Guest viewing is limited

TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Carol--I'm partial to "Little Queenie" as a nickname (Wills & Kate are Stones fans, are they not)?

I've yet to meet a Midwestern granny who chews tobacco and skins rabbits. Sounds more southern Appalachian to me. Come to think of it, I've not seen any Appalachian grannies do that either.
 
Sandy, you're right a out the tobacco and skinning rabbits, although my mother had to do that on the farm. I was talking in a more generic, country way, as being in a big city such as Chicago in the Midwest is totally different. I was born and raised in a small city in Iowa, Ottumwa, but always knew I didn't belong there and left as soon as I could. Love Chicago, but can't take the vcold and wind.

Dorothy
 
Been in labour since this morning. And if its a girl surely there will be a Diana in there somewhere.
 
ITS A BOY ITS A BOY ITS A BOY. KATE GAVE BIRTH 4.24 THIS AFTERNOON
 
Hi, Carol--I'm partial to "Little Queenie"
Hi DD, Yes, its cute. Perhaps not for a boy.

ps you know that tv programme where the family were called the Clampits. They were poor and then became millionaires? The granny in that used to chew tobacco and make rabbit stew. See how well informed I am!
 
Carol, you mean the Beverley Hillbillies!
Camilla is the boys stepmother, by all accounts they get on well. She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't
 
The Beverley Hillbillies. That's right Nancy. Thanks.

Of course if William and Harry can forgive and forget, everybody else should be able to.
 
How are you doing anyhow? Has it quieted down over the pond re. the birth or are you all still out celebrating? Any news on your MUA? Loooking forward to hearing from you soon and also wondering how Jaki is doing?

Things are much better here. Walking better although my knee still aches when I'm walking, Maybe I'm just going too fast. Going to call Dr. today and get an extension on my handicap parking permit.We had a lovely normal even out at a nice resaurant with some good friends. It felt pretty funny to be looking after my husband after he had a martini and a couple glasses of wine. Busy cleaning things out and organizing so the movers can just come in, pack, vault, and take all this stuff away. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. You have become one of my life-lines and I really enjoy "connecting" with you.

Hugs and "Bugs" too, Dorothy
 
Hi Dorothy, there was a lot of interest in the royal birth, but as far as I know people weren't out celebrating. What I thought was funny was that the Queen , who apparently goes to bed early, wasn't to be disturbed if the baby was born during the night. She would get the news when she woke. Very sensible.

No word from Jaki. May be her house move is gathering momentum. I am really not sure what is going on with my knee at the moment and whether or not an MUA will be necessary. My extension is 0 and flexsion 90 to 120 depending on the time of day. I get 120 when sitting on a chair and pulling my foot under me. Its a very different story when I lie on the bed and try to pull my heel towards me. That is when flexsion is at its worst. I feel like there are metal rods restricting my movement. I dont know if they are adhesions or that I am using different muscles, which perform less well. I'd be interested to hear what you and others think.

You think you might be walking too fast. I'm impressed. I walk so slowly. When I do my morning walk round the park, everybody, but everybody laps me. But today was different. There was a mum with a 2yr old. I actually lapped them. As I past the kid I gave him a smug look. Gotta get your highs anyway you can <grin>.

You have become one of my life-lines

Now stop that. You know how emotional I can get.

Bugs Carol
 
Hi All, I got a phone call today from a woman I met in hospital. We both had TKRs at the same time. She was clearly very stressed and needed to talk to somebody who had some idea of what she is going through. The point of my telling you this is that it really brought it home to me how valuable BS is. I don't think I had realised it fully until now.

Her feelings of isolation were tangible. I told her about BS. The sad thing is she didn't seem to be listening. She didn't take it in. May be she doesn't understand how online messaging works. I really don't know. Next time I talk to her I will try again.

In short. I think we are so fortunate to be members of this club. Carol
 
Carol, I would have thought that if you can get 120 and 0 then you are doing great and the rest will fall into place as your muscles get stronger and stronger. It is still only 5 months since your op and you will continue to improve with more time
 
Hi Carol, i completly agree with you about this site. I hope you can persuade your friend to join the site because it seems to be just what she needs. Coping with a TKR is very very hard because of the ups and downs and the length of recovery. Its made so much easier to hear other peoples stories who have gone thru the very same thing. Heres hoping you have a very good weekend. Take Care
 
Well, so much for walkimg fast. I got a little carried away this morning doing stuff around here, my knee stiffened up, and now I'm icing and elevating. This doesn't even phase me anymore, as I know it will get better. I still have Norco I reserve for times like this. I think I've gottenlazy with my stretches or just don't know when to stop. And you're right about BoneSmart being a real life-line. I would have had no idea what's been going on the last five months with my knee and I'm still learning. You made mention of having your other knee done. Are you thinking about that already? Hope you're having a grand sunny day. We've been out for a few errands, now I'm just playing, which is what I seem to do best. My husband is amazing me. He's such a manager and just handling everything so efficiently.

We had a nice normal dinner out last night but I probably overdid it sitting in a restaurant for 3 hours. Oh the proces we pay.

Talk soon.

Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy
 
Ileft a typo for you. That's prices.

Bugs
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom