Guest viewing is limited

TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well very relieved to see your post Carol! I was just beginning to think that maybe you were in custody having NOT obeyed the sign that says, " We do not accept aggressive or abusive behaviour towards our members of staff"!!! So, this is sort of good news? Did your OS explain EXACTLY what this tight band feeling is? Are you happy/happier with his explanation? Can you accept that this is just a case of " MORE TIME"? A little surprised he has discharged you knowing that you AREN'T happy with your progress/tight band feeling? Has he not given you an SOS where-by if you are concerned over the next 6 months you can contact his secretary & get an appointment?
Completely shocked that YOU think this is GOOD-BYE WITHOUT buying a much needed & well deserved DRINK??? I can get to Tunbridge wells you know...I might just have to stay the night when 1 drink leads to 2...nudge, nudge, wink, wink!
Anyway, just remember this, 5.5 months is still VERY EARLY DAYS! You need US as much as we need YOU! Maybe until your year anniversary, maybe 18 months, maybe FOREVER because ONE DAY your knee will be YOUR KNEE! A good one with no pain & no tight band feeling & you will want to share your roller coaster journey with others who are having problems or with people who just want to sound off to a sympathetic soul who has BEEN THERE, DONE THAT & is now WEARING THE T-SHIRT :)
Thanking you for your sharp wit, your fantastic banter & just for being YOU :thankyou: ....and if your not back here very soon, we'll your in BIG TROUBLE! Some of us STILL have ISSUES!!!!! Xxxx
 
Carol I didnt realise you were clocking off for a while. Thank you for cheering up so much while you have been here. Your posts have been really comical and lighthearted and I always looked forward to reading them. Good Luck with the job. Hope it works out as Im sure it will. Ta Ta for now. Talk soon. Keep on getting jiggy with it. X x x
 
1, 13, 17, 19, 20, 31 lucky number 16
My daughter said if you win you owe us :)
 
Hi Jaki thanks for the message and for the numbers. I will make sure I buy a ticket, and tell your daughter to keep her dancing shoes at the ready - quick, quick, rub, rub, rub.

As of yesterday, I sort of turned a corner. The OS said everything was on track. I've decided to believe him and am trying to stop making my knee the centre of my life. So all the questions - what causes this, why that etc. seem irrelevant. It occurred to me this morning that what has actually happened is that I have simply changed my focus of attention from my TKR to my pending TKR. The OS said having done it once, the second time is always easier. I am not so sure. First time round I didn't know what to expect. Second time round I will know what to expect, and it fills me with dread - things like how do you use a bed pan when the `good' knee doesn't bend that much!

So long as my right knee holds up I plan to have the op early next year. In the meantime I am going to somewhat manically enjoy myself as much as I can - so if you can get to Tunbridge Wells do let me know.

I know you still have issues and I still don't know the outcome on the house front. So whenever you want to talk, do not hesitate to message me. xx and bugs Carol

who just want to sound off to a sympathetic soul

Excuse me Miss Jaki, I have a reputation to uphold. I'm a ruff, tuff, hard drinking, fighting machine NOT a sympathetic soul.
 
Mutley
And what the heck is going on with you. House? Move? Keep us posted, and of yes I've finally rejoined the drinking crowd. Enjoying my glass of wine (or two) every evening.
 
Hi Dorothy!
Well, not too much too report. Our buyers who were DESPERATE to be in by end of August have now suggested a provisional date of...26/27th SEPTEMBER! They'd even asked if we would move out as people in the beginning of the chain were getting " twitchy"! Received all the information back on the searches regarding water, flooding, sewage etc & everything looks fine. Just waiting for our sellers to complete all the necessary " protocol" paperwork ( what they are taking & what they are leaving ) so hopefully, when we've received & agreed to all that we should be in a position to exchange...HOPEFULLY! So basically it will be another 6 weeks before we finally get the keys to our house by the sea!
Good to hear your embracing the fruity number & keeping the side up for us TKR ladies :)
 
Gosh, I'm glad we don't have the English system here! Here the offer is accepted or not, usually the entry date is part of the offer although there is always room to negotiate, and that's it...a done deal
 
re: what was said in tennis nut's thread. I never meant to imply that recovery was over at 12 weeks. I was still struggling with stairs, having stiffness, elevating and icing after work etc. Glad you got a good report from the OS. Time, time and more time to get back to "normal."
 
Carol, Carol, CAROL! Where are you CAROL????? :boohoo:
 
Jaki, Jaki, Jaki, I'm everywhere, pissing everybody off by being a total grump. Say something, anything so I can have a pop at it.
 
Hi Kneeper (normal service has been resumed). I know you weren't implying it was all done and dusted at 12 wks.

You said you are about to have your other knee done. Is it arthritis? Are you doing pre op exercises? Carol
 
You...peeing people off??? NO WAY! They just haven't quite got to grip with your WIT...your UNIQUE wit! So, why are you grumping then grumpy??? Having got wet for the 2nd time today walking the mutts, I'm indulging myself with a rather lovely Californian red number...Ding Dong :)
 
So, are we gonna swap our tales of woe or plough on bravely and give it more TIME!!!! Nearly 9 months for me....9 LONG MONTHS......
 
Jaki our messages are out of order. 9 months for you and no time off for good behaviour. So, come on bring me up to date
 
Well, let me see....taking every day as it comes! It's either good, bad or bloody UGLY :sad: However, there is ALWAYS someone worse off than me so I grit my teeth, which are now rather short, & try & get on with it.... :groan: so, how are YOU????
 
So what's up Carol and Jaki? Is is something I said? 'Cause you know it's always about me lol. But seriously, Carol, are you okay and what's going on with the knee?

Bugs, Dorothy
 
so, how are YOU????

You summed it up really - good, bad and ugly. Nothing much changes. The euphoria of not having to have the MUA has worn off. My knee did something today its never done before. I got really bad nerve pain. It happened 3 times over the course of the day. I was unprepared for new stuff at this stage. Hells bells how much more of it is there? Because I'm frightened it will come back I am not walking properly. In fact I've been sitting most of the day. The rain hasn't helped, nor has husband. Bet you wished you'd never asked.
 
Hi Dorothy, No I'm not really too good. My knee has played up something awful today. Pains I've never had before. Quite got me down. I'm beginning to wonder if there is something in what you said about the rain affecting the knee. It has never stopped raining today and my knee has never been so bad in a long time. Think I will have an early night. Hopefully the sun will shine tomorrow. xx Bugs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom