TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched The Prisoner on Netflix and it comes up The Prisoner or How I failed to Kill Tony Blair. Is that the same one. I have a feeling it is not.
 
I like your new names is it going to be King Kong, Running Bear, or how about Amazon Woman

Hi Dorothy, The Prisoner is very, very old. It was brilliant in its day, but probably seems very dated now. As Dabs mentioned it was set in Wales with Patrick McGowan (sp?) I think. Amazon woman1 is a good name,
but Bionic woman2 might think I was in competition with her, and I'm not daft enough to go up against her - have you heard what's she's like after a drink or two?
 
patient 99 Carol,
I have just received your manuscript for the movie about your shrinking foot :) I do have a question about
My attire ( remember I am playing your podiatrist) ? The script has me dressing in a short frock & wearing
Red stilloett shoes 4 inches high :yikes:
Now, I am willing to do anything to make this movie a success :blush: but, I am afraid I will upstage you &
Toothfairy. :rotfl: :rotfl:
The script also has me :martini: :martini: a lot. I don't drink but will make an exception for this role :whistle:
Can you say....Academy Award winner for 2014 , actress of the year :yay: :yay: :yes!:
Gotta get back to my acting coach,
Cheers,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Can you say....Academy Award winner for 2014 ,
actress of the year

Diana Darling, I would have been delighted to, but apparently somebody called Daniel Day Lewis has beaten us to it with his film My Left Foot. Can you return the 4" stilettos and the frock by recorded delivery.

Life's a complain.
 
Carol, I'm going to watch the one how the failing of the prisoner who failed to kill Tony Blair. It's supposed to be a documentary, and I'm going to google the other one. I'm still waiting to hear about the shoe fitting.

Dorothy
 
Hi Carol. Sorry youre disappointed about the film. Missed opportunity or what. How's the tight band feeling. Getting any better. My second Christmas here on Bonesmart and I must admit I'm coping so much better than last year. This operation must have the longest road to recovery ever and I wonder how many of us would do it if we knew beforehand. I'm just glad my right knee is behaving and I don't have to think about having that done yet. I really don't think I could cope with that just yet . Hope you're looking forward to Christmas. I'm all prepared and looking forward to a better one than last year. Take care Carol. :ereindeer: :santa: :snowman: :reindeer:
 
This operation must have the longest road to recovery ever

Hi Pat, Its true. But why didn't they tell us at the outset? All that nonsense about the first 6 weeks are the worst and then it just gets better and better. I've just finished reading a post where the person is at 10 weeks and working themselves into a depression because things are happening so slowly. I've tried to reassure them that they are making fantastic progress if they only but knew it.

I've still got my tight band, but I've had it so long it feels like an old friend rather than an enemy. I am a lot better, I know it, but when I walk I can still feel all the bits in side moving, gripping etc. When I lift my knee I can feel the band tighten, same when I walk up/down stairs. And the most important thing of all I still can't dance - although I practice like mad in the kitchen. I just don't have the freedom of movement required to keep to the beat. But while it is not there yet I feel so much better in myself. If someone were to say to me now `You will get there', I probably wouldn't want to murder them as I would have in the past <chuckle>.

I can tell you are feeling a lot better too. It comes across in your messages. Those grandchildren are obviously better than any medication or exercise . It must be a hard role to be granny. So often wives don't like there mother in law. All the more reason all our years of experience have to be applied. You have to bob and weave like someone at a UN summit. But I'm sure you are up to it. Take Care, Pat, look after the other knee so you don't have another TKR to cope with. My very best wishes to you. Carol
 
I'm still waiting to hear about the shoe fitting.
Hi Dorothy, Well I went yesterday, but it wasn't quite what I expected. Bear in mind I have never had a pair of shoes made for me before. Because I think they are so expensive I thought everything would posh and I'd be offered at least 4 different kinds of tea. Instead it was a dingy little room that the shoemaker uses once a month when he visits Tunbridge Wells. He wasn't big on hygiene either. He handled my feet with his bare hands and when it came to measurements he expected me to put my foot down on the floor - the same floor that other patients had had their feet on. I asked for a bit of kitchen paper.

It was also a bit strange when he came to take measurements. I thought it would all be high tech. But no. He had me put my foot on a sheet of paper and he drew round it! I was a bit reluctant to leave the £200 deposit he asked for. But I did. I am desperate. With the TKR, more than ever do I need shoes that fit. He said the last would be ready at the end of January, which is when he will do a first fitting. The thing is I could go to London and get all the bells and whistles of a posh London shop, but that is completely out of my price bracket. Its disappointing that I wont have them for the few christmas outings I'll be going to, but that's my fault for leaving it to the last minute. But honestly I wasn't up to it earlier in the year.

Fingers crossed it all comes good. Carol
 
I googled The Prisoner and it is an old movie made in 1955. It sounds interesting. Sounds like you had an interesting experience with the shoe many - do they still call themselves cobblers, or am I confused as always. Just think, though, by the time they're ready you'll be ready to dance. Fingers and toes crossed. Dorothy
 
Thank you Carol. Yes I am a lot happier these days. Looking back I think you were right. I wAs a little depressed. When you mentioned it a while ago I thought No way but trying to cope with length of recovery, the lack of ROM progress and family issues it did all get to me. These days I wake up happier and enjoy my days. Your posts did amuse me though. You have a lovely sense of humour. And to make you feel better I cud never ever dance.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I've been to Port Merion where the television series The Prisoner was made. I also used to enjoy it. Didnt really enjoy the visit there tho. My three boys decided to play hide and seek and went missing for three hours. My head was in a shed. Quite a day out that was


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
robynhood Toothfairy @Diana new knee in June

We are going to be such a hit when we all get our acts together. I've been out practicing whilst Christmas shopping, and while I do get some funny looks, I'm getting stronger every day. Pat your grandchildren are beautiful, you are so lucky to have them nearby. Mine are 1200 miles away and I haven't seen them at Christmastime since they moved to Wisconsin. Toothfairy, I'm glad your return to work after your 2nd TKR has gone so well. Diana, you will definitely upstage me. It seems as though losing 45 lbs has not improved my ability to wear certain things, and I don't know what I'm going to do for a frock and shoes. Maybe I'll just get out my old mink jacket which I can no longer wear in public, and have something else made out of it so it will look fake and dance to "Diamonds are a girls best friend". Carol, you do have a great sense of humor and wit. I think I'll try and get you on Jon Stewart show here, you'd be great with John Oliver, who is from the U.K. and they do wonderful satirical humor, mostly making fun of politicians.

Dorothy
 
And to make you feel better I cud never ever dance.

Pat, its not that I'm that good believe me. But I don't care a fiddlers man if I'm enjoying myself. My husband cant/wont dance, but at certain times (like New Year's eve) he's been known to have a go. He stands on the spot and jumps up and down - sometimes quite high <giggle>. Its a sight for sore eyes. It doesn't matter what the music is, fast or slow, he just keeps bobbing up and down. He wouldn't do it sober of course - whereas I would. One of the great things about getting older, you don't have to worry about creating the right impression - there's got to be some perks, 'cause there sure are a lot of drawbacks <wink>. Carol
 
I googled The Prisoner and it is an old movie made in 1955

Hi Dorothy, No this is still not the right one. The one leejaa was referring to was a tv series (not a film) - of course for all I know it could have been based on the movie. I am trying to think what year it was on the tv (I'm bad at dates). I must have been around 26 so that's around 1973.

by the time they're ready you'll be ready to dance.

that sounds like a round about way of saying `you will get there'. And you know we are not supposed to say that to each other any more <chuckle>. But it just might be true.

How you getting on with your unpacking and getting things the way you want them - still work in progress? Carol
 
Carol, I saw the series when I googled also. Just too much on the internet for my little brain to comprehend. And I misspoke about the dancing. After all, you are already dancing. Unpacking and the house are coming along nicely. Still some boxes of mostly books, and pictures in the garage, but we'll take care of those after Christmas. We're going to have cabinets built in laundry room for big kitchen stuff, etc. The electrician is supposed to come this afternoon to install rest of lighting and new dining chandelier. I'll send a picture when it's hung. But yes, it's a work in progress - that seems to be the way of home ownership.

Dorothy
 
Another day, another medical. Off to see a man about the bump on my head (doesn't that just sound like something Inspector Clueso would say). If I leave like the invisible man (completely bandaged head except for eye holes and gaps around the ears for my specs) I am cancelling christmas.

carol parent (CP) Carol, grow up
carol child (CC) but everybody will laugh at me if I turn up in a party frock and a completely bandaged head
CP look everybody laughs at you already, so no change there then
CC Did I ever tell you, you can be very cruel at times!
 
Carol talking to yourself is bad enough but answering yourself is quite worrying . How did you get on? Hope it went ok. Sorry cant do any festive or any other icons on my phone havent figured out how to do it yet.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hello Carol, I hope everything went well yesterday. Take care,
Toothfairy x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom