Guest viewing is limited

TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandsons are enjoying vegetable jokes...the pee(a) was especially good!
 
We had the opportunity to go down the "Cape" ( Cape Cod ) for free.

Hi Sweetness

How did you manage the freeby? You 've got a swimming icon in your message and a drinking icon and a love icon. Did you get all three? If you did the prize is another day in PL. There's a cold war at Chez Carol right now - a disagreement over the garden. But I'm baby sitting tonight (Ollie who is 8) so I'll get plenty chat from him. I'll take the vegetables jokes with me so he will be well impressed. xx Cute Carol.
 
@patient 99
We stayed with my husbands Family :happydance:I did all 3 of these things...:swim: :martini:
:roseshwr:& today I actually RAN down the stairs :yahoo:Tell Mike it is my opinion that the male
Species was put on this earth, to anger, upset, & make us screaming Fools :yikes:
I told Jim to Trim the bushes last week, They are Gone....He said they were all dead, Now I
Can see my neighbors & they can see me :rolleyes:
Next, he put up a Flag in the backyard ( cemented in the ground ) not to the side, not down back,
But, in the middle off to the side ( crooked ) of the yard :scaredycat:I didn't talk to him for 3 days :headbang:
Both of these incidents happened while I was at work :hairpulling:
This Sunday he is removing tree branches that are on the roof with a saw, on a ladder :no-fin:
So, you tell Mike that You are right & he is Wrong.....case closed:bignono:
Have fun Babysitting,
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
new knee in June said: ↑
Can you believe those "Bonesmartie's on Beetles Forum ? I don't think they know who I am

Incredible. I bet they don't know who Bobby Womack is either. You know how the Jehovah Witnesses going from door to door, town to town spreading the word. Well I think we have got to get out there and do the same. The Queen of the Promised Land and the champion of all things Vegetable can't hide her light under a mushroom. Let's start tomorrow.

Well, I just came to see how you were doing Carol and came across this post. Well thanks a lot! For making me laugh out loud!! I like you guys more than some of my oldest friends and I don't even know you!
 
@71Beetle
You aren't suppose to read Carol's responses to me. She is very protective of me & can be
Quite defensive :hissy:She means well.
@Pumpkln
So happy you are feeling well enough to join us in the "Promised Land":happydance:May I offer you a
"Walnut" martini ? :martini: How about a nice massage ? A hot :bath:? Whatever your mind desires,
It is here. :) If nothing, I am a wonderful hostess :friends:
Sweet Dreams,
Diana.....:sleep::sleep:
 
I like you guys more than some of my oldest friends and I don't even know you!

Hi Lisa, That's probably why you like us. What do they say `absence makes the heart grow fonder'. Actually you would like me. I am officially a little cutey.
Diana. Well Diana is like a fine wine ................ An acquired taste.:rofsign:
 
You aren't suppose to read Carol's responses to me. She is very protective of me & can be
Quite defensive

Too right. Remember that time you told me you had a lot of friends on BS, and I had to go off for 2 days to a darkened room and rest.

But I know a bit more about sharing now (I googled it). Its a quaint concept, but I'm getting there. Carol
 
Stopping by to keep an eye on you

Hi Chris, thanks for the visit. Haven't read your thread for a couple of days. How are you doing?

I am back doing physio 3 times a day to strengthen my muscles. I received a letter from the second opinion OS. It was incredibly vague. The letter was headed `Diagnosis: stiff knee post total knee replacement'. Now I know I often get things wrong, but never in a million years is stiff knee a diagnosis. It surely is a symptom. I've been back to his secretary for more clarification - awaiting a response. He made no mention of the problem being scar tissue. Yet I remember him saying quite clearly that that was likely to be the cause.

So quite honestly I really am no nearer to knowing what my problem is. Increasingly I am beginning to think the only way they will be able to tell what's wrong is to open my knee up, but that seems the wrong way round to me. I want them to identify the cause to determine the proper treatment BEFORE subjecting me to further surgery.

I came across something on google under the heading `Less invasive protocols'. Injections and splinting were mentioned. The latter doesn't seem appropriate. Will need to find out more about the role injections might play. Carol
 
So quite honestly I really am no nearer to knowing what my problem is. Increasingly I am beginning to think the only way they will be able to tell what's wrong is to open my knee up, but that seems the wrong way round to me. I want them to identify the cause to determine the proper treatment BEFORE subjecting me to further surgery.

It is so frustrating that they cannot share more of their thoughts and findings. Is it too much to ask for a straight answer to our questions? I may have said this before, but I find in Canada we are quick to treat the symptoms without digging in to find the root cause. We do get free medical care so I cannot complain but our health department is working on a tight budget that continues to shrink.

My boss was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. He has been going for so many different tests and procedures in the past 4 years that he could likely pass a couple of pre-med courses. He has been on so many rounds of antibiotics for infections and is always being referred to another "specialist". He would feel better for a while (placebo affect perhaps) but then a couple of months later there would be something else. When they finally diagnosed cancer, it was in his lymph nodes but they were not exactly sure what organ it was coming from.

He is in the States right now looking into some options to get better. He has the financial means to do so but not many people would have that. It is really unfortunate. I am not knocking the medical profession at all. I am merely venting on the processes we have to go through to get to the bottom line.

Sorry to use your thread to vent Carol, I do hope it will not affect my chances of entry into the Promised Land.

How are you doing today?
 
@patient 99
Good Morning Sunshine :SUNsmile:
I had to tell Someone, so your it :heehee: Today I, Diana...Queen, Jokester, High Priestess, owner
Of the "Promise Land" & all around "COOL"person :cool: Actually RAN with my :dogwalk: Twice :happydance::happydance:
Okay Spotlight on "CAROL" now..... I thought your doctor told you your diagnosis was Excess
Scar tissue :umm:Did he just not write it down ? I also had a question..... How can
Scar tissue just disappear ? :what: Doesn't it have to be broken up ?
@71Beetle I live in Boston, Ma. We have the best hospitals & Doctors in the
World....for that I have always been grateful :) I also have private insurance.
I can see any doctor I want & don't have to wait months to see them.
Tell your boss to come to Boston, he will see the best of the best.
Ladies, the "Promised Land" is calling me to go walk the track at the high
School :walking:
Carol, my e-mail is acting up :headbang: I can't send or receive, you can P.M. Me
Here if you want.
Have a great day,
Love,
Diana:loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Sorry to use your thread to vent Carol, I do hope it will not affect my chances of entry into the Promised Land.

Hi Lisa, The story of your boss is sadly all too common. May be what the real problem is is that our expectations keep growing and growing, but we don't pay enough to match them. Also the increasing habit of suing the medical profession is likely to be one reason why surgeons/doctors play their cards close to their chest - least said least mended. Who knows? Certainly not me.

I thought it was funny you apologising for using my thread to vent, when your thread seems to be the local drop in centre. I checked your thread yesterday to find out how you were doing - lots of jokes but no mention of your recovery. I'll check it again later. But I suspect you have an express ticket to the Promised Land - you lucky duck. Carol
 
Actually RAN with my :dogwalk: Twice

Hi Sweetness
:wowspring::wowspring: What like real running? how fast? twice, three, four times walking speed?


The OS did say he thought it was scar tissue when I met him, but in his letter to my doctor (copied to me) he never mentioned it. I thought that was odd. I've phoned his secretary for clarification, but she hasn't as yet got back to me!

Your guess is as good as mine re scar tissue `disappearing'. Honestly Diana I wasn't acting like a dummy when I went to see him. I was asking what I thought were clear questions, but not getting much back. Whilst they didn't say it explicitly, I think both surgeons want to avoid further surgery at all costs(me too). Given that my knee problems are considered `moderate', they want to wait to see if my knee will get better on its own. Things wont stay the same. It will either get much worse or improve. Watch this space.

Now enough of me :heehee: So you can sit cross legged on the floor, you can run with your dog. What about weights? Can you strap a weight to your ankle and lift your foot off the ground? And what's your ROM? I think another title is coming your way..............Diana ............Medical Marvel. :dancy::friends:
 
@patient 99
My Dearest Cuteness,
I actually RAN :dancy::happydance::yes!: & since you asked, I can strap a weight to my leg &
Kick myself in the Butt :egypdance:ROM is over 140. I have to run....( Work ) I will post to you
Tomorrow about Doctors & such.
Don't you like my Vegetable jokes ?:shrug:
All my Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@new knee in June and @patient 99 - Congratulations Diana!!! You are making fantastic strides in your recovery! A ROM of over 140 is fantastic! Thank you for sharing your success. It is inspiration for everyone on these forums.
You are fortunate to live so close to some top medical institutions and have a access to such good care.

Carol, I hope you get the answers you are looking for. So frustrating for you!

Also the increasing habit of suing the medical profession is likely to be one reason why surgeons/doctors play their cards close to their chest - least said least mended.

You may have hit the nail on the head there. I received a text from my boss this afternoon. He is on his way back from NYC. The doctors here were not willing to be aggressive enough with his treatments and were giving him 2-5 years. The head surgeon at the Cancer Clinic here recommended he go to the US where they would throw everything possible at the cancer and that is what the plan is. He will be travelling back and forth for treatments. So sad - I do hope he can get through it.

I appreciate the express pass to the Promised Land. It sure sounds like a great place to be!

Have a great evening, day, night...whatever time zone suits. xox
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom