TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, in all fairness I missed the Spam joke only because of our cultural differences and I didn't want to offend you. If anyone in the US said that I would either immediately :rofsign:or thought they were ready for an episode of Honey Boo Boo, or Duck Dynasty. lol I have seen neither of those shows by the way, but I'm almost certain they eat Spam. Carol, today I was checking my email and went to delete my Spam folder and thought of you. lol

I literally LOL whenever I read your post, ALL THE WAY THROUGH THEM! unless your down and even it's funny. So don't cancel out world tour, Sue can come as the translator for the audience and We may need to Google a couple of our terms... like you always "Okay, LANGUAGE" when you're unsure of what I mean. lol

Now that we've got that out of the WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??? Hoping down the Bunny trial with Peter. He popped up somewhere on TV or the internet and I immediately thought of you. :rotfl:
 
Well they now have a loo on the market that doubles as a bidet. Once you've done the business, you press a button and it delivers jets of warm water to your derriere - nice you might say. But that's not all. You press a second button and it delivers warm air to dry you - Whaw I'm having one. I'll be on the loo all day.

The toilet/bidet sounds lovely. I'm going to have one connected to this bed I've invented. :yes:

I'm still working on the blueprint but the gist of it is; while you are laying down in bed hitting your snooze button numerous times because you don't want to wake up, :zzz: you push a button and the bed opens up and drops you down into a tub of soapy water. :rotfl: You are then thoroughly scrubbed by sponges :egypdance: (think car wash) rinsed and dried off. A panel then levitates you back up into you bed, (which is now fully made by the way) and it tilts you forward to slide you into your clothes. I didn't stop there, wait for it.... the bed tilts further to force you into a standing position where you put on your shoes. Just then an arm comes out from the side of bed with a basin of water, a hose and toothpaste to brush your teeth. :tada: Voila, you're ready for work. :mcoffee:
I think I'll add the commode/bidet thing into my Brilliant Bed (like the name huh? :umm: )just as the bed opens up. :yes!:

You laugh, but us lazy, technology crazy and entitled Americans will pay out the derriere for this!
I'm gonna be rich! :happydance:

That is indeed enough silliness for one post. Have a good night Carol :sleep:
 
The groin incision is neat but the node they took a bit of is hard and large.
Hi Sue, you sure have a lot on your plate. Tell you what, lets reverse things. Instead of all the HORRIBLE stuff that's going on. Tell me one thing that has pleased you. It can be anything at all, but it can't be pretend. It has to be something that you have truly taken pleasure from.
 
Having time to watch all the episodes of "The Great British Bake Off," my husband making me Thai Green Curry on Friday with a bottle of Chardonnay, fresh tomatoes from the greenhouse, a big hug from my granddaughter this morning.

There's a few!

Someone who's had cancer and extensive cancer suggested making a list of things I want to do, when I can, during treatment, so watch for an update of that. :dancy:
 
Looking forward to that update, and thinking about you as you have your family meeting tomorrow. The chardonnay and curry sound wonderful.

Hugs, Dorothy
 
carol

Your loo sounds wonderful. I get a lot of my exercise here in this 3-story townhome, because there is no loo on the living floor. I really think going up and down the stairs has improved my ROM, although I still don't go down the stairs normally because of the PCL injury. I thought it was healed and then Friday I did leg extensions as the dr.suggested. I'm with you on the exercise thing. There is such a fine line between doing the right thing, even at 8 months.

How is Mike doing with his back? Did you drive the stick shift back? We used to have a '67 Austin Healy and lived in the Foothills in CA and I loved driving that car around the curvy mountain roads. Wouldn't even attempt that now.

Bionic woman2, love your ideas for the toilet/bidet bed connected thing, but I think only the top .5% could afford it. Seriously, though, I don't know why bidets are not usual in the U.S. They are such a good hygienic thing, and would probably help a lot of us who have a tendency to UTI.s not to mention other benefits. Did I really say that?

We're going to a movie this afternoon, Captain Phillips", so looking forward to that.

Mutley Good to hear from you and I'm delighted to hear you're enjoying your seaside home. It sounds lovely and relaxing. Nothing like a little serenity to make life great.

Hugs, Dorothy :kittykiss: :flwrysmile:
 
Tell me one thing that has pleased you. It can be anything at all, but it can't be pretend. It has to be something that you have truly taken pleasure from.
Good idea Carol! Dabber reminds me of a song, so you know what coming next.... Yep! Video Time! :yes!:



I love this song. Below is a pic of one of my favorite things. I made it this morning. :flwrysmile:
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
 
That is indeed enough silliness for one post. Have a good night Carol

Raqia, Whilst I can't always keep up with your posts, I just wanted to tell you that I think your stuff is GREAT. I love reading them, and I love the music clips. Things will probably change when you have to go back to work. You wont have as much time. So I will enjoy reading your messages to me and others while I can. xx Carol

ps: there is no cultural thing separating us sister. We are right on each others wave length.
 
love your ideas for the toilet/bidet bed connected thing, but I think only the top .5% could afford it.

Or maybe we can have the Government pay for it. We could call it "The Affordable Cleanliness Plan." :rotfl: Okay, let's NOT go there.... :no-fin: However, I just saw the breakdown for my new 2014 State Health Benefit Plan through my job. Basically, I pay them in order for me to pay for my Dr's visits. :hissy: Gee Thanks!

Bidets are definitely a necessity though, so sometimes you gotta get creative! :eeeuw:
 
It's at 13.45pm, deep breath! I might take my digital voice recorder so I can play back the meeting and have a more accurate record than memory. I think I might have overdone the "family" bit of the meeting as all 3 children are coming......I'm now told it's a small room!
 
Things will probably change when you have to go back to work. You wont have as much time. So I will enjoy reading messages to me and others while I can. xx Carol
I knowwwwwwwwwwwww :cry: :boohoo: :cry::boohoo:Whaaaaaaaaaaambulance! :tantrum: :cry:

ps: there is no cultural thing separating us sister. We are right on each others wave length.

Indeed we are! :friends: Amazing huh? :angel:
 
Searching on Hulu for The British Bake-off now, I got my fingers crossed that Masterpiece theater.org is showing season 3 of Downton Abbey... checking now :bicycle2:
 
January 5th for Downton Abbey so Sssssssh! No such luck for the bake-off. I do get Paradise on PBS, not sold on that yet. I do like a mystery/detective show called, Death in Paradise.
 
I might have overdone the "family" bit

They will just have to find you a bigger room. You had to have them with you. If they moan about getting you a bigger room, just tell them they are lucky that you didn't bring all your BS chums as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom