TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our friendship means more to me
Than Peas, Kumquarts, Tomato, beans

Hi Sweetness,
Oh shucks :friends: My favourite joke was the Kumquarts one. The one you made up all by yourself. I don't think its a good idea to stop the veg jokes all of a sudden. Me and a few others would get withdrawal symptoms. How about you give us one on a Friday night. That way it will start the week end off right.

Sure like the sound of your holiday in Ogunquit (what an unusual name). I can picture you now sitting in your hot tub overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, crown on head and giving slow hand waves to the passers by. Go girl go. xx Cuteness.

ps: 35 trees currently standing. Come Friday there may still be 35 trees standing:giggle: But with a bit of luck I'm hoping there will be 5 less.
 
@Pumpkln
Hi Chris, you must be feeling a bit better today. I've just read one of your messages where you talk of `turning a corner'. Absolutely great news.

I am doing pretty well except for my dependence on the calf support. My concern is the longer I use it the harder it will be to give it up. I don't want to have it on my leg for ever. In the first 3 mths post op I didn't use the support, because I didn't know about it. So I haven't been dependent upon it from day 1.

As soon as I take it off I am acutely aware of tight bands in various places round my knee. It feels horrible. So I suppose I should be grateful for it rather than focusing on trying to get rid of it. Do you know if its common? Carol
 
I know the tight rubber band feeling is common, and lasts longer for some. I think you are one of those people.
Wear it as long as you need it, when your tissues are properly healed it should go away. I suspect I am going to have the tight rubber band feeling for a long time too.
I pretty much only wear dresses to weddings and funerals, so the support showing is not an issue for me. I guess the black will fit in nicely at funerals. Macabre humor, I could not help myself.
I do not think you are dependent, I think you need it. Too bad they do not come in cool colors, then they would be more like an accessory.
I think you should be glad there is relief and you can lead your life with out pain.

My knee is better slowly, I can walk around the house most of the time with out my crutches now. I go back to them when I am tired or I start feeling more pain. I use them 100% outside of the house, I do not want to rejoin the ODIC!
 
Wear it as long as you need it, when your tissues are properly healed it should go away.

Chris, can't begin to tell you what a lift your post was for me. I hadn't thought that my knee was still healing, but it just might be :fingersx: . Also feel much happier thinking that the calf support is something I need rather than a placebo. Thanks mate.

Read an old post yesterday that scared me. The person had been doing well for a long time and then started to get problems. I flipped straight into the `what if' game. I have written to others saying this is a very foolish game to play, and then I go do it myself! I gave myself a good talking to. Started by saying `what if a tree fell on you' what if you got hit by a bus etc. etc. Best stay in bed for the rest of your life :praying: I think I've got control back. When I was a kid I used to frighten myself thinking ghosts were coming to get me. Here I am, an adult, doing much the same thing.


I can walk around the house most of the time with out my crutches now.

I know you have the misalignment, but isn't it amazing how our bodies are able to compensate. If it can get better the body will certainly make sure it does. I don't know about you, but I haven't really realised just how much longer it takes when you get older. That little, bitty, op on my neck for a skin graft is taking ages to heal. There's no infection and everything is as it should be, but boy does it take a long time. When you contrast that with what your knee has gone through, you are positively doing 100 miles an hour. xx Carol
 
@patient 99
Hello Carol :wave:
:sneaker:I haven't been on for a few days,but so happy You & Chris are doing well :)
I know you will :bawl:I am totally out of vegetable jokes, I am not funny without them :sad:
I am just a regular commoner, barely a Queen :heehee:
Today is the big tree cutting day for you, let me know how it goes.
Have a wonderful Weekend,
All my Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
I am totally out of vegetable jokes, I am not funny without them :sad:
I am just a regular commoner, barely a Queen

You need no props - jokes, crowns, walnuts,wally, hunky guys. YOU are DIANA. Unique in every way. Having said all that it is Friday and we were supposed to get a joke on Friday.

I've just learned that more people die in bed than anywhere else. :yikes::yikes:. So I think I will give bed a miss from now on. I'll have to ask Chris if I am likely to live longer if I sleep on the floor. What do you think happens to these folk while in their beds? Do they fall out and kill themselves or what? Diana, you said a while back that you were a cautious gal, so I suggest you get hubby to strap you to the bed - just for safety of course.

Yes it was High Noon today, or it was supposed to be. The tree man got stuck on another job and wasn't able to get to me. But, the good news is that yesterday I told M that the tree man was coming and.............................. he didn't give me a hard time. Now he still might once he finds out the extent of the tree felling. But ha ho that's another day, I'll deal with it when it comes. But it does mean that I have to be on my best behaviour for even longer - hope I can keep it up. xx Carol

ps: a joke: I'm thinking of getting rid of my vacuum cleaner ..............well its just gathering dust . What do you think? Any good??
 
@patient 99
My Dearest Cuteness,
I have been sick with the worst cold of my life :dead:Headache, cough, ear ache, sore throat,
For 2 weeks :yikes: I am finally feeling better :) Did you cut down the trees ? I am mustering all
My energy to present to you...( my dear friend :friends:) The Vegetable Joke of the day...:happydance::yes!::yay:
What is small, red, & whispers ?:shrug:
Answer : A (hoarse) Horse Radish :rotfl::rofsign::loll::rotfl::rofsign:
I am getting ready for Labor Day Weekend & then Maine :yes!: I will be drinking Strawberry Daiquris,
With whipped cream & a cherry on top :martini:& Eating sooooo much Lobster & clam chowder.
The " PROMISED LAND" doesn't get any better than this :yahoo:
Please don't forget to comment on my joke, it means the world to me :friends:
I hope Stormy is behaving,
All My Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@new knee in June

Hi Diana, bad luck with that cold. The last one wasn't that long ago either. At least you were at home. That's the only place to be when you're ill. Lets hope you are back to your magnificent self before the Maine trip.

A (hoarse) Horse Radish

<chuckle> :heehee:. Are you going to throw in a few lobster and chowder jokes as a result of your holiday?

Trees still standing, awaiting a new date for the felling. But M seems to be going along with it - he doesn't know exactly what he is going along with, as all I've said is tree tweeking, but I'm less worried about it now.

I'm hardly messaging on BS at all now. There's little more to be said about Stormy and there are a lot of people who can advise newbies on the BS mantra. I still read a few posts from people who have had long recoveries in the hope that I can learn something new. Also I read a few posts from people whose recovery I am preying will happen. That sounds wrong. I want everyone to have a full recovery, but there are a few I take a more personal interest in. So all in all winding down I guess. I think the same is also true for you?

I'll be sure to let you know if Stormy ever decides it wants to be `normal'. Have a great holiday. All my love. Carol.
 
I'm hardly messaging on BS at all now. There's little more to be said about Stormy and there are a lot of people who can advise newbies on the BS mantra. I still read a few posts from people who have had long recoveries in the hope that I can learn something new. Also I read a few posts from people whose recovery I am preying will happen. That sounds wrong. I want everyone to have a full recovery, but there are a few I take a more personal interest in. So all in all winding down I guess.

@patient 99 Hi Carol,
Of course we miss you, but it is good to read the above. It means that you are finally feeling you are recovering.
Most people tend to drop away from BS as they need less and less support.
I'm so glad it is happening to you! :happydance::yay::yes!:

And don't take that the wrong way - we don't want to get rid of you. LOL :rotfl:
 
Most people tend to drop away from BS as they need less and less support.
I am always surprised to see older members lurking but not posting, happens fairly frequently. Guess they are just checking in. And of course always welcome.
Just glad you are finally doing well, and no longer need daily support.
 
Just glad you are finally doing well, and no longer need daily support.

@Celle @daughter stalker (Maria) and Chris

Ladies, Sadly its not because I am doing that well that I am messaging less. Its because, similar to Maria, I feel I have come to the end of the line. I have to just get on with how my knee is and stop hoping for more.

On reflection I now think TKR is a lottery. There are winners and losers and some who just about break even. I put myself in the latter category.
 
Hello, there does seem to be some sadness about on your BS thread today @patient 99 . @pumpkin I haven't managed to read your thread yet, I'm sure you understand, mostly I'm busy with Lymphoma websites.

We've had wonderful weeks in Paris, 2 weeks a break then another but my knee isn't perfect....I took my icepack. My knee swells and I wear compression hose all the time when I go out. I can only walk for a little while before my legs seize up, but that's not the TKR it's the chemo......I think!

I keep plodding on trying to exercise by walking.

It is difficult about your skin graft Carol, did the surgeon say why he took it from that place?

Hugs,
Dabs.:console2:
 
@patient 99......you'll be pleased to know we've started a new thread in the BoneSmart Library for folks who have had challenges with their recovery. The posts will tell their stories and yours is the first to be placed there.

You'll see that your recovery thread has been very condensed to highlight the main points of your journey so far. I would appreciate it if you would continue to update your status now and then so we can maybe one day write that you are fully functioning and thrilled with your new knee! (keep the faith, hon!)
 
you'll be pleased to know we've started a new thread in the BoneSmart Library for folks who have had challenges with their recovery.

Hi Jamie, Thank you. It must have taken a lot of work. I hope it helps others. Being the first in this new Library thread represents a challenge for me. I want to finish my journey with a happy ending. I will do it if it kills me <chuckle>.

I will most certainly give updates. Its the very least I can do to repay BS for what it has given me..
 
@Jamie The link you provided took me straight to the new condensed version of my thread in the library. However when I tried to find it using the index in the BS library I couldn't. I searched under the Ps for Patience and under the Cs for Challenging recoveries. What am I doing wrong?
 
Hi Carol - I love what Jamie has done. I don't know if you realize what an excellent writer you are. I do hope you have a happy ending and will miss you. You and several others made my recovery better by making me smile all the time. Please take care. xoxoxo JoAnne
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom