TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, Carol I can't find your cool thing. I've done so many crazy, cool things (some I DARE not mention online :shocked:or EVER again. :no-fin: So for starters, when I went into labor with my youngest son on his due date (who's name means.. Cool breeze over the mountains, and we call him cool breeze. Which is a blessing and a curse when you're a teenager because he moves so slow.:hissy:) anyway my water had broke while I was sleeping, once I realized what happening I got up and drove by myself 30+ miles to the hospital. (Longer story) It was just me and a midwife in the room, I was not going to take any drugs because I wasn't in much pain. However, she decided we should induce labor so I had epidural. This what the most peaceful and coolest labor experience I had. It was beautiful.

Now for the cool wild side. This probably is nowhere near the coolest thing I've done but this is what I can remember right now. When I was young (early 20's) I used to dress in ripped up leather and lace, and wear a WHIP for a belt. I wore earrings I made out of chicken bones (cleaned polished/painted) I would also wear a painted turkey bone on top of my hair, like Pebbles from the Flintstone. I carried a Lunch Box for a purse, and I wrote on the back of it... OUT TO LUNCH and NOT COMING BACK! :rotfl: I also had a long extension braid pass my derrière, and I strategically placed a bell and button on it "just so" on tail of it that said, "kiss my a$&" lol I rode the NYC subway like this, and if I caught someone starring at me, or pointing at me to their friend, I would politely pick the button up and allow them to read it. :rofsign: That may qualify for the craziest thing I've ever done department, but I still think it was way cool. :egypdance:

Let me know if I need to up my game with my clubbing days, where I would head straight to the stage upon arrival and dance.:happydance:Or, my time living in the Caribbean. Yeah Mon! :egypdance::martini::egypdance:

"Droppin the Mic, but staying on the stage for applause." GOOGLE IT Carol! Lol
 
I love this video by the way, but Carol might be mad at us for posting it on her page, "Ice Cold D'Diana" We better hide.... :scary:
 
So @BionicWoman2,

I see you still have your sense of humor intact! Diana and I are fighting over Peyton Manning!:rotfl:

Carol,

How are you doing? I haven't checked in lately!:angel:
 
I haven't checked in lately

No you haven't. But nice to hear from you. As you're here. Are you going to give enter the `coolest thing you ever did competition'? At present we have entries from turtle68, Dabber, new knee in June, Bionic woman 2 and me. I have to say if I'd known the standard was going to be so high I would have upped my game. Carol
 
strategically placed a bell and button on it "just so" on tail of it that said, "kiss my a$&"

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
You know I just realised how much I've missed you.

Leather and lace and a whip for a belt. I bet you took no prisoners in those days - what am I saying! You aint lost it girl.

Goes without saying your `coolest thing I've ever done' entry is good. But D'Diana is a close contender. I think perhaps you will need to up your game. So let's hear about those clubbing days. Yeah Mon.

ps: when I was young I got a job in a night club. It was a bunny club modelled on the Playboy Bunny Clubs run by Hugh Hefner. But the club in Newcastle was much more down market. I had to wear the full outfit - ears, bunny tail etc. (the ears never looked quite right with my glasses :heehee: ). It didn't last long. I got fed up with folk pulling my tail and stroking my ears. Shame 'cause the tips were good.
 
but Carol might be mad at us for posting it on her page,

As if. BTW I googled `Droppin the Mic'. Its got attitude. I was telling my sister how you are always telling me to `google it'. We were out shopping the other day and she was telling me something I didn't understand. She said `google it, Carol'. We fell about laughing.
 
@patient 99
Carol, I sent you a man gift:happydance:Unfortunately I sent him to @BionicWoman2 on her forum.
Dressing up like a Bunny is Awesome:yay: Now, I know where that "Peter Cottontail" moment
Of yours comes from:rotfl::rofsign::rotfl: You may still be in the running....Good Luck:egypdance::egypdance:
Maybe one day I will ski dressed like a Bunny:yahoo:
Diana....AKA.....COOL BREEZE......:snow dig:
 
@patient 99

Do you have a date for your operation and did you get any feedback on the newer posh type of op?

How is the superloo? I was thinking if we took out our bidet and loo and had a combination one, I could fit in a wetroom type shower in my en-suite. I was also thinking of having a lift through my old boiler space (kitchen) up into the old airing cupboard space (landing)....lots of thinking going on and amused looks from Dh!!

Dabs :happydance:
 
Do you have a date for your operation

Hi Sue, I went on the 17th and the biopsy confirmed it is a skin cancer. I'm waiting for a letter telling me which of the 3 options they will offer me. Option 1: dig a big hole in my head to ensure all the cancer is removed Option 2: Mohs surgery where a much smaller hole is made and Option 3: Radiotherapy: Whilst I like the sound of this one best, the drawback is that they can't guarantee all of the cancer is removed, and if any is left it can come back much more aggressively.

Given that its such a little spot on my head that causes me absolutely no discomfort I just want to ignore it - particularly as its even smaller than ever now, as they removed a chunk for the biopsy. Normally I would be on the phone now asking for action. But I'm not. It all seems like a sledge hammer to crack a nut.

Your ideas for converting your bathroom sound great. The super loo is still very much a novelty, but it does what its supposed to eg, acts as a douche, blows warm air to dry your bottom (although a bit too slowly for me). The heated seat seems totally unnecessary. It has its own night light, which might be useful to some people, but not to me. Oh and one drawback. Unlike standard loos you can't sit on it with the lid down. I wanted it for the douche and it works very well. I'm still getting used to having a wet room. If you go down this path you absolutely MUST get a Karcher Window Vacuum. You run it over the shower screen and the floor and it leaves everything streak free and completely dry - £60 from John Lewis.

You mentioned having a lift installed. Wow Wow Wow. You gotta practice slow hand waves (like the Queen) as you glide upwards and downwards. xx Carol
 
Awww Carol..... Thanks!:blush:

But that isn't a story like the stories that these "young" women are telling!

I am down to 269.7 pounds from 435 though, so I am proud of myself! At 200 I am going to see about skin removal surgery!:happydance:
 
@turtle 68 @Dabber @Bionic woman2 @new knee in June

RESULTS OF THE `COOLEST THING I EVER DID' COMPETITION

This was a very difficult competition to judge. The entries were awesome. After long and careful consideration I can now announce the WINNER.......................drum roll. The Winner of the 2014 CTED Competition is............................... DIANA AKA COOL BREEZE. WILD APPLAUSE. Skiing in the NUDE met all of the competition's criteria - Cool in every sense. Congratulations. Kisses and a Bouquet coming your way.
 
@patient 99
I am truly honored to have won the 2014 CTED Award:egypdance::yay: To my legions of fans:bow::bow::bow:
I accept this award, with my head held high:spin:"I am officially " Cooler, than Cool":yes!:You can send
My trophy in the mail....Express, Please:cheers:
Carol,
When you said...."Every time I look in the toilet, I will think of you" I completely lost it:rotfl::loll::rofsign:
What a great way to remember me:yahoo:
Sincerely,
Diana...AKA..."COOL BREEZE":martini:I'm so COOL I'm Frozen:snow dig:
 
I'm glad you have the results of the biopsy and will be moving forward to have this taken care of.
 
I met an old friend the other day. She told me she was going into hospital. It turns out she is going to hospital to have cosmetic surgery - on her neck and hands. She's already had an eye lift and a nose job. She said reshaping her nose was particularly painful, her whole face was black and blue. They broke her nose in 2 places. But to be fair I have to say she did look good.

Does this amaze you as much as it does me? When I think of all the suffering we've had with our knees, the thought of voluntarily going under the knife to look younger is a definite NO, NO. But may be I am just a coward.
 
no no no not a coward. One thing, knee surgery was necessary and also painful. Cosmetic surgery not necessary.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom