TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carol, I totally understand the "down times." Not having any sunshine can only add to the blues. Glad you got a glimpse of it today :SUNsmile: so you can look on the bright-side. Besides, looking on the bright-side can be overrated at times, especially in the midst of a rough time. There are times that I wanna tell the "look on the Bright-side people" to KMA in Macy's window. (Google it. lol) Sometimes I am one of the "look on the Bright-side people" in which case I can KMOA in Macy's window. :umm: That feat would take a whole lot more ROM than I currently have and definitely beat the "leg wrapping" thing. :rotfl:


Now, about the Christmas dress you just purchased...:tada: dish please... details, details. :yes: What color is it? etc. I need to know what shoes to be on the look out for, for you. Speaking of Christmas, my new favorite movie is Love Actually, a British romantic comedy. If you haven't seen, please do... you'll laugh, you'll cry. If you have seen it, see it again! It's worth it. Think I'm about to watch it again now. :bicycle2:
 
Hi Carol,
I just popped by to see how you are doing. What a good idea to get yourself a Christmas outfit.
Have you tried Hotter shoes? They are extremely comfortable. Might be worth a try.
Hope you are having a good week,
Take care,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :flwrysmile:
 

Cooee!!!! Dabs just what are you on?

I went to the hospital yesterday about a lump on my head (reminds me of Clueso `you 'ave a bump on ye hed' all said in a french accent) Sue how do you say I have a lump on my head in french? Anyways it turns out to be a skin cancer, probably caused by sun burn many years ago. I didn't get any sense that it was serious. They just cut it out and fill the hole with a skin graft. The downside is that you end up with a bald patch about the size of a 20pence coin - the hair never regrows. Loosing any amount of hair isn't fun for us girls.

I tell you I am pretty fed up with all of these scars I'm left with. I am doing my utmost to hold back the ravages of time, and these blokes keep cutting me up. If I were to try and join a street gang, I'd get instant RESPECT once they saw all my scars. May be I should go the whole hog and get some tattoos too - a big one right across my upper body saying `IF YOU COULD SEE ME THROUGH MY EYES I WOULDN'T LOOK UGLY AT ALL' What do you think?

Every time I message you about my troubles I am minded of the fact that you are having to deal with so much more. But I have come to the conclusion (rightly or wrongly), that as much as possible should continue as normal - and my dear Dabber, moaning is the norm for me <chuckle>
 
Have you tried Hotter shoes?

Hi Toothfairy, still progressing well I hope? Yes I've tried Hotter. I buy Hotter, Echo or Clarks in the main, but they aren't pretty evening shoes are they? A pair of ballerinas would be great, but I have broad feet and they all come up too tight. I think I will try and get the best fit I can, and then take them to the cobblers and see if they can stretch them - alternatively I could get a pair of moon boots and trip the light fantastic in them. You know I am increasingly beginning to see the advantages of wearing a burka .
 
KMA in Macy's window. (Google it. lol)

googled it, but got nothing that fitted. Please decode. You wanted a description of the christmas dress I bought. Well actually Raqia it isn't a dress as such. Its a two piece. The top is a black lace bra. The bottom is a pair of black lace hot pants. To jazz it up a bit I bought a jewel to put in my navel. I just hope its not all a bit understated. What do you think? Any suggestions to glam it up would be most welcome.

I've seen Love Actually. Not bad, but a bit too sweet for my tastes. Did you ever see Cabaret with Liza Minelli? Its old, but like Love Actually it makes you laugh and cry, but against a raw background - the music's good too.

Have you seen the message from kneesrus re treating knees with hot packs? He's a PT and says he has been having some success in loosening tight tendons using hot packs. I think I'll give it a go. My knee is coming along quite well, but it could be a whole lot more flexible than it is.

ps: saw something really amazing the other day. I LOVE gadgets. My friend has just bought a car that PARKS ITSELF. Isn't that just amazing. He gave me a demo. and it works every time. All you have to do is drive past the space you want to park in. This tells the car what it needs to know. Then you just press a button and the car does the rest!!!! I am a terrible parker. I usually need a space as big as a bus. Sure would like one of these babies, but it isn't going to happen. What about you any wishes for christmas?
 
Dabs just what are you on?
Steroids my dear, 20 a day sometimes and very good they are too! I've just managed to stab myself doing my complicated injection, I won't get a job as a phlebotomist. Now 2 days downtime with flu-like symptoms.
Skin cancer, not good neither is hole in the head! :console2:
We're falling apart, some of us quicker than others. :whistle: I have a numb sole of foot on operated leg, peripheral neuropathy already?? I did have a little numbness left from the spinal block.
I could wear moon boots, would they work for our Flash Dance Bionic woman2 ?? You must say, we could have bells on them :rofsign:
 
Can I come in with my Christmas Wish list.....I've asked for the most boring old lady items from family who are all strapped for cash this year with nursery fees.....fluffy socks, a kitchen timer and a door stop.
Now Dh is getting a trip to France, sneeky that but needs must......hard life! I've asked for an Opera Cake (without soggy bottom) sweet white wine although wine and chemo don't mix, so will be shelved for a while, mendiants and something from the taxidermy shop.
A job for our son would be really nice too.
Sorry I've hijacked your thread.
Dabs.:dancy:
 
Hello patient 99,

I sympathize with you on the shoe front! I am exactly the same and have so many shoes that feel comfortable in the shops but as soon as I get them home they morph into a entirely different shoe!! I have been looking for something for a forth coming wedding. Unfortunately, I can't wear heels any more, well only small ones. When i think of the shoes I used to wear in my youth! I always said I'd never been seen in granny shoes and yes, that's exactly what I end up with most of the time!! If you find anything let me know!
Your Christmas outfit sounds wonderful. Lace hotpants, very trendy!:heehee:
 
Hi Carol, Dabber Toothfairy Bionic woman2 I was very excited to see you all chatting on this thread this morning, so I wrote a long, babbling post, which is very unusual for me, got interrupted and when I went back to it, it was gone. Oh well, so much for my being clever.

Carol, your Christmas outfit sounds wonderful, And understated? Only Beyonce' and her chums could get away with that in Houston. I especially like the jewel for the navel. Your post was right on Bionic Women, I've had a rough week emotionally and have been trying to play the Pollyana, but you hit the nail on the head -sometimes you just have to say "it sucks" and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Sue, I would like some of the strength and courage you have, but remember you don't have to be brave all the time. I like your Christmas list and would love to know what an "Opera Cake" is. Also mendiants? I like to surprise my British friends here with terms I learn from you all, or that would be all you all in Texas.

And Toothfairy, it sounds like you are too ready for Christmas. I haven't even thought about that - our Thanksgiving is so late this year, the stores are already starting "Black Friday". We probably won't be unpacked by then. Moving day is next Friday, and we're very excited (except for the moments I break down in tears.) I'm still on an antiobotic for UTI and it, along with everything else, is making me crazy. Fortunately, the knee is doing okay. I've discovered something interesting. I've been on Lipitor for cholesterol for awhile now, and if I don't take it at night, the next day I have little or no pain. Do any of you have experience with this?

Meanwhile, I'm going to try and post just one picture of our new home showing the fireplace and hardwood floor. [Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
 
Dorothy, what is going on?? In the picture the floor is where the ceiling usually is, and fireplace is upside down. Don't worry I'll stand on my head to get a good look. :heehee: 6 days to go and counting. xx
 
I always said I'd never been seen in granny shoes and yes, that's exactly what I end up with most of the time!! If you find anything let me know!

I know exactly what you mean. I always said I'd never sleep with an OAP and yes, that's exactly what I end up doing ALL of the time. My mother never prepared me for any of this. How about your Mum, did she explain the facts of life to you? Carol

ps: you can have shoes made to measure. I've checked it out online, but at £1000 plus a pair I think I will just have to paint my feet black and tie a ribbon round my big toe.
 
Steroids my dear, 20 a day sometimes

As many as that. I had no idea. I thought nothing could be harder than coping with a TKR, but I suspect you would disagree.

Like Dorothy I have no idea what an Opera Cake is or mendiants . Is `something from the taxidermy shop' street slang meaning something rude? Come on Sue help us out. Its usually Bionic woman2 who gets me to google stuff, but you're a fellow Brit. We shouldn't be having a language problem.

Re your christmas wish list - fluffy socks, kitchen timer and a door stop. Well OK as far as the fluffy socks go. They can be really cosy, but the other 2 - not sure what to say. Still who am I to talk. Top of my wish list is a petrol-driven leaf blower! Carol
 
Carol, and I thought I had it right side up. Oh well, I'll try again later. Not really good at taking pictures with my i-pad. Maybe I'll find my camera somewhere when we unpack. I think your Christmas outfit will look really good with Clark's - My daughter does have some that are pretty cute. Wedge heel too high for me though.

Some illuminations (I think) have been coming to my mind. I'm about to get my life back and a new one to boot, and this time next week I'll be in our new home - I think I'm really scared inside because I've had so much going on health wise in the last couple of years, i.e. pneumonia, broken pubic bones, pacemaker problems, atrial fibrillation, etc. I'm just so afraid and a little bit paranoid, something else will come up. Whah, Whah, Whah!!! Can you believe I just posted all that for the world to see, and it's brought me to tears and it feels such a relief?

We went down to our new community, and every is so friendly and welcoming. Anyhow, only 6 more days. Yeah!!!

Hugs, Dorothy
 
Well I think your room is lovely, even though we have to stand on our heads inside it.
I think black lace hotpants, bra and a jewel will be delightful, with Clarks shoes especially.
I live a half life in France, didn't you know, I wish.....Opera cake (thin layers of cake built up like a brick) and mendiants (posh chocolate things) are French although they made the cake in the Great British Bake Off, Carol was obviously too busy watching BB. Lets forget taxidermy, they do sell nice gardening books and garden tools there. My timer has broken and our front new door won't stay open long enough for my knee go in and out.
Dorothy you'll bloom in your new house, it sounds delightful, enjoy it. You need bunting and champagne.
I am worried about Carol though, oh I remember she's got a new warm coat and nice warm stockings.
Dabs.
 
I think black lace hotpants, bra and a jewel will be delightful, with Clarks shoes especially.

Sue, thank heaven you knew that I was joking. I was starting to feel embarrassed.

How are you managing being confined to barracks? In the early days post op I stayed in a lot, and I found I got a lot of aches and pains just through being inactive. Carol
 
Can you believe I just posted all that for the world to see, and it's brought me to tears and it feels such a relief?

What you are saying is that you are scared to be feeling happy because it may not last. Very understandable. But Dorothy IT WILL LAST if you believe it. 5 days and counting.
 
I'm OK indoors really, weather isn't good is it and I think I don't need to slip outside....eeek! I go very dizzy when I stand.
Going to the hotel again on Sunday with afternoon tea :beer: pinkies at the ready!
They have nice quality magazines in the rooms too.
Still icing and elevating this knee that seems a bit swollen. How is yours? @patient99
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom