TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mutley,
Lovely to hear from you and good news that you are now connected again. You have been missed.
Your new location sounds wonderful. Take it easy and recuperate from your nasty virus.
Take care,
Hugs Toothfairy x :yay:
 
:yay: Mutley

You survived the move. Congratulations!!! Sounds like you're enjoying your new location as well. Now to get settled. Take your time, the boxes aren't going anywhere now.

We've missed you.

Hug, Dorothy
 
Carol, I forgot to mention that I know nothing about martial arts. I do know that dance you described, which I believe is called the "hokey pokey". Seriously though, hope you're having a good knee day. Question for fellow 7-monthers???? Do you still get the stabbing, occasional pain that they told us was nerve regeneration at the beginning. I had one the other night and it felt just like and was in the same location where I would have the bone on bone pain.

On another note, I think my ROM has increased quite a bit. I was lying on the bed last night lathering my right leg with lotion and I realized I was rubbing my foot without even thinking about it. Progress? Sure felt like it.

Dorothy
 
It's SO GOOD TO BE BACK

Now come on Jaki its not as if you went off and joined the foreign legion. Its been MUCH WORSE for us here. Never knowing when, if, we'd here from you ever again. I've had all sorts of things wrong with me and I've just had to cope as best I could. Dorothy turtle68 is probably more pleased than anybody that you're back, because she has had to look after me almost single handed - its been HARD I tell you. Toothfairy has helped when she could, but she's just out of hospital herself. I still went round to her thread to give Dorothy a break (selfless as ever), but I didn't stay long, not much point - she only had one chocolate eclair in the cupboard.

BTW Bionic woman2 is organising something called a Flash dance. Its all a bit complicated. As well as the dance, which involves doing the splits, at some stage we turn into a Mob and take our revenge on THEY ie, all the people who mistreated us in one way or another during and after our ops. - told you it was complicated. But Dorothy is practicing away like mad, perfecting her splits as am I. I can put a word in for you with BW2 if you want to take part.

Well, best not tire you, on your first day back. Hugs and bugs Carol:spin:
 
Do you still get the stabbing, occasional pain that they told us was nerve regeneration at the beginning.

No Dorothy, I don't. I only ever got it a couple of times, and that was about 6 weeks ago. It was horrible, so I really sympathize. But excellent news on your ROM improvement. When you end up doing something and you aren't even aware of it, you know you are going in the right direction.
 
:rofsign:(hypothetically speaking) I want to quote the whole post! I Can't Carol.. I'm almost crying. :rotfl: I just checked my email messages and had to take a break from Breaking Bad to let you know you are CRAZY! :loll:But you already knew that and yes, "it takes one, to know one."

Okay, now that I got that out, gotta run. :bicycle2: I'm only up to the 2nd episode of season 1, but WOW! turtle68! It is good! I should be taking a nap so I can stay up for Scandal tonight, but I can't sleep.
 
@turtleI've got to find out more about Breaking Bad. You say its a series. I'll google it and see if the DVD is available here. All I know is what you've told me - which is that its funny and there is a character called Mr White. Care to give me a little more detail. C
 
Dorothy I've just googled Breaking Bad. The DVD is available. It doesn't say much about it other than its an American detective series set in Albuquerque . I'll give it a shot.
 
Carol, it's definitely not a comedy, but a drama that gets more intense as Walt begins to get "badder and badder". Fantastic acting, writing, and production.

@Bionic women2 - What episode are you on?

Dorothy
 
Dorothy, the best thing I ever saw was the Sopranos. I like it so much I watch it, leave it for a few years, then watch it again. I also got into Games of Thrones. I'm now waiting for the next series to be released.
 
Just to say I have updated my sorry tale in my thread. It doesn't make happy reading I'm afraid. :sad:

I'm sorry I had no internet for the duration of my sojourn.

Dabs.
 
Hi Dorothy, when people talk of `stretching exercises', what do you take that to mean? Am I right in thinking its heel slides, and lifting and holding your leg? Carol
 
Carol, my pt had me doing all kinds of stretches, calf, hamstring, lunges on the stairs. Looking back he had me doing way too much. The only stretch I do now is one my OS told me to do as many times a day as I can. It's leg extensions, resting my knee on a pillow or rolled up blanket and extending it. I haven't been doing many of them because I'm going up and down stairs and walking off and on all day long. Like you, I'm always confused when they talk about their "stretches". Dorothy
 
Hi Carol. Technical question for you as you seem vey knowledgable about these things. For some reason when I get Bonesmart forum up on my ipad I have to log in every time even though I tick the keep me Iogged in box. This has only started happening the last week or so. Can I do something to rectify this. Not sure why it's happening. Hope you are well and Thank You so much for your lovely reply on my thread. Have a nice day x
 
Technical question

Sorry Pat, I'm not familiar with apple technology.

I'm pleased to see you are continuing to pop in to BS. You never know it may be a bit like me ie, I left and came pretty well straight back.

I'm really struggling with my knee at present. I've decided to stop all excercise, just to see if it helps. I continually experiment in the hope that something will work, but sadly the tight band remains as tight as ever. The up side is that it doesn't hurt if I don't use it. Perhaps the answer is to get good at hopping.

Hope things continue to be good for you. Carol
 
Hi Dorothy thanks for the info. on stretching. I googled some stretching exercises yesterday. Did several of them and my knee is now worse than ever. I am giving up all exercise and will see what happens.

Dabber How's things with you Sue? Is your knee responding to having a rest as Josephine suggested?
 
The knee is very swollen, but then the whole leg is although I've managed the stairs today up and down big girl style. I saw the GP with my sad face, he was lovely. He's given me prophylactic antibiotics to take before and after dental work on Thursday with the other diagnosis pending, I can't risk an infection. I see the nurse tomorrow to have the wound checked and have a flu jab, we've cancelled our holiday as it looks as though I'll be called back to the hospital within a fortnight of being discharged which was last Saturday.
Original question, knee seems fine with being left but I can't bend it far because of swelling and wound at the top of the leg. I'm spending lots of time lying down as I feel really exhausted.
 
Hi Sue I am not surprised you feel exhausted. Is it absolutely necessary that you have the dental work done now? Its a shame about your holiday, but if you are any thing like me, the only place I want to be if I am ill is at home.
I am going away next week for a 2 night break. Its the first time I will have been away from home since the op.
I'm a bit nervous - will I manage in a different bed, will I be OK on the journey etc. But I am also looking forward to it. If it goes well it will feel like an achievement.

I wish I could magic away the days for you so that you could get your results quicker. The waiting can be so hard. But us Bonesmarties are better than most at the waiting game. As Dorothy would say BIG BUGS xxx
 
I am laughing with you Peter Cotton Tail

Peter Cotton Tail? A rapper? A line dancer?

RaQia I have come to the conclusion that there is more than one of you. In fact I think there is 10 of you. Either that or you can write and move between threads at the speed of light. How do you do it Woman? You have to sleep some time. The word on the street is that the knee capping was to slow you down so you'd be on human time - IT HASN'T WORKED. But its our gain.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom