Guest viewing is limited

TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
@turtle68 Hi Dorothy, So how did it go? You were so lucky not to catch the novovirus - perhaps that's an omen for the future ie, lots of good luck. Did it live up to expectations? Did you enjoy all the company? Was it tiring? Would you do it again? Were there any down sides? etc. etc.

The news here. Not a lot. Mike has a virus so I've lost my play mate. I am totally fed up with all the rain, but the sun actually shone today, so may be we've turned a corner. Isn't it good news for Bonnie - after all that struggling and @Dabber is hanging on in there juggling all balls at once.

I saw a tv programme showing you longish term rental on St Lucia at a very reasonable price. Would like to give it a go, but very concerned that my knee wouldn't be able to handle a long haul flight - 9/11 hours in a sitting position scares me. Sadly flying business class is out of the question. I guess that's the upside of a cruise. How did you find the cabin and the beds? xx Carol
 
Hi Carol, We had a fantastic cruise, although we were disappointed we were cut a day short "because of fog" and didn't make it to Belize City. The food was fantastic, although I ate too much of it but they had many things I just had to try, including desserts, like milk chocolate soufflé with zabliogne sauce and on and on. We went through a cold front/storm one night and the ship was rocking and rolling and creaking too. Pretty funny to watch everyone trying to walk on the rolling ship all walking like we were drunk. We thoroughly enjoyed the company, it was a great chance to get to know people better. On the last night when we were docking in the Port of Houston, we all took our leftover wine to the bar on the 18th deck and it was a beautiful sight.

The most pain I suffered was from wearing flimsy sandals on the excursion we took in Honduras. Hadn't realized we would be hiking through the mountainous, rocky jungle, with huge tree roots all over. It was interesting though. Ended up with blistered toe and my whole right leg was very swollen, Rested yesterday, and it seems to
be doing better. Maybe no wine and rich food helped the swelling go down. Jim had never cruised before, but he really enjoyed it in spite of the setbacks. A few people have come down with the norovirus since we've been home, but couldn't believe how the media had blown it out of propotion. Of course we all think we came back early so they could turn the ship around. Ironically, the ship didn't get out yesterday because of fog.

Sorry to hear Mike is sick, hope it's not a serious virus. There's lots of H1N1 virus going around here (aka swine flu) so hopefully the flu shot covered it. The weather has been overcast and it's rainy here as well. I understand St. Lucia is beautiful, and I've always wanted to go there. We can't cruise there directly from here but would have to fly to Florida. I hate flying anymore. We're going to Wisconsin in April and will probably drive and try to see something different along the way. So glad to hear that @Dabber is hanging in there. Have you heard anything from @Bionic woman 2. and I'm so happy for Bonnie @RunA42K that her revision has worked out so well. Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy
 
Going to visit our son and his family. They live in Madison, which is not too far from Chicago and is in Southern WI. WI borders Canada on the north border.

Dorothy
 
Dorothy you should be truly proud of yourself. You are living life to the full despite any difficulties.
 
Carol, I'm going to try and post a better picture with Jim. We were in Laguna Beach, CA. I'm really seriously thinking of getting a tattoo when we go to Madison in April. We''ll see. How are you doing this morning? I've been trying to exercise every day and I think it's helping, especially walking on the treadmill slowly where I an concentrate on my gait. The saga continues. I have "significantly" low iron and now have to see gastro dr. Feel great though. Must make appointment for that one-year check-up on the knee. Have you done that yet?

Like you, I find the thought of going under the knife for anything elective is appalling to me. I went to the dr.for my back and she mentioned epidurals and possible surgery, plus some more drugs, and I said no, no, and no. I'm fairly vain but it amazes me what some will do to retain their youthful appearance. And I know I'm a coward when it comes to stuff like that.
Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 154
I'm going to try and post a better picture with Jim

And you did. That is a REALLY nice picture of you both. Dorothy you honestly don't look your age. I know people often say that to be kind, but it's true.

Re. getting a tattoo. One of our very respected tv reporters got one a few months back. He is over 70 and very much upper class. It made the headlines. When asked why he'd done it he said something to the effect that it was fun and why not, particularly as nobody could say you will regret it in later life.

You know I'm interested in psychology. Things like this intrigue me. I think its folk saying `look there's still life in me', and of course its true. So I would say do it if you feel like it - mind you I would say that to practically anything so long as it didn't involve hurting oneself or somebody else.

Being low in iron, can that be remedied by eating certain foods (like liver) and maybe taking supplements? That may have contributed to your feeling tired some while back??

There is no one year check up on my knee. At the 3 month stage I was discharged. I will only get to see a surgeon now if I go to my GP complaining that something is wrong. But Dorothy, I don't know if something is wrong, or if things are just taking there time. The Bonesmart opinion seems to be that I should get a second opinion; that at nearly 12 months I should have NO difficulty walking. I am scared. I just keep hoping and preying that the discomfort I get will go. Its not as if things are that bad, its just that they are not too good either. Anyways its still 13 days off the one year date - so fingers crossed.

When you have your one year check up, what exactly will you say when asked how things are? C
 
Carol, Thank you for your compliments, that picture was taken about four years ago and I was about 30 lbs. heavier than I am now. I noticed how Bonesmart just automatically rolled me over to 70. I'm trying very hard to keep the weight off, but I've definitely got my appetite back. Went to an Italian potluck last night, and then watched "Under the Tuscan Sun". Back to weight watchers tomorrow, a group of us are going and I can't believe I actually look forward to exercising. Did a water therapy class last week which was like yoga stetching in the water.

I'm already taking supplements for iron, etc. My GP thinks it has something to do with my reflux problem so I have to have endoscopy to find out what's going on. As far as your knee goes, have you noticed any slight improvement? If not, I'm inclined to believe there may be something that is not right with your knee. I do know that I have talked to several people here who say it just keeps getting better, and I feel that's the way mine is going. But it's your knee, and if it were me I would pursue getting another opinion. I've got to make my appointment and hopefully the dr. will not mention the revision word to me again. My knee is not perfect but at this stage I am happy with what I've achieved and as long as I keep busy, I don't worry about the knee so much. I'm going to make sure the dr. examines my knee thoroughly, as he did the last time where he picked up on the loose ligament, and I know he will check my strength and ROM and flexion. Also, going to ask him about the bruising I still have on the outside of my knee. It has lessened but still there.

Going to see Janel and Deb today. I always look forward to that. We went to see "The Monuments Men" yesterday. Good movie - Is is playing there yet? It's amazing how they saved so much of the Masters art during World War II.
Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy
 
I'm trying very hard to keep the weight off

In the photo you said you were 30 lbs heavier than you are now. But you look great at that weight so I can't understand the need for weight watchers. I know it helps our knees to be lighter etc. but ..............

Hope you enjoyed your visit to see the girls. Will they approve/disapprove of a tattoo? And what does Jim think?

As I mentioned before I would never have cosmetic surgery, but if I did have it, the first thing I would have done is SMALLER breasts so that I could dispense with bras. Not that they are particularly large :heehee: (deja vu Mutley), but because of gravity, I always have to wear a bra when I go out. I find bras are instruments of torture. I've had all sorts including sports bras and I loathe them all. First thing I do when I get home is TAKE THE XXXX THING OFF. Am I alone? @Dabber @Bionic woman2 How do you find wearing a bra?
 
I think I was BORN wearing a bra. I did tried the "liberty bell" approach back in the 80's and now I'm pretty close to being able to tuck my Quadruple D's into my pants and put on a nice belt. :rotfl: So for me it's a love/hate relationship. I NEED TO WEAR A BRA, the plus side is that they make my stomach look smaller... Although I'm not sure which one. :scratch:

Ok, so mine aren't really that big-n-bad. I exaggerated a cup size and the belt thingy, but losing and gaining weight over the years has taken their toll on them. Sooooo, if I were to have cosmetic surgery, the first I would do is let "Love Lift Us Up Where BELO-ONNNG! Queue the musicians. :heehee:



I love this man btw, he reminds me of my daddy.
 
Never wear one at home unless company is coming. The minute I come home for work - it comes off. Can't stand them except when I have to for work or going out.
 
:yikes::yikes::yikes: I agree, Let's burn the bra's...I have 1 for Weddings & Funerals:happydance:Otherwise, I
Am " Au Natural".....maybe we can use this as the final Dance move:dancy:In our flash mob.
What do you all think ?
@patient 99 @BionicWoman2 @turtle68
In my younger days ( Last Week ) :loll:I've been known to Flash a few folks :shocked:
I told you I was "COOL":martini:
No one ever complained either:yahoo:
Diana.......:snow dig:
 
No no no no no! I always wear mine, even when in hospital. Always, being a big girl.:giggle:
 
I always wear mine

This means one of two things. Either you have found the holy grail ie, a comfortable bra, or you are a martyr to vanity. So Miss Sue which is it. I am digging here 'cause I think I may have found a crack in your always sensible personna:dancy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom