TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
It truly depressed me. I had to take time of the forums ( 3x's) actually

Hi Diana, so nice to get a message from you - particularly as we haven't talked much previously. Are you the Diana who owns/rents out the Warriors or have I got confused?

I wasn't prepared for what TKR recovery was all about. But you have to cope. Thanks again. Carol

ps: what's the going rate for a warrior - not fussy which one?




]
 
I know - routine answer pretty funny. Yes we are out to dinner with good friends (Brits of course). Jim used to work with Clive and we always have fun with them plus a lot of catching up to do. Right now we're headed out to a meeting to hear all about our Medicare for next year. Are you feeling better - anything planned for the weekend. I guess you don't celebrate Columbus Day, which is Monday, so it's a three day weekend for some.

Hugs, Dorothy :martini:
 
Okay so I'm funnier, more positive and downright much more gorgeous...

:):):):):):):)

You are a minx. You knew full well I couldn't let this message go unanswered. Laughter is the best medicine of them all. So where do I jump back in? Just what were we talking about? Is Mr Bolt seeing rather too much of Mr Cottontail? Is Barak worried he is losing ground to the Warriors? Is You know Who still have unclean thoughts whilst icing and elevating and what about you BREAKING NEWS................BW2 IS OFF LINE.

Now this wont do Lady. I'm off doing my `I vant to be alone' routine, getting sympathy right left and centre and what are you doing `TAKING A BREAK'. Has this been happening a lot? Look at me? :sad:And No fibbing. How many times have you been OFF LINE since my little wobble? Anyways I am back now so we'll have no more of it.

And just one more thing before I go to get my beauty sleep (Still being the fairest of them all). I noticed Miss RaQia that since I've been away that you are using bad language again (nobody looking - you said SERIOUSLY). I'd prefer it if you packed that in too.

Thanks for the back massage - heeling fingers too. Is there no end to your talents.
 
I knew I'd get you that line! Hehehehehe Oh, and I the purest of them all :angel:does did not have unclean thoughts. That is.... until I ran into a few folks on here who will remain nameless new knee in June and daughter stalker, and their warriors! The latter one challenge me to BRING IT ON! So I had to rise to the occasion... that's all. :wink:

To answer your question, Barack can stay where he is, he's a tad busy right now. Mr Bolt BETTER NOT be talking to Mr Cottontail, and I don't know WHAT D'Diana (new knee) did with my warriors but they haven't been the same. So I'll just have to go back to being sweet and innocent. :umm:While you on the other hand dream of your new Bunny Warriors! :sleep:

Gonna run (HA!) it's almost my bedtime.
 
I am 5 wks in but know that you are overdoing it. You are not a wimp! It takes tremendous fortitude strength and courage to get through this. And think about stamina. By 6pm your body has had enough. It takes a long time to build back stamina! Give yourself some kindness and compassion!
 
You are not a wimp!

Sorry, I am not a wimp. I KNOW I am not a wimp. I am Patient 99 aka Carol. Queen of the jungle (alright the garden, but quite a large garden).

Give yourself some kindness and compassion!

Sure will by the lorry load. In fact if there's any going spare I'll have that too. :scratch::scratch::scratch:

Maggie something is telling me that your message was meant for someone else. But stop by any time - you don't give back massages by any chance?

Yes I'm the Queen of the garden, the garden VIP, I've reached the top, I have to stop, and that's what's worrying me ..........................
 
Right now we're headed out to a meeting to hear all about our Medicare for next year.

Hope it doesn't work like house insurance in the UK. I made a claim recently - first in 40 yrs, and our premium went up 30%(and I have no claims protection). In the long run I'll have paid back double what they paid out.
 
Bringing the "NOISE" to your quiet page before I head out! Here's a little Saturday dancing music for you to get your "Groove On" to tonight! :egypdance::egypdance::egypdance::egypdance::egypdance::egypdance::egypdance::egypdance::egypdance:
 
Icing elevating properly and feeling a little better, thx!
 
Patient 99', I am sending you best thoughts. Hope this is going to you properly! MM
 
Good morning Carol, I should be asleep but I'm watching a movie entitled Johnny English. It's a somewhat British comedy so I thought of you, our resident British comedian. :yes: Rowan Atkinson is the main character and I am roaring with laughter. :loll: I own this movie because my kids and I love his work. He has a speaking role in this movie and it has a decent enough plot (as these things go.) If you haven't seen it, you owe it to yourself to have a good laugh. If you have seen it, watch it again! You'll thank me later. :rotfl: turtle68, Dabber and ditzy dinah, check it out as well. It's a silly, laugh out loud comedy and we can all use some of that.

Carol don't you just love how "I" invite people to "your" page, as opposed to trying take them away from it. :skep:Thus proving, that I am CLEARLY the Fairest of them All! :rotfl: I can hear your sheets rustling all the way over here. lol You're getting up and heading for your computer... woke you right out of your sleep with that one, didn't I!? :mcoffee: turtle68, watch out! She's about to break bad! :scary:

By the way, I haven't seen or heard from Knee pain since our last conversation on MY page. What have you done with her? :hissy: You won't get away with it I tell ya!

Okay, gotta get back to my movie. :bicycle2:
 
By the way, I haven't seen or heard from Knee pain

Its the funniest thing. My message to Knee pain was a total send up from beginning to end, and while I was writing it I was chuckling away to myself. Except, nobody, but nobody responded. I put in loads of :rofsign::rofsign::rofsign::rofsign::rofsign:and:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: at stuff which NO BODY would laugh at. And therein lay the `Humour'. I say humour, because the only one laughing was ME. Oh Well, just goes to show. Now what does it go to show?????????????????????????

I've seen Johnny English - pretty good. Re your inviting people to my page. Why thank you Mam. You've selected some quality names - and quality is what its all about <wink>

When I try to tag people in my messages, BS chews up the messages. This is why there aren't gangs of people knocking on my door (thread). I'm the best kept secret in the Western World. And I know Josephine for one wants to keep it that way. It will save you the bother of PMing me. My thread is VERY private. (BTW I did respond to your PM. Just mention it in case there was a technical hitch and you didn't receive it). On the other hand you could be doing a Knee pain on me.

I went to see the doctor today about my knee. She really did check me out and the good news is that she thinks I am doing really well. She reckons the difficulty I am having walking will definitely pass. I just need to be patient. And here's an odd thing, once she said all those positive things my knee has been so much better this afternoon - mind over matter. I don't believe in much, but I do believe in the power of positive thinking. If you can convince yourself you are OK, you usually can improve things at the very least.

How are things going for you RaQia? I'm sure there's no shortage of positive thinking with you. You mentioned driving. How difficult is it with both knees not there yet? xx Carol

ps: Being the fairest of them all can be a bit of a burden. I'm happy to hand over the baton. Just remember it means you always have to wear your bra (even when indoors watching telly); you cant slouch around in jim jams and you DEFINITELY can't have unwaxed armpits - BEST OF LUCK.
 
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Carol on your doctor's report and the new pep in your step! Can I have some? Just the few steps it takes to get to the bathroom in the morning will be sufficient. I have rocks for knees right now. Even my older one hurts. Perhaps It's having sympathy pains for the newborn. :shrug: I'm glad you got some good news and your body responded in agreement. :yes!:

Well my dear, in light of the FOTA (The Fairest of them All) requirements I may need to step-down off the thrown and hand that position back over to you or perhaps someone like... Toothfairy. She seems to be a great candidate. I imagine her always fully dressed just in case she needs to fly out and sprinkle pixie dust on the kneedy. Hi Toothfairy :bicycle2:

She definitely gets around, it really does help lift moral. I remember when my page use to have the Crickets Choir on it :whistle:and I began to wonder "was it my breath?" :scratch: My buddy knee pain is having a ROUGH time right now with her knee, and she recently moved and the internet is an issue. She has hardly posted on her own page. Apparently "Down Under" they don't move as fast as we do in the US when it comes to connecting stuff like that after a move. People over here would probably DIE if they had to go without internet for a day and cable to us is like an uncut umbilical cord. I do not have cable myself, a bit pricey to watch someone else. Besides, I have my own drama and comedy series.

I do get PBS and I'm actually watching Inspector Morse right now. Multitasking Mania Mama at your service. Moving on to Dancing With the Stars next. Gotta work on my dance moves for the Flash Mob. :egypdance:My Netflix went out on my laptop yesterday when using Google Chrome... BOOOO! It works on Internet Explorer, but no thank you slow computer virus browser. I can still watch it on my son's IPad and on the living room TV. I can't quite figure out what's really wrong, and who can fix it. I was on with 3 different Netflix techs last night, didn't have energy or desire to address it again today. I had a lazy painful day today, hopefully tomorrow will be better. My P/T comes tomorrow and I've filled her in on my painful rock knees, so she said we'll re-access my exercise program tomorrow.

Well, you are probably well off into Lala-land... pleasant dreams. :sleep:
 
Good news about the knee.:spin: I must say since I've just had to more or less ignore mine, it just seems to get on with it. I may make an appointment to see my consultant but as each and every day seems to bring another appointment elsewhere I may leave it until my next booked one.
Yes i like "Johnny English" too.
We just have SKY TV here, we're in a none cable area.
Sue.
 
since I've just had to more or less ignore mine, it just seems to get on with it.
Hi Sue, Now isn't that strange. I know the BS mantra is all about resting, but I think even BS supports gentle exercise. RaQia Bionic woman2 (hi R) was telling me that she wore something which is a sort of leg brace when sleeping. Then there are people who have loads of PT and others that don't. As far as I am aware no approach seems to give noticeably better outcomes. Its just possible that all this post op activity is unnecessary. But we better not spread the word - it would put a lot of PTs out of work.

It must be very tiring having all these hospital appointments. How does it work? Do you get seen on time or do you have to hang around for ages. I am the most impatient person in the world. I went to the hospital with my husband the other day. We were kept waiting about an hour. Every 5 mins I was asking the reception what was going on. Of course it achieves nothing, but its a release valve for ME - but it annoys my patient husband. I am betting that you are a patient person too. Its funny isn't it how we have mental pictures of the people we message on BS. I say that, but may be its just me who does that?

This is my picture of you: Calm, cool, collected. Very intelligent. Friendly - but never pushy. Oh yes and diplomatic. Pretty well all the things that I'm not. What is it they say - opposites attract:friends:

Dorothy @turtle 68 (Hi D) has been bringing me up to date with DVDs she thinks I might like - Orange is the New Black, The Americans, The Bridge and Scandal. Have you seen any of them? A friend thought I might like Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I tried it, but didn't enjoy it. What about books, Sue. Anything you've read that you'd particularly recommend. When I have my other knee done I was thinking I might get some talking books. The selection isn't as good, but I think they may require less effort than reading.

I'll log in on Saturday to see how you're doing. xxx Carol
 
I had a lazy painful day today, hopefully tomorrow will be better. My P/T comes tomorrow and I've filled her in on my painful rock knees, so she said we'll re-access my exercise program tomorrow.

Hi RaQia In Sue's post above, she was saying how her knee is doing OK even though its being neglected. I THINK this is more evidence that less is more. You may want to try having a few lazy days even when you aren't in pain just to see how you get on.

My sister and I were having a dance in the kitchen today . I stand still and move my arms about all over the place - high, low, back, forwards and little sister does all the foot work. Together we are a whole person. I'm in training for mid January when we attend our annual pilgrimage to see Suspiciously Elvis. We've never done this Me ARMS her FEET form of dancing before - do you think it might catch on?

Now I NEVER had you down as an Inspector Morse lady. Wll have to adjust my mental picture of you to fit that in.
 
Hi Dorothy, one of my favourite characters in Breaking Bad is the policeman brother in law. He is SO macho and some of his expressions - `I need that like I need another hole in my bottom (cleaned up for the forum). He cracks me up. Isn't it clever how much humour they've got into something which is really very tragic. xx Bugs C
 
Mutley I've got the spam sandwiches all packed plus two packets of crisps - can't wait. Back Saturday and will let you know how I got on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom