TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
@new knee in June
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
 
A friend of ours lived in a condo complex, there was a big tree right in front of her deck that she did not like.
One night we had heavy winds, she took her truck hooked up a rope to the tree and pulled it over. Next day she called the condo managment and said the tree blew down in the heavy wind last night, when are you going to remove it? :heehee:
Where there is a will there is a way...
 
Where there is a will there is a way...

Hi Chris, I sometimes think I play by the rules too much. The trick with the truck is something I'd like to do but wouldn't. Trees seem to cause a lot of trouble between neighbours in the UK. Everybody has a different view. This is the main reason I chose diplomacy with my neighbour. If you fall out with your husband, you'll make up quickly, but fall out with a neighbour and 10 years on you still don't talk to each other - I prefer not to live like that.

As I type one of my neighbours is burning garden stuff. He has been at it all day. All the houses round about are getting smoked out. I think its anti social, but what do you do? He isn't a nice man so talking to him would achieve nothing. I guess its the price we pay for living too close together. What's it like in America? You have sooooooooo much more space,so may be things are easier.

Hi Sue
Is that so they can fall on her house?

Fancy thinking that I would even think such a thing. I am a pacifist. And she is large - she'd eat me for breakfast. You have to know which fights to pick and which to walk away from <grin>.


Can I have some big, red LOL's on this page ?

You are shameless. You have to WAIT for the laughs not ASK FOR THEM . It goes like this. Diana, I think your Kumquart joke is funny. It made me LOL. Get It? Oh forget all that. Just continue as ever - you will anyway.

I didn't put my elastic support on until gone 2pm today. I am quite pleased with myself. Will try to do the same tomorrow. I'm going to Spain for a week on 1 October. It would be great if I didn't have to wear the support all day. This trip is another milestone for me. I've never done anything this adventurous since having my TKR. I managed the 2 night break without any difficulties, so knees crossed. I'm wondering if I should wear support stockings on the plane or do anything else to ensure a trouble free trip?
 
one of my neighbours is burning garden stuff. He has been at it all day. All the houses round about are getting smoked out. I think its anti social, but what do you do?
We have strict regulations against any open burning, you can light the whole state on fire with a match thrown out the window. I do not have to worry about neighbors burning leaves etc. Just worry about arsonists, and kids playing with firecrackers. The King Fire (80,000 acres burned) in California is about 45 miles from here, cloudy today, but the smoke will be back.
I do agree burning is anti social, they are trying to chase you away and empty the neighborhood, to go through all your houses for valuables.
We have a new neighbor, they have a weed tree growing that eventually will block our view, we will ask them to cut it down or trim it back when it gets tall. Or go over and cut it down when they are on vacation. If we did it now I don't think they would notice, it is still small.
The new neighbors are very nice, the tree will block their view too, I do not anticipate having to go to these lengths.
I am sure your neighbor won't mind if the trees are blown down by a heavy wind.
A couple of owners ago, while the house was empty and in escrow, we cut down a bush in the yard that was growing too tall. No one noticed, except us.

I have mixed feelings feelings about trees, our forests are so over grown (thanks to Smokey the Bear), and have lots of dead wood that they cause super fires. Somewhere there needs to be a balance between loggers and tree huggers to save the forests. But nobody listens to me. :good-bad:

Glad you are able to wear the support hose less, I think you should wear them on the plane. I am wearing a compression sleeve a few hours a day, seems to help, then my leg protests and off it comes.

Popsicle stick humor: How did Julia stay cool during her soccer game?
She stood with the fans!
 
@patient 99 We have a fairly big yard and have a fire pit in the back yard. We wouldn't dream of having a fire if it was going to blow into our neighbors yard. We only have a neighbor on one side and some across the street, so we don't have much problem. Sounds like you and your neighbors need to invest in some big fans and blow all the smoke back at the bad neighbor.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@patient 99
Carol,
You would hate me as a neighbor :shocked:We have a half acre our patio is right near the
Neighbors fence. We have fires nightly in our fire pit. Once in awhile I will pop my head
Over the fence & tell a Vegetable Joke :rotfl:
They really don't know what to make of me :dubious:
Diana :loveshwr:
 
No worries we are not going to do that, the weed trees are leggy, and have 2 inch spikes, they will get rid of it on their own.
 
@patient 99
I am not a member of a cult :no-fin: I am the "Queen" remember ? ( insert Crown here )
@Pumpkln
I have seen on the news the devastating fires where you live. I hope you are within a safe
Distance :prayer:I can't imagine seeing a wall of fire heading towards my house :sad:
@tiredwife
I hope your husband is doing well :) Carol wants me to have a big, red, LOL today,
She says I am funny :snork:
Beware of burning weeds in your fire pit....My Mom got poison Ivy down her throat & in her
Blood stream from my dad burning weeds :yikes:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
45 or so miles away, with a lot of granite between here and there. Fires have been closer, less than a quarter mile. So far that one was the worst.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom