Guest viewing is limited

TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be fascinated to hear any other explanations about your
shrinking left foot.

News on the street is that they might make a movie about it. Do you want to be in it? But I have to tell you straight, you can't upstage ME by doing any of your flying fairy frolocks. Carol

you put your left foot in, your left foot out, in out in out shake it all about....................
 
Yes please, I promise to behave :whistle:
Hope you are having a good day,
Toothfairy x
 
My hair, touch wood, is OKish. I do have peripheral neuropathy...an unwanted side effect....tingling and numbness in my fingers and foot on operated leg, have I said that, I've also got spectacular chemo foggy brain, where I say the same thing over and over again like a stuck record.
BUT, have you got your new loo?

patient 99
 
I would try to help but I think my shoe size is 39.5 Euro. They call me Big Foot. If if makes you feel any better, Carol, any pants I buy were before surgery about 1-1/2 inches shorter on the right side, now only about 3/4 but they still require alteration. A little bit easier than custom shoes, but the OS told me before surgery it was from my "twisted" knee. At least my right foot doesn't turn out like a duck paddle anymore.

And yes, what kind of prize did you have in mind for being the first?

Dorothy
 
That's not big I'm 41 or UK 7 1/2.....I did have operated leg foot so big I couldn't get my shoe on but that was with the lymphoma. It's back to being size 41 now.
 
Oh don't you just hate it when you write a long message and the computer swallows it:tantrum:

Hi Sue, good news about your hair. Potted version of long message to you and turtle68

Shoe size 7.5. I've just readjusted my mental image of you. You have grown 3". You are still cute. Just bigger cute. Dorothy, the same is true for you. With a shoe size 39.5 (6.5) I have added inches to your height too. You are now 5ft 6inches. I am 5ft 3.5inches - well I was before all this shrinking started.

You asked what prize I'd like for being the first Bonesmartie to have a shrinking foot following TKR. The FAME will suffice. They will talk about me on BS for decades to come. Remember Patient 99 the one who got shrinking foot. I've half a mind to challenge anybody to match my unique accomplishment. Long hairs growing on the operated knee doesn't come close - lots of folk have that. The same is true of making clunking noises when you walk. I am going to be a hard act to beat :dancy: , particularly as Bionic woman2 is otherwise engaged. Carol

ps: the gobbled up post was so much better than this. Full of wise words and wisdom. And some of the funniest stuff you will ever have heard in your entire life. Sorry for your loss.
 
Well you see I'm 5ft 7 1/2 so in proportion, well with feet, the rest of me isn't. I used to be slim a long time ago.
It is annoying when the computer eats posts....mine went through a phase of crashing recently.
I think you'll get the incredible shrinking foot prize wadayawant??
Dabs.:rofsign:
 
I guess I don't know what my shoe size is in the U.K. In the U.S. is 8-1/2 narrow. Oh well at least I've had skinny feet all my life (not necessarily the rest of the body), and I'm 5'6" tall. Still have not much appetite and losing weight. And permit me to whine a little as I have another urinary tract infection, and it's driving my crazy. At least lots of exercise going to the loo, but not feeling like going out to get things done. Thank God for the internet.

Jim is out golfing - yes it's 80 degrees here but going to have a high in the 40's tomorrow (F), so no wonder we're getting sick all the time. Hope you're all having a good day. Doing my best here.

Dorothy
 
Hi Dorothy, Oh no. Another UTI! It can be so debilitating. Presumably you are drinking gallons of water and taking antibiotics. Natural yoghurt and cranberry juice are thought to help too. It is so painful and you can't do anything because you can't go far from the loo. How long have you had it? It should clear up quickly with the right antibiotics. Although I understand that more and more bacterias are developing immunity to antibiotics. Scary stuff.

Hope you get a proper night's sleep. Carol
 
Hi Carol, Yes it's really miserable, my dr. was great and started me on the antibiotics before test results. Definitely positive, just waiting for the culture results. It's my bad as I cancelled further testing I was supposed to have a year ago but I am going to see urologist next Friday and will get this straightened out. I'm doing the yogurt and probiotics and gallons of water but hopefully this will clear it up for awhile. I've had it for about a month with relief the week we moved in.

I do sleep well as I take a sleep aid most night, and sleep with a CPAP which keeps me from waking up so much to pee. I'm telling you I hate this getting older, and it would have to be life-threatening before I had surgery again. Meanwhile Jim is assembling our new tree, so I will keep occupied decorating that. Did you order those shoes yet and how's your knee behaving?

Dorothy
 
Carol, I have been reading your posts for most of the year and yet it just hit me Patient 99 and why something about it sounds so familiar to me - it makes me think of the old show "The Prisoner" where everyone was a number. Did you every watch it? Lee
 
Hey ladies, I would make a funny comment about Carol's incredibly shrinking foot, if I wasn't on hold waiting for the Whambulance to pick up. :sos: Had REALLY rough day and I'm about to go to sleep and dream of a better tomorrow... queue the Annie soundtrack. :cry:
 
Sorry Carol someone's already pinched your idea for a film. You could always call your yours My Shrinking Left Foot and put your photo instead of his


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart® [Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
 
I've seen The Prisoner and been to erm, Portmeirion, quite an extraordinary place. We have awful weather here in the UK, storms and strong winds, we're expecting a tidal surge in some seaside places tonight. Trains all stopped, trees down.
My favourite place in the UK is Northumberland, Herefordshire is lovely and unspoit too.
Sue.
 
I hope I get to see it all someday when we retire. I know you should not postpone things but not enough time off right now and not enough funds right now. I do get wanderlust to travel more than I have.
 
hit me Patient 99 and why something about it sounds so familiar to me
Hi leejaa I was a big fan of The Prisoner. I have no conscious recollection of why I hit on this name. Something deep in my subconscious. I was at my lowest possible place when I found BS. I felt for all the world like a faceless, nameless cripple. So perhaps Patient 99 was apt. But what would I call myself today - nearly 10 months post op and doing quite well? Several names come to mind - King Kong, Running Bear, Fred........

What about you leejaa? I am guessing that yours is a combination of first name and surname?
 
My favourite place in the UK is Northumberland,
Dabs when you are all better we will have to pay a visit to Northumberland (my birth place). But not to the usual attractions like Holy Island and Bamborough. Oh no, we will visit the `hot spots' of Newcastle's Big Market. Every weekend, irrespective of how cold it is (minus 3 and worse) you have to put on your stiletto heels, and your shortest frock (never, ever wear a coat) and hit the town - you up for it?
 
You could always call your yours My Shrinking Left Foot

Pat, I've half a mind to sue. Who is this Daniel Day Lewis anyway.

Pleased to hear things are improving a little on the family front. Fingers crossed it continues. Carol
 
leejaa Dabber Interesting about the origin of user names. What do yours represent? Mine is turtle68 because my last name is Tortorice, and we have been called turtles, especially my husband. I added the Speeding Along to my thread when I was doing so well at 8 weeks and way overdid it. And, Carol, I'm going to look into The Prisoner. Is that a British series? Also, I like your new names is it going to be King Kong, Running Bear, or how about Amazon Woman? Looking forward to hearing a out the shoe fitting.

Dorothy :kittykiss: The kitty kisses are from Einstein, my killer, I mean healer,cat

[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
 
daughter stalker no message. Just pleased as punch that I can now tag successfully.

ps: my house needs a clean, there's ironing to do and I'm putting on weight. Can you tell me how to put these things right too?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom