Guest viewing is limited

TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the good guy, Mutley is the bad guy. Stick in my thread Dabber and I'll look after you. Carol

Sorry, what was that Carol? Mutley is the philosophical one, Dorothy is our delightful American friend & Carol is auditioning for the part of Grumpy in this years version of Snow White & the extra grumpy dwarf in Tunbridge Wells. I've heard on the grapevine Carol that the part is yours WITHOUT having to audition :heehee:
 
Zipedi do da zipedi da my oh my what a wonderful day.......................... I DANCED TODAY. Its been 6 months 5 days since my op and today I danced. It was the worst dancing ever, but I didn't care. I was on my feet and moving. I am aching all over, but in a good way. Once a year my sister and I go to a posh hotel where they have an Elvis tribute night(Suspiciously Elvis, very good). Its the best night of the year. You get a 3 course dinner, which we are not interested in in the least. Its the drinking, dancing and wild abandon that we are there for. But I thought this year its not going to be the same because I can't dance. But I NOW CAN DANCE. One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, now go cat go.............................................
 
I've heard on the grapevine Carol that the part is yours WITHOUT having to audition

Hmmmmmmmmm.

There's another part going spare. As its the aqua version of Snow White they are looking for someone who can man underwater. Interested?
 
....I got the part...WITHOUT auditioning! See you at rehearsals in November Grumpy :SUNsmile: :loll:
BTW...I RAN today! Not that it's a competition or anything on who managed to achieve what today. HOWEVER about 3 strides in I realised that one's pelvic floor muscles had obviously gone on vacation & Tena Lady super duper triple maxi plus would be needed if the urge to run ever entered my brain again :sad:
Good news on the dancing though :yes!: Something to look forward to with your sister later in the year!
 
Dorothy, Do you wanna be Snow White? Be warned it isn't all about trying on slippers and kissing princes. There's a fair bit of cleaning pots and sweeping floors before you get to the good bit.
 
Gosh, I might love to be Snow White but I will have to hire someone to do most of the cleaning pots and sweeping floors before I get to the good part, or maybe my husband will do that part for me since he is already my Prince Charming. And you must watch that running. That's basically what I did in Costco on Sunday, so not walking very well. And, Carol, I'm so glad you and Jaki are back on Bonesmart. I'm really looking forward to meeting up with you in England one day.Maybe next spring.

As far as the farting under water goes, I know I could do that but would hate to mess up my beautiful gown, especially since it's two sizes smaller since my TKR.

And Carol, you danced and it sounds like you enjoyed it as well. Can't wait til my U.K. friends get back from visiting there so we can go to one of the pubs here in Houston and listen to them. They are really good for a bunch of old "farts", and this time I will dance. I tried last time, but my knee kept giving out on me so I had to pretend. No pretending next time.

Bugs, Dorothy
 
Hi Pat, I lasted all of 8 days in the wilderness. Its horrible out there. Nobody to talk to. I see you are now a Club Member. So very well deserved. Carol
Been a club member for a while Carol. I love this forum. Helped me so much. X
 
Whats the matter Sue. All getting to you. Not surprised really after to major ops. One was enough for me. Keep reading carols thread. Her and Mutleys posts have kept me going recently. I have just quoted the Tena Lady bit to my hubby and he looked at me in horror. I thought it was about knees he said. O yes and so much more. Chin up Sue. Sending you hugs x x
 
Hi Kneeper

You said you are about to have your other knee done. Is it arthritis? Are you doing pre op exercises? Carol
Yes, my other knee has been shot for a while from the RA & OA. I will have to wait until a school break--next summer to get it done. I am trying to keep up with general exercises to keep the quads from getting weak and working on other leg muscles. Not in an intensive way, but to at least keep from having muscles that are as weak as they were before the first knee.
 
robynhood I think I've a sort of pain flare up. I'm OK, upped meds. It's like 12 weeks and we're away, but we're not are we, LOL.:hairpulling:
 
Just woke up also, missed my Hydro exercise session, pain all night, so I guess its ok, not to push my knee. I can feel, I need to be a little sympathetic to it today. Its just like a new born.:eeeuw:
 
Hi Dorothy, Sorry for not keeping up with some of your messages. The important thing is that you said you had had a few bad days and were going to see the OS. There are times, of course, when it is necessary to go back to the OS, but 90 per cent of the time all they say is give it more time - ask Jaki she has this one off pat. Don't forget that amongst those bad days, you have also had a lot of good ones. Talk later xx bugs
 
You're right - I was going to go to dr. yesterday and had the worst night I've had in a long time. I was in tears. Finally got settled in with some drugs, ice, and elevation, went to sleeep and slept aoo night. My daughter-in-law is an M.D. so I asked her about it and she said it might be weak capillaries so next time it flares take a picture and then go to dr.

Anyhow, today's another day. Jim is off to Austin working, the cleaning lady has come and gone, so just a nice quiet day to read and relax. Next week we're going to start going to the new place regularly. Looking forward to using the pools and spas. What are you up to these days besides dancing the night away. And did I get the part of Snow White.

Talk soon. Bugs, Dorothy
 
Weak capillaries. I don't know anything about this. I haven't heard it mentioned in the messages. When you say `flares', I take it you mean swells. If this is the case, it may also be worth measuring your knee before/after swelling. Also measuring your other knee for comparison.

I'm not up to anything very much. Evenings are pretty much still out for me. Walking gets increasingly uncomfortable as the evening wears on. I'm sure as my knee gets stronger this will stop, but I'm stuck with it for the present.

Really sorry to tell you that you didn't get the part of Snow White. As you already have a prince, they thought for you to have two men on the go wasn't quite the image they were looking for. xx Carol
 
I hadn't thought out the part about too many princes and now my feelings are hurt.
 
..I RAN today!

Jaki, that really is an achievement. It has never occurred to me to try anything as bold as that. In much the same way as I have never tried to kneel or get up from the floor.

There's bound to be something on UTube for strengthening pelvic floor muscles. I've deleted the next paragraph. Thought it was rather in bad taste. Grumpy of TW
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom