TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Luck at the. GP tomorrow Carol. Give them hell:yikes:
 
Dear Carol,
My mind lost track after my conversation with D.S. :loll:Good luck tomorrow, I hope you get the
Answers you are looking for :angel:Write your questions down ( very important ) :ok:I don't care
What D.S says......I have the trophy & I don't share:tantrum:( my 4 yr. old speaking ) :rotfl:
Have a relaxing Evening,
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
I had sex with him in a semi-private hospital room with the other guy so high on his pain meds that he didn't even stir. It was a quickie.

Fabulous Darling :rotfl::loll::rofsign::thankyou:. Best laugh this week by far. Now next question, and then I promise to go away. If the situation was the same today would you do the same?

ps: please don't keep me in suspense.
 
While talking to your in-laws....

Oh my god :rofsign::rotfl::loll::heehee::cheers2::yahoo::thankyou::thankyou: Girl have you got it. Somebody wrote a poem to a fellow bonesmartie. I am going to sing a song for You Miss D'Diana

You're the Queen of the Swingers
The Bonesmart VIP
You've Reached the Top
You Might Stop
And That's What's Worrying Me
Oh boopie do I wanna be like you .................................. xxx C
 
@patient 99
:thankyou:What a lovely song, it's all true. I am the queen :bow:I have reached the top:egypdance:
I keep thinking your thread will have a XXX rating & be shut down :scary:I think it's time
For our next contest...." The most Embarrassing thing we ever did ":beg:I will have to think on this
One......:scratch: Cool people don't do very many things they are embarrassed about. We just change
It around so it is "COOL" ( that's how us "COOL" folks roll):rotfl::egypdance:
Good luck at your Doctors,
DDiana.....:bow::bow::bow:
 
with the other guy so high on his pain meds that he didn't even stir.

I've been off preparing supper (irish stew). I kept giggling all the time I was cutting the onions. DS, what if the guy in the other bed wasn't out on the pain meds as you thought. After all you were obviously distracted much of the time. I have this image of him saying to the nurses `No no no I don't want tramadol I want the same pain killers as the guy in the next bed just had. No matter if my insurance doesn't cover it I am willing to pay. <chuckle>.
 
Hey Carol how did it go at the doctors today ??
 
think it's time
For our next contest...."

Yes, but can we run 2 at once - I haven't finished with the sex thing yet - I don't get out much. `Where was the oddest place you have had sex' competition. Now I appreciate that DS and you have already got the ball rolling (so to speak), but I haven't had a go and neither has @Dabber @turtle 68 etc.

We don't want to run competitions which could possibly be seen as being in bad taste, <wink> so we shouldn't go into too much detail - just the place. No No I'm backing out. I've got my reputation to consider. So `The most embarrassing thing we ever did' competition. I first need to know who the judge is. Is it you D'Diana?
 
Oh my...and I thought this thread was about knees!!!

Waiting to hear about today's doctor visit.
 
how did it go at the doctors today

Hi Pat, It went well. I always respond well to strong, no nonsense women, which pretty much describes my GP.
She examined my knee checking for infection, looseness and swelling. She said my knee was healthy but that she would send me to the physio for further checks just to be on the face side.

We discussed the tight band feeling. I explained it wasn't painfu,l it just left me feeling exhausted by the end of the day. I could have kissed her when she didn't respond by saying `it will go in time'. Instead she said `that might be something you will just have to learn to live with.' She said it is still a better option than bone on bone pain. And of course she is right.

I place a lot of store on mind over matter. By that I mean that knowing my knee is healthy, will enable me to live easier with the tightness. If I can begin to stop thinking knee, every minute of the day, it may even start to loosen up.

All in all I am much calmer/happier. Oh and I nearly forgot. I asked her what might be causing the tightness eg, scar tissue. She said it could be many things - lack of lubrication, still healing, more exercise required etc. But what ever it was she was adamant that further surgery would not help. Which I was pleased to hear. Thanks for asking xx Carol
 
Hi, and thank you Maryo52

Interesting. I've tended to work on the basis that daily physical activity including my exercises are essential. That I MUST do them to ensure my knee keeps improving. Having said that by 6pm I CANNOT do anything and am forced to rest. This sounds as though I am doing too much. But I didn't think that I was. I am a cautious person by nature. I will try resting more and giving my knee a bit more knee-cation as you suggest, and see what happens. Best wishes. Patient 99.
I can SO relate to your experiences and thoughts. GOOD FOR YOU to be able to write it down...it really does help to sort out he emotion/frustration part of this painfully slow recovery and be able to express it. I find on this forum that way more people have felt exactly the same way I have, and if anything, I waited too long to seek support/advice.

I, too have reached that 'plateau' of support/compassion where my systems are more than willing to help, but if anything I have to ask for help MORE often because people are assuming that I can/should be doing more things independently. Then I tend to over-do it to not 'bother them'.

Also, the realization that you may be doing too much is a tough one isn't it? I have felt so lazy/unproductive/blah sometimes that I couldn't fathom the thought that maybe I was overdoing it...when all I have been doing was napping, elevating, icing, heel-sliding, and hobbling to the bathroom. Entering my 5th week, even a shower is a huge ordeal that zaps my energy. The thought of starting outpatient OT (the driving there, parking, crutching, etc, not to mention the session itself) is overwhelming.


I have found it helpful to really focus on not 'looking back' and counting the weeks and comparing them to others. It is what it is. What lies ahead is improvement and that is where I try to direct my thoughts.

thank goodness for Bonesmart....I would be a blubbering mess without them. Take care, patient 99.
 
Waiting to hear about today's doctor visit.

Hi Bonnie, The above post to Pat pretty well sums it up. I just hope I have done the right thing by accepting the status quo. In other words I hope I just haven't taken the path of least resistance. I should get to see the PT very soon. If they confirm what my doctor has said, then I might have to accept that I might always have a tight knee, but NOT a painful knee.

What do you think? Carol
 
That sounds promising Carol . I too get fed up with the It will heal in Time response. As long as you know there is no medical reason for the right band feeling it is reassuring. Hopefully in time the more you walk and exercise the better your knee will feel . I walked for quite a while today and my right knee did not like it at all. I have a feeling of dread about this. It took me years to get the confidence to have the first one done and now I know how long the recovery is it's worse. How's your other knee doing.???
 
I, too have reached that 'plateau' of support/compassion

Hi Trish, my post that you quoted above is about 9 months old. But it brought it all back to me. I quickly looked to see when your op was. Oh my you are only 5 weeks out. That is precisely the stage when surgeons say that most patients would happily kill them for what they have done. The lack of sleep, the tears, the worry etc. To add to that you say your support system has plateaued. Then all I can say is that you are lucky to have found BS. I suspect you are going to need support for a long time yet.

This support comes in different forms, there's the practical help and advice to do with your knee. There is also the support that looks after your head, ie the friends you make, the laughter in sharing the same stuff.

Let me know how you are doing. Happy to help in any way I can - but particularly with the laughter <wink> Carol
 
@patient 99
Hello Carol,
What a great report from your doctor :yay: I do believe we continue to get better after 1 year.
I think P.T will greatly help the tight band feeling :dancy:I am so happy you can put your mind
At ease :happydance:
Now, about our next contest....is it the most embarrassing thing we ever did :blush: Or the places we
Have had sex ? I heard not enough lubrication & now I am confused :shrug::rotfl::rotfl::rofsign:
Take Care:friends:
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Carol, I'm happy to hear that your GP listened to you and that your knee is healthy. I was thinking about this long recovery while I was out and about this morning. I had mammogram, went to Costco, Dollar Store, and then to Pharmacy and Grocery where I had to walk the store 3 times because my prescription wasn't ready. Dumb me, I had called it into the old pharmacy. At first, when I had to park in the back 90 everywhere I went, I thought why doesn't this knee feel normal. And then I remembered that before surgery, I wouldn't have been able to walk even one of these stores or parking lots, without extreme pain and my knee sometimes going out and what the OS told me last week, it will continue to get better. You will get back to line dancing and I will learn how to line dance.

On a fun note, had to go to $store to get beads, etc. for Mardi Gras. It's a big deal here, we're having a parade where people are decorating their golf cards, cars, etc. and then big party later on. I just wonder if any of these over 55 ladies will be showing their "ta ta's in the grand old Mardi Gras tradition.

Meanwhile, let us know when you get into the physio and the results thereof. Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom