TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm off Forum for 1 day and look at all the fun you all are having. Carol, I'm delighted you went to the GP and thet reassured you that everything is okay. I think you're right - less is more - plus for you and me, approaching the 8th month post op month, I'm finally, whilst holding my breadth, willing to admit that we're turning a corner, and think how good we'll be in another 3 months. I mean dancing in the kitchen. You should be in fine shape for Suspicious ly Elvis.

I'm glad you are liking Breaking Bad and I like the Hank character too. Dabber, glad to hear your knee is behaving. Did they start you on steroids yet. I was on prednisone for two weeks and it really helped with the swelling and pain in my knee. And I'm going to have to watch Johny English. We're always looking for something new to watch.

Mutley Are you all settled in? We seem to be getting in moving mode although we still don't have a final date for closing. I'll be so glad when we're settled. I think unpacking is a lot more fun than packing up.

Take care all, and Carol enjoy your break.

Ciao, Dorothy
 
Have you bought Breaking Bad, it sounds good?
At the moment I am very cool and calm, unusually so. I have no idea why, I worry more about other people than about myself, I'm worrying about my husband not getting the retirement he planned, about my children and grandchildren.
I've seen "The Bridge" have you read "The Millennium Triology," be warned it's not an easy/pleasant read in parts? I also liked "The Languedoc Trilogy." My DIL didn't really like either, the first too upsetting, the second too slow. The book I started was absolute drivel, I was glad I'd got it from the library....first time in years, we had to go in for something and I renewed my card then found these 2 books I'd been wanting to read, they're going back ASAP. Back to Kate Morton for my next novel, although they are sooooo long, but light.
Appointments depend, my knee consultant usually sees me early if I arrive early and I never, ever, feel rushed. I think he is very unusual that he doesn't do clinics all over the place, neither is he very booked up.
The latest ones are very variable. I can be seen immediately, but waiting for tests, well I waited 4 days nil by mouth from 12midnight to 5pm in hospital to have the lymph node biopsy. I waited 4 hours in A&E to be put in the assessment ward then 2 nights for a bed on the ward, any ward! I usually have a bit of a wait for scans, but not too bad, maybe 1/2 hour. I generally think a whole day is taken up for an appointment realistically.
I have a week of steroids and another tablet to try to reduce leg swelling, before my big appointment on Monday.

Waiting either to receive an date for an appointment or to see the Dr isn't as bad as it used to be, when you could wait many months then many hours.

I have a date for a bone marrow test, but it's not this Thurs as I hoped, it's next, and I think Chemo decision will depend upon it.
 
Hi Carol,
I have just been catching up with your post.
I am so pleased that you have been to the doctors and are feeling reassured about your progress.
Great news. Even better news that your leg is feeing better too.
I was enjoying your thread and merrily ticking and liking when I remembered! :yikes: sorry for the countless notifications you will now have.
Oops. Have a good day,
Hugs
Toothfairy x :heehee:
 
My sister and I were having a dance in the kitchen today . I stand still and move my arms about all over the place - high, low, back, forwards and little sister does all the foot work. Together we are a whole person. I'm in training for mid January when we attend our annual pilgrimage to see Suspiciously Elvis. We've never done this Me ARMS her FEET form of dancing before - do you think it might catch on?

HAHAHAHAHAHA! love this idea! I use the "make a whole person" expression a lot too... Carol, are you sure we're not related. :what:

As I'm typing right now I just caught the end of a clip about wheel chair expressive dancing. I had been considering creating a chair dance class for the elderly and handicap. Now that I have limited mobility I have a greater appreciation for my limbs and more empathy for those without full use of theirs. I was in the grocery store earlier trying to reach something and I said, thank you Lord that I will not be like this forever. Thankfully my son was with me.

As far as "less is more" I have been rather lazy Carol, sometimes I think too lazy. I just finally had one of those days where you know you did too much. :headbang: It was the weights during P/T and NO, I didn't do them again. Thanks for your input. I have good days and stiff days, for no reason at all. Sometimes I feel I'm too relaxed. It's like this, once my P/T leaves, or I run an errand... I'm done for the day. :thud: If I wake up the next day in "real" pain, then it's gentle stretches and kneecation time! :martini: Today I ran into one of those PRO P/T People you know the ones who've never had KRS, but want to make sure I'm doing my physical therapy. :skep: I politely told her that yes, I am doing it but it's a vicious cycle of loosening and tightening of the joint. P/T not the end-all to recovery. I do need one of the those bikes, because I'm sure it would really help me loosen up, but then I'd probably need to eat, sleep and drink on it. Hear Hear! :cheers2: I'm SICK TO DEATH of Hell Slides! :gaah: When will my knee just WORK, without me having to jump-start it? I've discovered that a nice massage of the kneecap area does wonders. Unfortunately, it's temporary but it helps. Just now, I was elevating my left knee and I had my body twisted towards my laptop to type and ...... Oops! I pulled something on my lower back. My therapist showed me a way to lay on my stomach for a nap to relieve my back pain. I will get on that as soon as I'm done posting, right now I'm icing that too! Old lady Much! lol

Wll have to adjust my mental picture of you to fit that i

Don't hurt yourself. :heehee: I can't figure me out. :scratch: I describe myself as an "outta the box girl" with this explanation... I discovered that I was too big to fit in a box, so I quit trying. :shrug: I watch a little of everything! A while back my son saw me watching an Asian comedy and he was like "mom, I can't believe you're watching that." I explain, people are people all over the world; this is how I learn about other cultures and GO ON VACATION. it's cheap and educational. :yes: The same goes for music and food.

Speaking of food.... you guys eat Spam there? That's like our low-budget canned-meat here. Are we talking about the same Spam? If so, I haven't had it in ages, although I do remember it being quite tasty as a child. Seeeee I learned something new today? How do you prepare it? I may need to make a Spam dish in your honor. :)

Well, I feel a little nap coming on. Gonna see if I can sleep on my stomach.

Enjoy your trip. It sounds wonderful... take pics as to expand my vicarious vacations. :wink:
 
No, we don't eat Spam, Carol was jesting :angel: It was war time food of the nastiest sort. All pale pink and slimy. Carol probably was confusing it with smoked salmon.....orange and slimy but more upmarket. :heehee:
Dabs....I'll pop over to your thread any day as I think you have some other health issues you're making light of too.
 
Whew, Sue thanks for clearing that up! I was about to cancel my relocation plans to the UK. Carol got me that time. :heehee:
At the moment I am very cool and calm, unusually so. I have no idea why, I worry more about other people than about myself,

I'm glad you have a peace about yourself that surpasses all understanding. You are in thoughts and prayers all the way over here. Ooo, I got plenty of chocolate to eat at midnight, when I went to the store today. I had a FIT when my son found them in the bag before I could hide them in my room. I had to call the Whambulance for him to release my treasure. I persuaded him that they were safer with me, since they eat everything that's not nailed down; I on the other hand eat them sparingly and will have something available to share with him days later after his binge eating attack. :yes: He brought it! Oh, and I plan making triple chocolate cupcakes for my P/T. Tomorrow's here last day, so I hope my knees hold up. I'll sit down periodically and use a stool in the kitchen when I can. Oh, and Cryo machine will be front and center!

Okay, I really need to go now, have a good night ladies. turtle68 DO watch Johnny English. It's a definite good laugh. :loll:
 
Hi Carol...... :bicycle2: Just passing through to check on you. Got any spam sandwiches left over from your trip? :tada:
 
Wow... I have been missing quite a party on this thread! :happydance: It is great to know that "y'all" are still keeping your sense of humor, even if you haven't gotten as far as you would like. As they said in one movie, and I will let you guess, :wink: "Patience, my little grasshopper, patience!" :heehee:
 
No, we don't eat Spam, Carol was jesting
Hi Sue, see it wasn't paranoia. Nobody gets my jokes. Thanks for explaining it. Bionic woman2 Raqia there's obviously a lot of work before we can we our sit down comedy double act. But lets keep at it. After all we are totally unique - we are not so much a double act as a triple act - We deliver the jokes and Sue explains them<chuckle>.
 
Hi Dorothy, 8 months tomorrow for you. The hardest 8 months you've ever had I suspect. Trip away was good, except it was cut short because Mike pulled a muscle in his back - rotten luck. Dont ever get old Dorothy - its a pain - knee pain, back pain, all over pain.

Got to tell you this. You know I'm having the bathroom done. Well they now have a loo on the market that doubles as a bidet. Once you've done the business, you press a button and it delivers jets of warm water to your derriere - nice you might say. But that's not all. You press a second button and it delivers warm air to dry you - Whaw I'm having one. I'll be on the loo all day.
 
We have *2* bidets, but I so hanker after one of those, I really do.
 
Mutley Food portions at AC just as you said. I made sure I asked for extra veg which saved the day. What is it they say `its not what you know, but who you know'. Thanks mate.
 
Now listen up Miss Sue, shouldn't you be in your bed at nearly 10.30 instead of joking about your bottom.
 
Hi Carol...... :bicycle2: Just passing through to check on you.

Pleased you did, there's something I've been meaning to say. You mentioned earlier that you'd been crying. Raqia, don't cry. It makes your eyes go all puffy, and sometimes they can stay like that. Swollen knees is one thing, but matching swollen eyes - no way hosay.
 
Spoil sport! To be honest I spend most of the day lying down or propped up as the whole TKR leg is still so swollen and only resting keeps the swelling down a bit. I've just sent for an icepack (freezer in garage). The steroids don't really seem to be helping much, I can hardly get a shoe on and only go out for appointments. The groin incision is neat but the node they took a bit of is hard and large.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom