TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Carol @patient 99

I'm delighted to hear that your knee is finally showing some genuine improvement! :yes!::happydance::yay:

I know we tell people that "good things take time", but you have had to wait longer than most.
I can't express how thrilled I am for you!
 
using thread tools, in the upper right hand corner just above the first post

Chris, there is nothing that says thread tools in the upper right hand corner. Might I be using a different BS version? If this facility exists I sure do want to know how to use it. Carol

ps: how's the bruising?
 
I went to my Osteopath who does manipulations and he worked on my right leg and with one painful session,

Thanks for sharing. Truth is KTF that I would be too scared to go to an osteopath. I am showing some improvement - something I had almost given up hope of doing. To now have someone lays their hands on my knee (pain or no pain) would be too stressful. My brain is going into overdrive just thinking about it `What if they do something that interferes with things and takes me back to that dark place I've been in for one year six months'. Just couldn't take the risk.

I know the saying `He Who Dares Wins', and I might be missing a golden opportunity to have a bend of 130plus, but `She Don't Dare in case She Lose'.

So pleased for you, and thanks again for dropping by. Carol
 
@patient 99
:rotfl: Carol, I was just thinking, what if the newbies decide to read your thread for
Comfort. The adventures of "Wally" the whip & Red Satin shoes will surely grab their
Attention :heehee: Like "vegetable soup" is good for your cold, vegetable jokes are good for
The soul :friends:Do you think working with the ankle weights & P.T. Helped ?
Have a wonderful Sunday :SUNsmile:
Enjoy your time in the "PROMISED LAND" :catbutterfly:
I put you down for Full-Time, permanent Resident :happydance:
All my Love,
Sweetness, Queen, Jokester of all things Vegetable, Cool Breeze, Owner of the Warriors,
DDiana, Inventor of the P.L ( Promised Land ) :egypdance::yes!:
P.S... There are no taxes in P.L everything is Free :martini:
 
Thread tools should be right next to the unwatch thread button, on the left. You need to be using the web version.
Bruising is about the same, and the back of my knee hurts. It is better than it was yesterday.
Enjoying the vegetable jokes, and enjoying my daily dose of vegetables. All in the name of healing.
 
Do you think anything in particular made the difference? If it was the tape we better buy some stock in whatever company makes it!

Hi Jozilla, I think the biggest thing to help my recovery has been time. But that doesn't address the question of why it has taken so long. I have a theory. All the medical attention I've received since my operation has been focussed on physical things eg, scar tissue, misalignment, weak muscles etc. But I think the problem is to do with neuropathic pain (a dysfunction in the nervous system). This issue can take a very long time to put itself right - if it ever does.

The elastic compression sleeve, I am so heavily dependent on, is so worn it no longer provides any compression. And I don't apply the physio tape so that it acts as a splint. But both still work. So what am I getting from them? TOUCH. At the year and a half stage, so long as my TKR is being touched, the right nervous stimulation seems to be restored and tells my brain everything is OK. This in turn improves how my knee feels and my quality of life.

Well that's my theory. I don't know much so I cannot explain things more scientifically . Whether I will be able to ditch the sleeve and the tape only more time will tell.

Does this all sound a bit far-fetched? I've heard of people who have phantom pain when they have limbs removed - they don't have a leg, but they experience leg pain. I think that too is an example of sensory processing.

As I said its only my theory, but it seems to make sense, and certainly none of the medical profession have come up with anything else as to why my recovery is taking so long. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these last few days are a sign I've turned a corner. Carol

ps:bet you wish you'd never asked now:heehee:
 
Thread tools should be right next to the unwatch thread button, on the left

Its not. But with a bit of luck I wont need to change my thread title again. Its a bit late in the day for bruising to occur. Have you got any ideas?
 
My husband says it has been there for awhile, just not as big. I massaged back there last week, maybe I broke a capillary?
I suspect my leg is malaligned, maybe it is shearing around something? I will leave it to the OS to figure out.

I think you are onto something with your theory of why it has taken so long. Sensory processing is very complex, and nerves are everywhere. Some therapists specialize in sensory processing, mostly OT's.
Some people with amputations, when the foot itches can scratch the air where it was and get relief.

I am just glad you are finally doing well, hopefully sometime in the future you will not need the compression sleeve or tape.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
Carol!
 
Interesting thread again. I've resorted to arnica gel for my knee.
 
Sue, I've just goggled arnica gel. It says it is herbal but not how it works to relieve stiffness, aches etc. But if it helps, that's the important thing.
 
@Pumpkln Chris is there any one place on the BS site devoted to `happy endings' from people who have taken longer than usual to recover. carol
 
@patient 99 if I see anyone having a problem with a long recovery I let then know about your thread! I hope you don't mind - I am so happy for your success!!! We could put all success stories in a thread called The Promise Land but Queen Diana would have to agree with that!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom