Guest viewing is limited

THR Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side

Wish I could tell you there was a better way to sleep.
No one worked that out for me.
Finally....after many months...it happened .
I'm still sleeping all night like a baby trying to catch up.

4th of July baby!!! How wonderful.
Fireworks just for you every year!
That is awesome:yes!:

It will get there, dear Eve...try not to let it frustrate you too much.
Catch up with those Power naps!:yes:
 
I've been thinking of you and have a little preview of your B-day playlist....
"I need you sundown"....by Lightwave Empire (bet you never heard of them...lol)
A big beautiful song to start off the eve of your B-day : ) Hope your spirits are high and you're feeling better~
j
 
[Bonesmart.org] Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side

Hope today is a Good Day!
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Eve.
Hope you're feeling great today and have a wonderful birthday.
Lucky you....a Grand Finale of Fireworks for your birthday each year.
Wishing you a year of abundant love, happiness, peace and good health!
@eve2
 
thx @Mojo333 and @Layla for your sweet birthday wishes :) I had a good birthday and I spend the day walking without the cane (Granted, I didn't walk much but it felt good).

All in all i feel great and I am ready to feel even better!
Hope you guys had a good 4th!
 
SO!

Monday I had my 6 week post op checkup and all is well, wohooo! I have been busy doing things, which is new to me. Just doing things, feels good!
They did an x-ray and everything is where it's supposed to be, so that's good! I will be seeing him in a year from now.
Today I AM officially 6 weeks post op and I feel great. I am just not ready to sit yet. I went back to work, slowly, sitting at my desk for a long time is still a challenge. But I am hoping this will get better with time.

I need to thank each and very one of you for helping through this difficult time. You are awesome
 
Wonderful news, Eve, I'm happy for you!
It's always nice to leave those doctor visits with the reassurance you're healing as expected and on the right path.

Wondering if there's some type of cushion that would make sitting more comfortable while you're working.
I didn't like sitting for long periods early on either. Especially in the car. Thirty to Forty-Five minutes and I was done. I'm sure it will continue to get easier but that's not really helpful for now.

You sound well! Thanks for updating. It was nice to hear from you.
Wishing you a great rest of the week!
@eve2
 
:egypdance:Isn't it just so reassuring to get those affirming X-rays?
Was for me.
Take your time and take all the time you can before back to work full-time.
Back to work can be tiring and hard, I know!
Great job, eve :yes:
 
Wondering if there's some type of cushion that would make sitting more comfortable while you're working.
I didn't like sitting for long periods early on either.

You know what? I actually swapped my office chair with a regular chair and the hard surface seems to make my bum more happy, doesn't make sense, but whatever gets me to sit and work.

Yeah it was good to see an xray- see Peter and hear that it's all going well.
 
hey @Mojo333 , it was indeed reassuring, such a good feeling.

I am taking it slow, a few hours every day, I'll just wait for a full day to happen. Working in the creative field, especially as a freelancer is very challenging in terms of starting again after a long break.
 
Working in the creative field, especially as a freelancer is very challenging in terms of starting again after a long break.
Truer words were never spoken. Have you had to turn down work? That's the worst! How busy are you? Anybody you can trust to outsource work to for the short term?
 
@Bone-obo

hey there, you feel me and you know exactly what I am talking about :) Well, I guess the good thing is that my career shift to photography is quite recent (2 years ago) and I was still working on my portfolio and educating myself. As far as clients go, am not busy. But I need to find the motivation to pick up where I left with my personal projects and start chasing work, literally! Now that I can run!

The goal now is to go out more and get to meet other people. Wish me luck!

How have you been?
 
How have you been?
Pretty good! I'm trying to break the cycle of "feeling good->over do->crash" this week, so I can get back up to speed with my cycling. Workwise, we're in one of those periodic slow periods, where money from the previous crunch is coming in (yay!), but there's not as much in the pipeline as we'd like (boooo!). Got a couple of simple interview shoots/edits coming up, so at least we're not looking at trying to pick off the chipmunks in the backyard for meat. Yet. We (I!) also need to get out and meet some people! My "favorite" part of freelancing. :banghead:
 
"Chipmunks in the backyard for meat" :eeeuw: That Bone-obo sure is a character!
Hopefully you'll never be that bad off, Eve :heehee:
Wishing for you some opportunities to meet people and get your business rolling.
It will come. You're doing well and getting stronger each week.
Worst case....there are always Chipmunks, I heard it tastes just like Chicken :rotfl:
Hugs and best wishes for a great rest of the week!
@eve2
 
@Bone-obo

awh! I know how you feel! I am sure you will be fine!
Tell me more about the cycle? What happens when you crash? Are you in extreme pain?
Wait, maybe I should just go read your thread, duh, I am not very good at finding out the news about everyone!
 
So last Wednesday I was 7 weeks post op, woop woop. I feel mostly "normal" now. I move normal and live normally. Nothing to strenuous still, obviously. So all good.

EXCEPT!

The secret, that I haven't told anyone except for my DH: My left hip started hurting a few days BEFORE my RTHR. It's not pain, as much as, it just felt uncomfortable. It feels like it needs to pop, like it's stuck...
I noticed it, said ah and dismissed it. As it is neither constant pain/discomfort nor is it restricting me in any way, I just ignored. Fast forward now 7 weeks post op I feel it more often, again, not restricting or too painful just uncomfortable.

2 days ago was when I woke up and immediately noticed it. Boooo
I spoke about it with my DH and I said that I had intended to bring it up on my 6 week post op appt with my OS, but it was all so cheerful and nice, I really didn't want to talk about it.
Anyway, long story short: Today I spoke to my PT about it, it's out there, it's becoming a thing. She looked at my most recent x-ray and confirmed that my left hip doesn't really look like a happy hip. The socket is shallow, it is visible. I told her my plan was just wait until my one year post op, until then I will have had enough PT to see if this will go away on its own and my body will have had enough time to adapt and if it still hurts till then, I will obviously bring it up with my OS.

The question is, is it common in people with Hip dysplasia to eventually get a bilateral THR? Any one with the same story/condition/experience?

Having said that, I am not too scared, since I have done this before, I am just a little bit ticked since I *just* got to a life without pain and I am NOT looking forward to being in again soon :(

Oh well! Sorry for the not very cheerful post on a Friday! I wish everyone a happy and good weekend

:curtsey:
 
Hi there,
It's great to read you're doing so well at 7 weeks, Eve.
I'm sorry your other hip is causing you discomfort.
Thankfully you are taking it all in stride and realize if necessary....you can do this again.

You will notice through the article below that Hip Dysplasia can either be bilateral or unilateral.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/dysplasia-of-the-hip-joint.40076/

With any luck you'll be able to wait quite some time between surgeries. Hopefully you find some relief.
Thanks for the update. Wishing you a wonderful weekend! :)
@eve2
 
Thank you @Layla for your reply and the useful info. Well, no one was talking about the left side, but no one was saying unilateral hip Dysplasia either, so I guess I will have to wait and see how this develops.

For now I am doing well. Yesterday and last weekend were def the most active days since the surgery, or ever! It felt good to just be able to do things.
Yesterday I did so much work around our place, now my butt hurts :heehee: First time to feel pain there since the surgery. Today I am doing low key, but since the butt hurts, sitting hurts. Oh the joys of recovery! Tomorrow I will be 8 weeks post op and it feels amaaazing.

Well, that's it for me. I can't wait for the 3 months phase to be over so that I can go back to skating (:meow:) haha

I also need to find out what sports are generally good after. I hate running/jogging anyway. What else is a good sport I can do after fully recovering?
 
The question is, is it common in people with Hip dysplasia to eventually get a bilateral THR? Any one with the same story/condition/experience?
I suppose it depends on the cause of the dysplasia. In my case, it was a birth thing that nobody caught, so I'm a future double. Hey, been through it once, how bad could it be? (Nobody answer that.)

I also need to find out what sports are generally good after. I hate running/jogging anyway. What else is a good sport I can do after fully recovering?
Soooo many sports! Archery, biking, swimming, climbing, hiking, unicycling, horse riding, golf, skating, orienteering, sailing, snowboarding, kayaking and canoeing, just to name a few, and each of these sports has sub-categories to explore. And these are just the obvious ones!

Can you tell I've made a list of stuff I want to try? Hiking is a big one, but this climbing thing also looks pretty sweet. Golf, not so much. My clubs would be first in the lake. Now frisbee golf ... hmmm.

Good to hear you're crushing it, Eve!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom