TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carollllllllllll :cry:So sorry you're having a moment/minute/hour/day! I feel the same way about my life sometimes. :cry: I have hope that my life will get better, so there's hope for your knee. Your RTKR will be different than your left in a better sense. You'll be a Bonesmartie from Day 1. So chin up and get back to your Olympic Training!

[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Oh and I found your warriors to support you every step hop of the way. :rofsign:(Hypothetically.... one day!)

[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
 
Dear Carol,
So sorry to hear you are feeling blue. I
I hope you have had a good nights sleep and have woken up feeling more positive.
Maybe it is time for you to make another appointment to see the consultant to discuss your progress and where you go from here.
Hopefully that will give you the reassurance you need.
Sending a hug and a big bunch of flowers, hope you don't get hayfever.
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
Toothfairy x :console2:
 
Yet, you were on Forum giving so many such encouraging words. Hope you're feeling better today, and I'm sure you're excited about your upcoming trip. It will be so good for you to be away.I swear these knees have a mind of their own, Min seems to be oing much better, except it hurts when I walk any distances, Right now my mind is swimming in refrigerators, as we spent half the da looking for a new one.

Still haven't heard from OS about where I go from hear but I do want to find out what is causisng the high CReative Protin.

Bug Hugs and Bugs, Dorohy
 
Hi RaQia Falling behind I'm afraid in my replies to your great upbeat messages. Looks like my low is still hanging around. Hopefully I'll be back to normal soon. @Toothf robynhood lovely cake - many thanks.
 
Oh bum. Every time I send a message BS scrambles it. I'll send each message separately and see if I have more success.


Maybe it is time for you to make another appointment to see the consultant
TF, thank you for you good wishes. Can't shake the blues, but will have a glass of wine later it may do the trick. I am holding off from making an appt. to see the OS until I hit the 12 month mark. If I go before then he will just say `give it more time, it can take up to a year'. I'll see how I go. Missing your little ticks already - funny it doesn't play up when I get a message from you, just a tick. Blue Carol
 
Take your time Carol. I totally understand. I go there too sometimes... Maybe we can meet up for tea. :heehee:
 
Yeah, this :martini: ought a help a little. Have a few and you'll be looking like this guy :cheers2: in no time... Not that you would want to. He looks spent!
 
Hope you're feeling better today,

Thanks for your good wishes Dorothy, still got the downs, but working on it. You can't keep Mrs Cottontail down for long. Hope you got a Big Big refrigerator so you can keep loads of ice cream in it.xx Carol
 
Hi Carol,
I sent you a little heart just to clog up your in box. Memories of old times.
Hope the blues soon fly away.
Maybe it's the departure of summer and the onset of Autumn that is bringing the blues.
Enjoy your break,
Hugs Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :happydance:
 
Hi Sue We are going to Amberley Castle, Arundel (In the Portsmouth direction). That's a brilliant idea about the shower, Ill give them a ring. Mind don't know if an original castle with a portcullis is the sort of place with a walk in shower - but I'm onto it.

turtle68 Just watched my first episode of Breaking Bad. Too early to say, but it kept my attention.

I have had 'Lunch' here with the In-laws! It's LOVELY, however if your a girl who likes her food & her plate piled HIGH....FORGET IT! You get served those really petit sized portions. I had to try & eat really slowly & chew each mouthful about 80 times, ok alright, at least 2 times, so I wasn't the 1st to finish & look like a total PIG! There were peacocks wandering around the grounds. Hope you don't get the haunted room....What? You didn't know about Amberley's resident ghost?!!!! Wishing you a fabulous time :)
 
Carol I replied to your post on my thread meant to do it on yours. Feel better soon. Hopefully you will have a brilliant weekend away and come back all refreshed. You are a constant source of support to everyone on here and your posts are so comical they make me laugh out loud. Take care. Sending you hugs
 
Carol I replied to your post on my thread

Thanks Pat, Both you and Toothfairy think I should go and see the OS - and 2 great minds can't be wrong. I will have to wait until Monday now to see the GP and ask for a referral. I wish I had kept precise records on level of discomfort when walking etc. But I haven't. All I know is that things aint getting any easier. My knee is totally tethered. When I sit and I flex my leg I can feel the tight band pulling across the top and down the inside.
If nothing else seeing the OS may help reassure me. Carol
 
Hello Carol, :bicycle2: I hope you enjoy your getaway, you deserve it! It sounds lovely, minus the "portion control menu" and ghosts... Can't have everything. :shrug:

Hope you're having a better day. :flwrysmile: Okay, you're gonna think this is weird "as all get out" but as I am trying to think of something comforting to say to you, I begin to rub small circles on the back of my IPad, as if it was your back. :console2: Weird much? :rotfl:

I just didn't want to sound like, "you can't be down, we need you to make us laugh!" I get that a LOT when I'm down (and open up/share it with somebody) and it's QUITE annoying. Number one, I'm the "up person" so give me my moment. I can't be the clown all the time. It's like when you're a humorous and bright spirited person people don't know how to deal with you when you're down. They're just use to you being funny and making light of your situation. When you finally get real with it, it's kinda like you turned off their light source or comfort. My bad! Lol Then I have to let them know, Err um, "I am a human being just like you. Okay so I'm funnier, more positive and downright much more gorgeous... :wink: But I'm still a person with feelings and I can't be "on" ALL THE TIME. Send in the Clowns, is just a song. Soooo Carolissimo! Take all the time you need and when it's my turn to be down, you'll take the stage for me, because the "show must go on!" :tada:

By the way, how did this post get to be about me? :umm: Because it's "All About Me!" It will "ALWAYS be All About Me" because I AM "All That! And a Bag of Chips!" :egypdance: Now THAT ought'a bring you back! :rotfl:

Seriously, I came on here to type one sentence and BLAH BLAH BLAH. I hope you DO go see your OS soon, and he gives you some reassuring words... Or a solution! You need your knees back! Please and Thank You DOC! :skep:
 
Carol, hope you're feeling better today and busy getting ready for your trip. I agree you should see your O.S. and insist that he examine your leg, etc. I assked my O.S.' nurse yesterday about pain while walking at 7-1/2 months and she said it can take up to a year for that to go away. Are you still icing? I ice mainly for pain control. Anyhow, taking it easy this morning as we have a meeting this afternoon and then going to friends for dinner.

Big Hugs and Bugs Dorothy :flwrysmile:
 
Dear Carol,
I'm sorry you are feeling so down. When I was doing so well with my recovery, A few of my " June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
Were having a terrible time.When I would read their posts my heart would break, I would think about their pain all the
Time. It truly depressed me. I had to take time of the forums ( 3x's) actually. I always came back & was able to
Give them hope & encouragement :) I really hope your trip makes you feel better.
I am glad you are seeing your doctors.....maybe you could ask your G.P for a mild anti- depressant, just to help you out.
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
she said it can take up to a year for that to go away.

Dorothy, how did you keep a straight face? I wonder what they are programmed to say when you hit the 12 month mark. They probably overheat, go round in circles and explode do not compute, do not compute.

Are you at to dinner again woman? You lucky duck. xx Carol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom