THR Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side

YAY!!!
So happy you're feeling better : )
My 4th week was when I really started feeling good again and it just keeps getting better and better moving forward! A little achie-ness...I think is normal....(but not sharp pain and I'm not a nurse...) I'm still hurting at times (even at 7 weeks post tomorrow...) especially when I move around a lot so I just take X-tra strength Tylenol which totally helps ~ and I always take my "S" with me anytime I leave the house (you're a smart cookie:idea: to do that)!
So so happy for you ~ I've missed you and glad you're checking in ~
Sending Healing vibes right back at you ~
 
Last edited:
OK....
So I have another song for you:
"Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley : )
"Don't worry, everything is gonna be alright!"
This is my message to you.....my sweet Eve!
j
 
7 weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks! YEAH!

Congrats! I hope it keeps getting better and better and better and better ...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So I have a question for a friend:

My friend's sitser is 12 and it seems she will be getting a " femoral rotational osteonomy". I was telling my friend how finding such a great forum helped me and I can only imagine how a very young girl will feel about it and how it really makes a difference to find people, who went through the same thing.

Does any of you know of a forum that can help her?
Help?
Thank you!
 
7 weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks! YEAH!

Congrats! I hope it keeps getting better and better and better and better ...
Yes....the better we feel....the more we do....the more we get little pains :good-bad:
can't win sometimes....that being said, my doc says at 3 mo's we're fully recovered...
we'll see when I get to Outside Lands...3 months post op exactly:shocked:, seeing him tomorrow for my 6-7 week post op...I'll let ya know how that goes lol! Meantime....
Relax, listen to some good tunes....go thru my "PT playlist" bottom of pp. 2 on my thread.....(that'll keep you busy for a few hours...)
and Rest, Rest, Rest...
Sending positive healing vibes to you today ~
 
Last edited:
[

oh! Best of luck for tomorrow! Please keep me posted.


I am resting and being a good girl. Thank you for some extremely awesome music!
Rock ON!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
YAY ~ Glad you're being a good girl : )
I'm trying to be good...it's hard sometimes:heehee:live and learn right?!?!
Have another little song for you today ~
"Brave" by Sara Bareilles....
Enjoy~
Sending positive healing vibes one song at a time ~

oh oh oh....a HOT new song just released..."Wouldn't wanna be like you"...by Cheryl Crow and St. Vincent....nothing to do with anything on this forum (well maybe that's not true hahaha ~ just joking now)...but it's just an awesome new song that I just heard : )
 
Last edited:
My friend's sitser is 12 and it seems she will be getting a " femoral rotational osteonomy"

Got no idea what that involves.
@Josephine might know if we can be of any support!
 
I can help her! What she is having is a femoral DErotaitonal osteotomy. This means she had something like a congentially dislocated hip or a dysplasic hip which is now grown into a bad position for a normal hip with her foot inturned so she cannot walk properly. The socket might be deformed as well. So in order to get things into alignment again, he will cut the top of the femur and rotate the top part so it sits in a better position. This cut will be fixed with a plate and screws.

[Bonesmart.org] Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side
 
Eve,
I just heard the MOST beautiful love song....(just dropped today...)
"SOLD" by Mondo Cosmo....
Makes you cry it's soooooo beautiful ~
Sending you loving healing vibes from LA tonight ~
 
Hi @eve2
Wondering how the weekend is going?
Hopefully the effects of last weekend have decreased. Or better yet, disappeared.
Soon you'll have your 6 week post op. It is nice to see an x-ray and get the docs
confirmation that you're progressing as you should. It's still very early days though
when you take into consideration how long that prosthetic will serve you. So...take it slow and easy.
Hope today is good and wishing you a Happy 4th of July!
 
Hi Eve, I don't think I've checked in on you for awhile:flwrysmile:! You are about a week ahead on me in recovery it appears. I scrolled through your posts and saw that you sat on the ground at one point! Wow! I haven't sat on the floor in a couple of years and I've always been a floor sitter. That's one of my big goals so hope I can accomplish that in the near future! I want to be able to give those tummy tickles to Togo, my husky and walk him again myself!

I am curious about your sleeping. Are you still on your back? Are you sleeping through the night? I will follow you and want to offer my hugs and healing energy from SoCal to you up in NorCal!
 
I can help her!

Thank you so much Josephine. This is very useful info. I will wait for my friend to confirm that her sister actually needs the surgery and that this one is indeed the right one for her. You know people always want more than one opinion. I will keep you updated! Thx again!

:loveshwr:
 
:flwrysmile:Oh my god it's so beautiful!
Thank you for sharing this!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @Layla

So good to hear from you :) I am doing really well, thank you. I had an eventful weekend AND I didn't overdo it, isn't this just marvelous? I feel I can do more. My PT told me I can walk up tp 2 miles a day (using Mz. S.) and this has been very useful as an orientation. I don't do and can't do 2 miles everyday, but it's good to know I can go shopping as long as I am aware of my limit.

After returning from shopping yesterday I iced, just in case.
I also do my exercises everyday and I can't wait to be able to do cardio (I feel like this is still too far away).

But yeah I am super excited about my 6 week post po and -oh my god- yes, hearing that everything IS where it should be, will be a great relief. Wish me luck.

Happy 4th of July everyone! It's my birthday :curtsey:
 
Hi Eve~
Glad you had a nice weekend and so happy you liked "Sold" ~ made me think of you....it's so beautiful ~ just like YOU : )
Music is so healing and just takes you to another place, especially when you're recuperating and need an escape from TV Land : )
Can't believe you're walking 2 miles....wow ~ amazing you're going that far!
Funny Story ~
We listened to all new music (from 2018) this weekend.
I kept Shazaming songs...and they wouldn't come up ~
so...I asked my sweetie why things weren't coming up...he replied: "it's not released yet":rotfl: I laughed so hard...nearly fell off the couch ~ that would not have been good for my hip - lol! Obviously he works in the biz ~
I was thinking of you and wanted to send you ALL of it ~ there's so much great music out right now....I'm lovin' everything....okay...almost everything : )
Sending positive healing vibes to you today ~
Big Big Hugs
 
Last edited:
Hi Eve,
It's wonderful to hear your recovery is going so well.
Love that you had an eventful weekend without overdoing. It is a fine balance in the beginning.

Preventative icing after any activity is wise at this stage of the game.

Take the walking slow until you know your limit. By that I mean a gradual increase.
If you haven't yet, I'd hate to see you walk a mile and suffer the entire way back. Taking Sugar
along with you for awhile is a good idea. She may be your bestie in an emergency.

I wish you luck on your 6 week appt. I just had my one year and I was nervous and excited. It's always so reassuring to hear that all looks as it should. I'll bet you have a great visit!

All the best to you...Enjoy the 4th!
@eve2
 
Hi Eve, I don't think I've checked in on you for awhile:flwrysmile:

Hey there yourself :) So good to hear from you.
I have been doing really well. Thank you for asking. I am sure you will go back to being a floor sitter very soon ;)

Sleeping on my side is the thing I wanted to complain about next. Because I can't still sleep on my right side :( I mean I could, but it gets uncomfortable quickly! So, yeah, still mainly mummy pose and sometimes left side, but mainly mummy pose.

I stopped taking sleeping aid I guess 1 and a half weeks ago and I mostly sleep through the night yes, I usually wake up once to pee :D This is when not being able to sleep on my right side pisses me the most, as I really find it difficult to fall asleep NOT being on my right side. I am hoping this goes away soon.

How is it looking with you and sleeping?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom