TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carol,
Listen to your knee, you will know when you need the sleeve. Great news that you were able to go all day with out the sleeve :yay:. You are on your way, it does encourage me to see you improving 19 months after TKR.
I do like the idea of using wheel chair transport at the airport, you will be wisked through security and be the first on the plane.

Did you hear about the guy who cut off half of his neighbors garage because the previous owner and placed half of the garage on his property? I would never go that far...maybe a overhanging tree limb here and there, it is legal here to do that if it is over your yard.

Enjoy your vacation :biking::capn::driver::vespa:
 
@patient 99 They do have viruses in the cyber world you know! Luckily I am getting over my Diana virus, and am getting back to my old sensible self. Although I don't promise I won't have an outbreak of it once in a while, kind of like shingles that can lay dormant and then suddenly wham!
 
Carol, you will do fine. If this wimpy turtle, who is still improving at 20 months, can go on a cruise, two plane trips, and two 3,000 mile road trips in the last 11 months, you can do anything. I wish my asthma and atrial fibrillation weren't acting up, but that too is getting better. Like you I'm weaning off the k Tape but I think it really helps. We're going to California next month (San Juan Capistrano and Palm Dessert, so hoping to even do a little hiking in the mountains - flying, then driving. We always pay for extra leg space. Do they have that in Europe?

And this is for you @new knee in June @Pumpkln and @tiredwife. I'm on the Social Committee here at Sweetgrass, we're having a Halloween Monster Bash. Now mind you this is top secret, but we're dressing as zombies and doing the Michael Jackson dance to Thriller, crotch grabbing and all. Can you top that one. I'm so looking forward to looking like a fool with 7 other 60+ ladies but I'll try to post a video. @ Dabber it does sound like I'm going just as doty as the rest of the bunch.

Carol, have a wonderful trip. What part of Spain are you going to?

Hugs and bugs, Dorothy

@Jamie I will post on my thread soon as I want to give encouragement to those going through a long recovery, as I'm getting better and stronger every day and can honestly say I do think about my knee much anymore, except when I overdo it and then I recover much quicker.
 
@turtle68
So Happy to hear you are doing so well :) I'm sure our dear Friend Carol will do just as Well :SUNsmile:
I fear you have wiped out our craziness & you now stand Alone, As the craziest person on Carol's
Thread :egypdance:
@Bionic woman2 would be so proud of you.@tiredwife Do you still think I'm crazy ?:flabber:@patient 99
Dorothy is certainly enjoying life to the fullest. Maybe a little too much....:heehee:
Off to work,
Love you All :friends:
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
If this wimpy turtle, who is still improving at 20 months, can go on a cruise, two plane trips, and two 3,000 mile road trips in the last 11 months, you can do anything

Hi Dorothy:hi::hi: You've always been brave. What you've done gives me encouragement. I am making a big deal out of it, but I'll be over the moon if it all works out well. I'm a bit embarrassed to say where in Spain I'm going to - so don't tell anybody:beg:. Its Benidorm on the Costa Blanca. Its brash, loud and tasteless. But I've been a few times and I like it :giggle:. I just hope Sue doesn't find out. The lack of culture would appall her.

You say you are going to California. I've always wanted to go there. I've been to America twice, but found the long flight a real turn off. We paid for extra space, but it wasn't enough. Going business class is just too expensive. I haven't paid for extra leg space for the Spain trip. The flight is only 2hrs 20mins. I should be ok. @Pumpkln Chris and @tiredwife suggested that I get a wheelchair. Its a great idea and I'd like to, but if it means having to contact my doctor/surgeon it starts to feel like a lot of bother. I'll give my doctor's surgery a quick ring and see what's involved.

Delighted to hear that you've got to the stage where you no longer think knee all the time. I'm still not there yet, but being free of the compression sleeve (if only for one day) bodes well for the future.

doing the Michael Jackson dance to Thriller, crotch grabbing and all. Can you top that one.

Definitely Not. You MUST let me see the video. The easiest way seems to be to put videos onto Utube. Any other way, and the video seems to be too big to send as an attachment.

Night night. Carol
 
@new knee in June Okay I won't blame you!
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
 
Costa bravo sounds good to me. We've been there and really enjoyed. We spent a lot of time driving to Rhonda, the Alhambra, Gibraltor, and of course drinking Sangria and eating paella in Marbella. Just not enough time at the beach. Enjoyed Mijas as well. It reminded me of Laguna Beach, Ca. Enjoy.
 

Dorothy are you taking note of the moves? I'm off to buy some fake tan. The last one I bought, St Tropez, wasn't that successful - a bit orange, but worse it comes off on your clothes. I'm told Garnier Summer Body (light) is good. If anybody knows of another brand that works well, do let me know asap.

ps: Dorothy, there is an awful lot of knee bending going on with MJ, I think you're wise to be one of the zombies.
 
I have just had the biggest laugh reading back the last few pages of your thread @patient99.
We also have tree work to be done soon, and all ours have Preservation Orders - urrgh!
Only butting in to wish you a happy holiday and ask if you have tried Fake Bake 60mins? Boots and most places have it. I like it because you slather it on, but it dries quickly. You then wait 1,2 or max 3 hours (depending on how sunkissed you want to be) and then shower it all off. You have a trace of a tan when it comes off and this then develops over the next 6 hours. It's the least messy I have found. I usually do it in the evening and shower it off before bed, and then wake up looking like a tanned goddess (OMG - this thread has got to me already!)
Safe trip
XX
 
Just don't borrow a mobility scooter in Benidorm....yes I have watched it once or twice. :giggle:
We went to The Palace yesterday.....it was a grand day out and we got a ride in the mobility buggy OUT AT THE FRONT.....very grand! They charge grand prices for a cuppa too. Actually it was a very lovely day and is by far the best thing to do in London. Lot of trees :heehee:.....on second thoughts, don't go @patient 99 @pumpkin far too tempting.
Carol, there's usually a link on the flight booking to say if you'd like assistance. I've been banned from clicking on it after last time.....
Have a good break and well done knee.:friends:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
don't borrow a mobility scooter in Benidorm....yes I have watched it once or twice.

Sue, you are a model of diplomacy. But you don't fool me. I can hear you thinking `Benidorm, god all mighty'. But really its not that different from Budapest - they both begin with B:heehee:.

Actually it was a very lovely day and is by far the best thing to do in London

Now you see if I went there all I be thinking about was why the Queen (not Diana) has so much and the rest of us so little. I know the argument that says the Royals more than cover their costs in tourist revenue, but nobody has ever shown me the profit and loss accounts. What made the visit so interesting for you? But more importantly you made it. And how ever difficult it was, it clearly didn't overshadow the outing. Well done Sue. If it were up to me I'd make you Queen, and you could live there permanently.

I've been banned from clicking on it after last time.....
What happened last time? I've checked my flight paperwork and found nothing. The travel agent wasn't helpful either. Oh, I'm just going to get on with it. See it as a challenge. I WILL OVERCOME. Would you like me to bring you back a stick of beni rock or a kiss me quick hat? x
 
@patient 99
Isn't it wonderful that @Dabber got to make her trip ? I am so Happy for her :yes!:
If I was the real "Queen" I would do away with high Taxes & give the people their fair
Share :) Can you believe @tiredwife she went & sneezed all over my thread :bignono:
What is the exact date of your vacation ?
@Dabber Did you get to see the Poppies ?
All my Love to Carol & only Carol :friends:
Diana :roseshwr:
 
I usually do it in the evening and shower it off before bed

:giggle: dogwheels, what is it they say `too much information':wink:

No I haven't tried Fake Bake (you'd think they could come up with a nicer name). I've now bought the Garnier, but I will make a note of FB. I do so want to be sunkissed . Thank you. Quite honestly I hate the stuff - it all seems to come off on your clothes, but what's a girl to do? These days I need all the help I can get - truth is I probably always did <grin>.

(OMG - this thread has got to me already!)

None of my doing. I just provide the tea and biscuits.

We also have tree work to be done soon, and all ours have Preservation Orders

Not surprising. I think you said you live in SW London. They must be money trees:snork: x Carol

ps: looked all over Nana Moons thread for your first name - no luck.
 
All my Love to Carol & only Carol

Quite right too.

Isn't it wonderful that @Dabber got to make her trip

Yes, I was so pleased for her.

I'm going on holiday on 1 October for 7 days. You might think I am mad (LOL), but I started packing 3 days ago. I thought I had everything under control, but then I googled the weather forecast for Benidorm. It shows rain/cloud every day except one. So now I have to re think everything. The airline only allows 20kilos in hold luggage - it doesn't go far. I saw a programme once where the traveller wore all their clothes instead of putting them in a suitcase. You can do that. No questions asked. What do you think, worth a try?

Can you believe @tiredwife she went & sneezed all over my thread

Diana, As I am sure you know there's no such thing as a free lunch. Tiredwife has given you loads of big LOLs - and lets be honest at times I think she was being over generous.:iagree:. So a few cyber germs between friends is a small price to pay. My advice is suck it up and move on.

Got to push off now and make the dinner. If I were Queen I would never cook dinner ever again. Its the repetitiveness of it. Every bleeping day. Shop for it, cook it, wash up after. When Ms away on business, I live on bing bongs (that's what I call ready meals, 'cause you put them in the micro and after a few minutes the micro sounds `bing bong' to say food ready). Life is hard. xx C
 
@patient 99
Carol,
@tiredwife owes me more Big, Red, Bouncy, L.O.L's as I want. I am Funny & Cute,
No one can deny that.
My problem now is....Who will I Love during the week you are away ? :cry:
I miss you already :sad:
There will be no cooking while on Vacation, This is my unwritten rule :no-fin: Only nice meals,
In nice restaurants.
All my Love, ( Carol, Please don't Go...):boohoo:
Diana :roseshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom