TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saying a quick hello.

Hi Lisa, I've just come back from your thread. I honestly don't know how you do it. A full time job, 3 boys to take care of, a knee that's in recovery and still time to chat on BS. What a woman. The thing that got to me was you mentioning that you were tearful. How are you now?
 
@patient 99
Carol,
I am sooooo happy you are back :) I missed you terribly. Even though your portions were
Tiny, you hardly mentioned how your knee did. I take that as a good sign :happydance:
My fall specialty foods are Stuffed Peppers, Apple Crisp, Scallops & Linguine in pesto sauce,
Swedish Meatballs, My Mom's Beef Stew, I may have to put off cooking, this weekend will be
In the 80's :yikes: Much to hot for me to cook.
Did you get any trees removed ?
@tiredwife Thank You for the visual for Carol. Even though we both speak English sometimes
We don't know what we are talking about :rotfl:
Off to work Ladies,
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@new knee in June
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
 
@patient 99 - you have been missed as has your humour. Mum's come from the plant name Chrysanthemum and I just LOVE the one that you posted @tiredwife. I will be off to Costco this weekend to pick mine up for my planters.

I am doing a lot better and not as teary lately. Just being on meds, seeing my boss suffer with his cancer and feeling frustrated about my rehab sometimes gets a bit overwhelming. I seem to be worrying a lot about things as well and I am not usually a worrier so then I worry about that.

I will be fine though. Everything has a habit of working out in my life and I just have to keep a positive attitude and keep smiling. Good thing my dad paid so much for me to have braces for 4 years because I do love to smile!

How are you doing?

Oh @new knee in June - you never disappoint....LOL!
 
@patient 99
Carol,
Could you be a dear & go back on your thread. Post your new, large, red LOL
On all my vegetable jokes ? Especially the Kumquart joke :) It would make my day.
Is this another ( Carol in the spotlight moment ?):heehee:
All my Love :friends:
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Stuffed Peppers, Apple Crisp, Scallops & Linguine in pesto sauce,
Swedish Meatballs, My Mom's Beef Stew,

Hi D I like the sound of all of these. If I had to choose I think I would opt for the scallops & Linguine in pesto sauce. Can I have the recipe.

Post your new, large, red LOL
On all my vegetable jokes ? Especially the Kumquart joke :) It would make my day.

:heehee::rotfl::rotfl: You sure are on form. I'm copying large LOLs onto your vegy jokes at this very minute. But you know what? I can't find the famous Kumquart joke - how does it go again:yikes:


Did you get any trees removed ?

Oh those bleeping trees. This is how it went. Tree felling day arrives. M is indoors giving me the silent treatment - his way of protesting against the tree felling. Tree men get to work but five minutes in there's a neighbour telling them to stop. She's screaming at me saying I have no right to fell the trees especially as they have a preservation order on them. She's on her mobile reporting me to the Council. Then the tree men start having a go at me. They said if the trees have a preservation order on them that they could lose their license if they do anything to them. That I have cost them time and they want paying even if none of the trees come down. M hears what's going on and joins in - not taking my side, just telling the tree men to `go forth and multiply' if you get my meaning.

You know Custer's Last Stand. Well it was Carol's Last Stand. I just wish I had had the wagons to hide behind. I was starting to get a bit scared, but then I saw the funny side of it - but I made sure I didn't laugh. I thought if I laugh I'm a dead woman. It would just have been a question of which one of them got to me first.

I took control. First, I looked deep into George's eyes (head tree man). I assured him on my mother's life (mum past away 14 yrs ago) that there was no preservation order on the trees - which was the absolute truth. I had made a point of checking with the Council. I then turned my attention to M. I reminded him that whilst I knew he wasn't happy about the tree felling that he had half halfheartedly agreed, so could he please go back indoors. That just left the neighbour.

Now I could have gone for the jugular. The trees are in my garden, there's no preservation order. I hold all the cards. She had come out fighting when she should have begged. But rather than rip her apart I was a model of reason. I said I would leave the trees that were nearest to her house. Now are you proud of me or what?

In the end 3 trees actually came down. 3 trees out of 37! I had planned to fell around 10. I'll have another go. But not for a while. :rolleyes::rolleyes:


xxx C

ps: missed you too.
 
I seem to be worrying a lot about things as well and I am not usually a worrier so then I worry about that.

Hi Lisa
I know very well how this goes. But it doesn't sound like it is getting the better of you. It sounds like you know exactly what's at the bottom of it ie, the rehab, the drugs, work demands. You've such a lot on your plate. My recommendation is that you make sure you have some Lisa time. xx C
 
@tiredwife
I Love it.....:rotfl: :rofsign: :loll:Trees running from Carol..... Priceless....:rotfl:
@patient 99
Carol,
I am beyond proud of you, for the way you handled M, George, & your neighbor :yay:
You truly are a Lady with style :wow:
I will give you the recipe tomorrow ( it's heart healthy ) I'm on my way to work :walking:
Lot's of Love,
Diana :roseshwr:
 
@patient 99
What did the tree say to Carol ?:shrug:
Leaf ( Leave ) me alone. :rotfl: :rofsign: :rotfl: :rofsign:
What did the Momma Pea say to the baby pea when he had to go to the bathroom, whilst
Camping ? :shrug:
Kumquart ( come squat ) behind this tree :loll: :rotfl: :rofsign:
Can I have some big, red LOL's on this page ? ( trolling for acceptance ) :beg:
Be back later with recipe,
Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
I said I would leave the trees that were nearest to her house.
Is that so they can fall on her house? :rofsign:

My Dh had a large silver birch cut down as it was keeping him awake at night worrying about whether it would come down on the 17 houses down the side of our garden.....big tree, long row of little houses. It upset the family...me and Ds but now you hardly notice it's gone.

Q: What is a tree's least favorite month?
A: Sep-timber!

[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom