TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would always vote for myself & that wouldn't be fair[

So you want to be fair. OK how's about this. You be the judge this time and vote yourself the winner. Then next time I will be the judge and vote myself the winner. Is that fair enough for you?

Speed Walking - pretty impressive Diana. Do you have any problem with the other knee?

I am waiting to hear when my PT starts. Ever since this TKR stuff began I have been waiting for this, that and the other. I am permanently in wait mode. I bet the Queen of England doesn't have to WAIT - nothing fair there (said in my best bitter and twisted voice).

Take care

ps: I went blonde once - but I still stayed Common :yay:
 
@turtle68 Hi Dorothy, I thought the Mardi Gras was something that happened in New Orleans. For several years now we have had the Notting Hill Carnival which I imagine is similar. Its Afro Caribbean and there's lots of costumes, steel bands and such. It seems everything that happens in the USA comes here eventually.

You mentioned planting up your new garden. Are you very limited in what you can choose given the very high summer temperatures? My garden is like a bog at present. I don't venture into it I just look at it from the window. xx C
 
Hi Carol, The Mardi Gras seems to be a big thing in the South, but the big one is New Orleans, and I know it is celebrated all over Louisiana, but I don't now about other areas. Galveston also has a huge celebration. They have crewes, which are groups which have a king and queen, parades,etc. It always coincides with the start of lent, as does the Houston Rodeo which goes on for the whole month of March.

We have to get a plan for the landscape and submit it to the HOA for approval before we can plant anything. There are restrictions on some plants, etc. and we can also have a problem with drainage and have to make sure everything drains properly. Also want drought resistant plants, and we try to plant as much native plants as we can that don't require a lot of water.

How's your knee behaving? Are you still elevating at the end of the day? I've been very active lately so I find it helps to put my feet up periodically during the day and sitting is the hardest thing. We're having another cool, windy, and misty front here, with another Polar Vortex going through the North. Just wanted to warn you as it will probably head your way. So ready for spring, it's usually here by now.

Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy
 
Hi Dorothy, you sure do have a lot of festivities in Texas. Your garden will keep you very busy. A few years back the water company imposed a hosepipe ban - can you believe it in England! I lost a lot of my favourites that year.

I've never iced/elevated for about 7 months. It didn't do much for me. I've never had much swelling. I suspect if I was living somewhere very hot things would have been different. The one thing that helps me enormously is my elasticated sleeve. I really have become too attached to it - but as somebody on BS said `life's too short, if it helps go for it', and I do.

I went dancing again, just to prove to myself that it wasn't a flook . Again I stayed on the floor for the full hour. What I did notice was that when I had to turn my knee to make some of the steps it hurt. Just not used to it I guess.

sitting is the hardest thing

What's the problem? Hugs and bugs C
 
Dear Carol,
Congratulations on the dancing :yay: Getting on with life is our new "Motto" :egypdance:B.W.2
@BionicWoman2 would be so proud of you:yes!:Funny, if I lie on my bed side ways my knee
Always hurts :what:
I conducted a contest last night & I was the judge...I won every thing :yahoo:Funniest, sexiest,
Coolest, the list goes on........:yay: To my legions of fans :bow::bow: I thank You, All :martini:
Off to the gym with my daughter,
Have a great day :SUNsmile:
Diana:flwrysmile:Master of my Universe...:egypdance:@patient 99
 
Congratulations on the dancing. Was it line dancing? I'm going to try dance exercise tomorrow, If it hurts, I;ll go walk on the treadmill. My knee will swell and get stiff if I sit too long, it just feels better to be either upright or sitting with legs on ottoman. Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy
 
Funny, if I lie on my bed side ways my knee
Always hurts :what:
Even more Funny, if I stand on my head my glasses fall off!


I conducted a contest last night & I was the judge...I won every thing
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Who's writing your material? Its QUITE good <chuckle>

Getting back to `the most embarrassing thing you've done'. I was working as a waitress in a night club. Four local celebs came in and I took their order. I really fancied one of them and it made me a bit flustered. Anyways I got the drinks, and just as I was putting them on the table my tray unbalanced, and the drinks went all over them. Lots of apologies from me and the Manager, reimbursement for their dry cleaning bills and free passes/drinks to the club on a night of their choosing settled things down.

Off Carol trots to replace the drinks. I came back and .....................I DID EXACTLY THE SAME THING:thud::thud::thud: . Drinks in the air, 4 guys soaked AGAIN, glasses smashing to the floor.
I think it was only my tears:beg::beg: and the fact they thought I was simple:sorry::sorry::sorry: that saved me from getting the sack.

The guy I fancied never asked me out - funny that.:what::what::what:
 
Master of my Universe

OK Master of the Universe. What you got re. `embarrassing moments'. You might as well know up front that there is no judge so you can't win. But think positive. It means you can't lose (to me) either.

Ladies the competition is open to all those daft enough to want to waste their time. Bring it On.
 
Did you spill drinks on the "Beatles"?:yikes: Twice :shocked:No wonder they headed to the U.S.A.
Carol, without you there would of been no "British Invasion " you are a part of History :egypdance:
Now, that is cool:bow::bow:
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Was it line dancing
Yes Dorothy. The easiest line dance for beginners is the Electric Slide. Utube has all the dances, so you can have a look and see how it goes. In the early days when we did a new dance at the class I used to come home, and using Utube, I'd practice the dance in the kitchen. Thinking about it that might be how I got a painful neck. Its easy following Utube, until you have to turn round <wink>. C
 
Dear Carol,
As you can see from my posts, I have a huge Ego:egypdance:You can't hold it against me as I was
Born with it. I am hardly ever wrong, am always right & far superior to most people I meet:martini:
It is a gift :angel:If you understand this, we shall have no problems :) Now, get back here &
Bring me your toys !!!!!!! :rotfl::loll::rotfl::rofsign::rotfl::rofsign:
Did I also mention, I have quite a temper:hissy:
Off to work,
Diana :skep:
 
Dearest Carol,
Maybe I am & Maybe I'm not :skep: My job does not consist of standing under a street light
& plying my goods. Although I would excel at that also :egypdance:But, it is quite cold out 6 degrees :yikes:
So maybe I will wait for the Spring :rotfl:
My job is with the School Dept. From 5-10 p.m. I set up conference rooms for meetings held the
Next day.
I love it, I work by myself ( my favorite person ):happydance:I get paid handsomely & also receive
Paid Holidays & retirement accounts. My husband also works for the school dept. So we have
Break together & go home together :)
Carol,
Exactly what kind of toys do you think I play with ???:heehee::rotfl::loll::rofsign:
Hope your knee is feeling good :angel:
Sincerely,
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
I love it, I work by myself ( my favorite person )
You can't kid a kidder. You are a true people person and a big softy to boot. But I wont blow your cover - but remember you owe me big time.

My husband also works for the school dept.

Is that your husband and daughter in your avatar? I am childless (boohoo) and as my parents are now dead, I guess that makes me an orphan too (boohoooo) . But I have my husband, my sister and my ex husband:whistle: so there's always somebody to listen to me moan - I can do a 5 minute moan is I'm pushed for time, but I much prefer the full 60 minute one.

Exactly what kind of toys do you think I play with

Carol Parent don't go there. Absolutely don't go there
Carol Child what not just a little bit?
Carol Parent NO, not even a little bit

Pass.

Hope your knee is feeling good

Remember I mentioned that my doctor was going to arrange for me to get some PT and a PT assessment. I got the letter today and the first appointment is 22 April. By anybody's standards that has to be slow. Looks like I will have to go private, but at £35 (58$) for half an hour its a bit pricey.
 
Dear Carol,
This picture is of me , my husband, & my youngest daughter :) I have been married to Jim
For 25 yrs. :shocked:I also have a 27 yr. old son, a 25 yr. old daughter, a 22 yr. old son & my youngest
Daughter 19 yrs. old. 2 :kittykiss: & 1 :puppysmooze: ( the puppy is my daughters & I only have him when she works )
April 22 will be here before you know it. I really think you will benefit from P.T, Maybe if you get flexible enough, you can join me under the street light :rotfl::rotfl::rofsign:
Bring your long blonde wig, we can make some extra cash on the side :rotfl::loll::martini:
Off to work......
Diana :flwrysmile:@patient 99
 
I also have a 27 yr. old son, a 25 yr. old daughter, a 22 yr. old son & my youngest Daughter 19 yrs. old. 2 :kittykiss: & 1 :puppysmooze:

What was that you were saying `I like to be alone' !!! I think it must be great to have grown up daughters and sons, trouble is what to do with them until they get grown up :what::what: . The large amount of child in me would probably end up fighting with a kid over what to watch on TV, and I don't think adults brawling with children is allowed in East Sussex.


Bring your long blonde wig, we can make some extra cash on the side

It would have to be on the side - I find being upright very tiring these days.:yawn::yawn: I wonder what the going rate is? Would we have to offer a reduction given little things like being an old age pensioner with a metal knee and hair that one keeps in a box?

Talking of knees they have brought my PT appointment forward. Its now 11 March. Thing is Diana, I've had my hopes raised so many times, and it then comes to very little. How are you getting on at the gym? Do you use anything besides the stationary bike? C
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom