
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom